Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295815949' post='2594363']
For those calling the NPO "cowards", I should like to point out that Thessaly has no other treaties (that I know of) apart from being a protectorate of the New Pacific Order, so it seems unlikely that Thessaly intends to enter the war.

Not to sound like a broken record, but as I noted earlier Thessaly is currently fighting three wars involving [u]one[/u] of their fifteen members, and all wars are defensive.

Have I missed something on the OWF with respect to Thessaly? If so, would someone be good enough to point me in the right direction?[/quote]
Jeez you people need more drama then a global war? KZ you should know that not all decisions are made on the OWF and not every decision has to be a reaction to a publicly posted event.

Simple enough there was a situation UNRELATED to the current large drama of the VE-NpO war, that could have be handled with some simple diplomacy in which the NPO was willing to help but there were leader(s) of Thessaly who are determined to make a mountain out of a molehill. So we told them that if they are bound to take this course then we would not support them in it. Then again I guess one will find fault with anything announced by the NPO just because we are the NPO. Take actions to ensure stupidity doesnt spread and we are ebil. Back stupidity and enter a conflict that could easily have been avoided and we are ebil warmongers. Not sure if that counts as a win win or a lose lose.

As for the TIO, the NPO and TIO know where we stand with each other and we are secure in that knowledge. ATM TIO doesn't need a hand in blowing their opponets to pieces.

Its also good to know that the NPO is still the puppet master for all the treaties on our side of the web, even in a war that is not of our making.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295817863' post='2594404']

It is only a CB if Cortath took the screenshots himself and passed them on. We've been taking the lessons of the brave new world very seriously.
[/quote]

An IO doesn't count?

Damn.

Then keep feeding me the screenies, Red. There's no danger in it, apparently. :awesome:

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1295817576' post='2594395']
I see a ~650k NS loss, which is about on par with other alliances (but yes maybe on the heavier side). NpO has lost approximately 5 times that amount while only being about 3 times their pre-war size. THAT is a beat-down.
[/quote]
No !@#$ Sherlock, You needed PC, iFOK and FOK to dogpile on them. What exactly did you think would happen to Polars strength after wards?

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1295818620' post='2594426']
No !@#$ Sherlock, You needed PC, iFOK and FOK to dogpile on them. What exactly did you think would happen to Polars strength after wards?
[/quote]

Yeah that's sorta my point. I was comparing the supposed beatdown of iFOK to the [i]real[/i] beat down of Polaris.

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1295818620' post='2594426']
[/quote]

When I become a general, I'll base all of my tactics on not unnecessarily outnumbering the enemy. If I ever have a numerical superiority that could easily crush the enemy, I'll just leave most of my troops behind. Fair is fair, right?

Heh.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1295819428' post='2594458']
When I become a general, I'll base all of my tactics on not unnecessarily outnumbering the enemy. If I ever have a numerical superiority that could easily crush the enemy, I'll just leave most of my troops behind. Fair is fair, right?

Heh.
[/quote]

Ok...

Not sure why you are telling us though. :unsure:

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1295819428' post='2594458']

Heh.
[/quote]

FYI that was just in response to Penkala claiming NpO was being beat down (which they are). But Penks post turned out to be in response to someone else who said iFOK lost a rather large chunk of NS. So realizing that another response from me would result in us arguing in circles, I left it alone.

Then you come in...

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1295819585' post='2594463']
Ok...

Not sure why you are telling us though. :unsure:
[/quote]To point out that tears (or other behavioral patterns of deep dissatisfaction) over piling up, are just as sensible, if not even less so, as tears over people being in peacemode.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1295819318' post='2594452']
It'll be nice when MK, NPO, Umbrella, TOP, MHA, Legion and GOONS can continue to grow in peace while the rest of CN wipes itself off the map. I'm sure NPO and Legion vs Umbrella GOONS TOP and MK when the rest of CN is dead should be a fun fight.
[/quote]

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Are you claiming Umbrella/GOONS and their allies are staying out of the conflict so they can gear up for a future war against us? Why would they want to do that? And if they did, why not just attack us now, when most major alliances are too busy to "interfere"?

