Weezy's Comedy Show

Weezy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, how surprising that this was Stubbs' idea too, just like the GGA attactorate. I wondered back then why Marx would go through with it and risk all his work on some lulz to appease inactive old members like that. Going along with dumb ideas on a whim is not a good way to run an alliance, Marx.

[quote name='Comrade Goby' timestamp='1295956862' post='2599910']
Gee I wonder if only almost every other person that's ever been gov in \m/ has been trying to tell how retarded Marx is. Why do you think so many people tried to get rid of him?

Oh well \m/ will be put to sleep soon enough.
[/quote]

We were so close that one time until you screwed things up :smug:

[quote name='Chief Stubbs' timestamp='1295958061' post='2599943']
I'm still waiting for my slice of the "You are retarded" pie. My word, everyone goes after Marx for what he's done because he's screwed up in the past; how about Margrave and I? We were both equal conspirators in this.
[/quote]

It's the job of the officers to keep the ship running, keep the morale of the troops up, and come up with ideas, no matter how hare-brained they might be. It's the job of the Leader to pilot the ship, keep the officers morale up, and make sure any bad ideas don't snowball into bad actions. I don't see anything in those logs about Margrave or you that puts you in a bad light Chief. You two were just doing your jobs. I'm not trying to make Marx out to be a terrible person either, Keeping \m/ in line sounds like a full time job at the Zoo. :P

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295981822' post='2600614']
Heh, how surprising that this was Stubbs' idea too, just like the GGA attactorate. I wondered back then why Marx would go through with it and risk all his work on some lulz to appease inactive old members like that. Going along with dumb ideas on a whim is not a good way to run an alliance, Marx.
[/quote]
Was the GGA attacktorate my idea? I can't remember.
Inactive? Medium activity, I'd declare.
Perhaps the moral of the story is "Don't listen to Stubbs."

[quote name='Chief Stubbs' timestamp='1295993638' post='2601029']
Was the GGA attacktorate my idea? I can't remember.
Inactive? Medium activity, I'd declare.
Perhaps the moral of the story is "Don't listen to Stubbs."
[/quote]
Well I was only in the public chan, but from what I remember you suggested the attackorate.

And I guess so, since these two incidents damaged \m/'s reputation immensely after you came out of the BiPolar war pretty well.

[quote name='Chief Stubbs' timestamp='1295958061' post='2599943']
I'm still waiting for my slice of the "You are retarded" pie. My word, everyone goes after Marx for what he's done because he's screwed up in the past; how about Margrave and I? We were both equal conspirators in this.
[/quote]

Margrave had the common sense to at least ask, "are we sure we want to do this?"

The moral of the story has always been "don't listen to Stubbs". <_<

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295994679' post='2601087']
Well I was only in the public chan, but from what I remember you suggested the attackorate.

And I guess so, since these two incidents damaged \m/'s reputation immensely after you came out of the BiPolar war pretty well.
[/quote]
Three different ways to express "attack protectorate".

And hey, I try.

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1295991331' post='2600939']
It's the job of the officers to keep the ship running, keep the morale of the troops up, and come up with ideas, no matter how hare-brained they might be. It's the job of the Leader to pilot the ship, keep the officers morale up, and make sure any bad ideas don't snowball into bad actions. I don't see anything in those logs about Margrave or you that puts you in a bad light Chief. You two were just doing your jobs. I'm not trying to make Marx out to be a terrible person either, Keeping \m/ in line sounds like a full time job at the Zoo. :P
[/quote]

If he ever worked for you, you'd understand that Stubbs is a phenomenon that is best experienced as a visual experience and not a verbal one...good alliance member, cares about \m/, wants what is best for the alliance, gives out ideas that either have you screaming at him to shut up because he persists at them to the point of annoyance or...have you doing this a lot: :facepalm:

Looks real, but a little slow a foot? ---- check
Stumbles often ----- check
Prior burial ------ check

This is what comes from PunkSemetary.

Little M, half an EM space, gone so soon and forgotten even more quickly than the first.

I look forward to your anniversary whines.