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1295817957' post='2594410']
Simple enough there was a situation UNRELATED to the current large drama of the VE-NpO war, that could have be handled with some simple diplomacy in which the NPO was willing to help but there were leader(s) of Thessaly who are determined to make a mountain out of a molehill. So we told them that if they are bound to take this course then we would not support them in it.
[/quote]

That's pretty much what the FEB/Thessaly situation looked like, given the actual announcement. I doubt that many alliances willing to take on protectorates haven't found themselves in similar situations, at one time or another.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1295817957' post='2594410']
Then again I guess one will find fault with anything announced by the NPO just because we are the NPO.
[/quote]

It's more entertaining to pretend this is all a subtle ploy on the part of NPO to ensure Total Global Domination.

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1295819959' post='2594468']
FYI that was just in response to Penkala claiming NpO was being beat down (which they are). But Penks post turned out to be in response to someone else who said iFOK lost a rather large chunk of NS. So realizing that another response from me would result in us arguing in circles, I left it alone.

Then you come in...
[/quote]

Then I came in.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295820475' post='2594495']
Not sure what this has to do with anything. Are you claiming Umbrella/GOONS and their allies are staying out of the conflict so they can gear up for a future war against us? Why would they want to do that? And if they did, why not just attack us now, when most major alliances are too busy to "interfere"?
[/quote]

Lack of balls to do any aggressive moves even when they have NS in their side, they always need someone crappy excuse to act like they were just defending themselves. They are all talk and no walk.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1295819318' post='2594452']
It'll be nice when MK, NPO, Umbrella, TOP, MHA, Legion and GOONS can continue to grow in peace while the rest of CN wipes itself off the map. I'm sure NPO and Legion vs Umbrella GOONS TOP and MK when the rest of CN is dead should be a fun fight.
[/quote]

NPO is innocent! They have no absolutely no desire to bully, connive and manipulate themselves to the top once again. They can absolutely be trusted!

:smug:

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295815949' post='2594363']
For those calling the NPO "cowards", I should like to point out that Thessaly has no other treaties (that I know of) apart from being a protectorate of the New Pacific Order, so it seems unlikely that Thessaly intends to enter the war.

Not to sound like a broken record, but as I noted earlier Thessaly is currently fighting three wars involving [u]one[/u] of their fifteen members, and all wars are defensive.

Have I missed something on the OWF with respect to Thessaly? If so, would someone be good enough to point me in the right direction?

Right now this announcement makes no sense to me.[snip]
[/quote]

You are correct, in that at present, Thessaly is fighting three defensive wars. The situation is more complicated than what one can gleam from the CN war screens. If anyone's really all that interested, they can contact me (or Thessaly for that matter). I don't particularly care to parade diplomacy across the OWF.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1295820843' post='2594517']NPO is innocent! They have no absolutely no desire to bully, connive and manipulate themselves to the top once again. They can absolutely be trusted!

:smug:[/quote]

Just like we're supposed to trust you? Right ... ok then.

Thessaly we wish you the best and our door is still open if you wish to solve the issue diplomatically.

People if you want NPO to enter the war just declare an agressive war against either the NPO (really?) or one of its MDP partners here that are easily seen here:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Treaties_of_the_New_Pacific_Order

As to having them enter in the current conflict I suggest you try to e-lawyer in one of NPO's allies (assuming NPO's treaties allow chaining)

its really that simple, declaring war to get war seems like the simplest way to gain what you want. But I honestly dont think that VE, PC, iFOK and FOK can curbstomp the NPO like they did with NpO (and definatly not both at the same time)

[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' timestamp='1295821375' post='2594547']
Just like we're supposed to trust you? Right ... ok then.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone in TOP particularly cares if the NPO trusts us. We all--especially those of us who have been members of the NPO in the past--understand quite well what the "Pacifica Prevails!" cult entails for how your alliance behaves.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1295817097' post='2594390']
Ok, let me get this straight a protectorate of NPO's was attacked and they did not defend them. Am I missing something or did NPO just puss out? I'm sure all the idiots spouting in my NEW thread will be here spouting the same mindless dribble.....checking.....checking.....not seeing it, amazing.
[/quote]
You are missing something.

So one of Argent's protectorates (First Earth Battalion) declares on one of NPO's protectorates (Thessaly), for who knows what reason.

NPO, rather than resolve the issue with Argent, cuts ties with their protectorate and throws them under the bus. That's... pretty messed up.