Caliph you are a great guy and I'm glad I picked you to replace me as triumvir. You will be a great addition to whatever home you choose to move to next. Weezy you joined/got active after I had left so I don't know much about you but you also seem intelligent. Marx, I like you as a person but the fact that you continue to move forward with half-baked publicity stunts after the first four or five failed and backfired on \m/ pretty much speaks for itself.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295995140' post='2601103']
If he ever worked for you, you'd understand that Stubbs is a phenomenon that is best experienced as a visual experience and not a verbal one...good alliance member, cares about \m/, wants what is best for the alliance, gives out ideas that either have you screaming at him to shut up because he persists at them to the point of annoyance or...have you doing this a lot: :facepalm:
[/quote]
And yet you cannot deny my entertainment value or my work ethic. Honestly, if people reviewed my ideas instead of latching right on, there wouldn't be so many facepalms, and instead fully fledged out concepts could come forth. Can't help my malignant excitability, myself ;)

[00:06] <~EmperorMarx> I just don't give a $%&@ anymore. I put so much work into this alliance with little to show for it for the longest time
[00:07] <~EmperorMarx> Or the "problems" people have with it
[00:07] <~EmperorMarx> Everybody wants \m/ to be \m/
[00:07] <~EmperorMarx> This is \m/.

This right here struck a chord in me...and I think a lot of leaders in various alliances may feel the same way. I actually had a conversation the other night on such a topic. As long as others continue to hold old grudges, any work we do is essentially meaningless, because the son will always be at fault for the sins of the father.

Speaking of which...

[22:34] <~EmperorMarx> So let's hit someone else too
[22:34] <~EmperorMarx> Personallly
[22:34] <~EmperorMarx> I want NATO

:P

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296018821' post='2602022']
[00:06] <~EmperorMarx> I just don't give a $%&@ anymore. I put so much work into this alliance with little to show for it for the longest time
[00:07] <~EmperorMarx> Or the "problems" people have with it
[00:07] <~EmperorMarx> Everybody wants \m/ to be \m/
[00:07] <~EmperorMarx> This is \m/.

This right here struck a chord in me...and I think a lot of leaders in various alliances may feel the same way. I actually had a conversation the other night on such a topic. As long as others continue to hold old grudges, any work we do is essentially meaningless, because the son will always be at fault for the sins of the father.

Speaking of which...

[22:34] <~EmperorMarx> So let's hit someone else too
[22:34] <~EmperorMarx> Personallly
[22:34] <~EmperorMarx> I want NATO

:P
[/quote]

You know why he said 'NATO', right?

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1296058034' post='2602768']
I don't

Seriously I don't, why did he?
[/quote]

In late summer 2007, NATO was an ally of \m/. It was understood, at least from the \m/ side of things, that NATO would help \m/ in case of war. When war broke out in September, NATO sided with NpO and its allies. It was perceived as a backstab by many \m/ members and continues to be so to this day.

My take on it is this: when we were making war plans in September 2007 (and I was a Triumvir, so I ought to know...), I don't recall anyone from NATO taking any of the meetings. That should have been a clue that they weren't on board for defending \m/ or following it into battle (ditto Atlantis for that matter, and they had been a \m/ protectorate). I think many members of \m/ assumed too much and didn't realize just how badly FA had been screwed by the various UjP members, not just \m/. Beyond that, NATO was populated with several recently departed, disgruntled former members of \m/, some of them fairly high ranking. I doubt they gave any sort of counsel that NATO should defend \m/.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1296064542' post='2602896']
The road map young rulers must read to navigate around must be massive. It's no wonder they just throw it down and walk away.
[/quote]
[i]
OOC: Among the many players of this game that I've had the pleasure or displeasure of interacting with, the vast majority were either Political Science buffs, History buffs, wargamers who enjoy strategy games, or computer gamers who occasionally enjoy human interaction more so than cool FPS graphics. Such people crave depth of story and background. To suggest that the dislike that old \m/ members have for NATO is silly is to suggest that French who still hold a bit of a grudge against the Germans for World War II are silly. You don't have to agree with the emotion of it, but it is real.[/i]

Planet Bob doesn't reset itself. People can and do hold grudges for years. Not everyone does, but enough do to help keep things...interesting. A young ruler would do well to talk to their elders, read the CN wiki, and come to their own conclusions regarding whether a particular grudge is legitimate and act accordingly.

Edited by ChairmanHal