Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Iserlohn' timestamp='1295827813' post='2594843']
So one of Argent's protectorates (First Earth Battalion) declares on one of NPO's protectorates (Thessaly), for who knows what reason.

NPO, rather than resolve the issue with Argent, cuts ties with their protectorate and throws them under the bus. That's... pretty messed up.
[/quote]

That seems less than accurate considering what Cortath said...

So one of Argent's protectorates (First Earth Battalion) declares on one of NPO's protectorates (Thessaly), for who knows what reason.

NPO, rather than resolve the issue with Argent, cuts ties with their protectorate and throws them under the bus. That's... pretty messed up.
[/quote]
Did you even read the thread?

I'd start with what Cortath has said and if that doesn't work, you can contact him yourself...

[/quote]

The New Pacific Order has made every effort to resolve the issue, and has found that the counter-parties to the discussion were perfectly reasonable and willing to agree on an amicable end.

The fact that said amicable end did not materialise is why this announcement makes reference to hostile behaviour.

[/quote]

I happen to think this is a brilliant FA strategy... you have some stupid meat shield dumb enough to believe that you'll be good on your word when called to task when in reality you have no intention on fulfilling your obligations. Truly brilliant!

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1295817957' post='2594410']
Jeez you people need more drama then a global war? KZ you should know that not all decisions are made on the OWF and not every decision has to be a reaction to a publicly posted event.

Simple enough there was a situation UNRELATED to the current large drama of the VE-NpO war, that could have be handled with some simple diplomacy in which the NPO was willing to help but there were leader(s) of Thessaly who are determined to make a mountain out of a molehill. So we told them that if they are bound to take this course then we would not support them in it. Then again I guess one will find fault with anything announced by the NPO just because we are the NPO. Take actions to ensure stupidity doesnt spread and we are ebil. Back stupidity and enter a conflict that could easily have been avoided and we are ebil warmongers. Not sure if that counts as a win win or a lose lose.

As for the TIO, the NPO and TIO know where we stand with each other and we are secure in that knowledge. ATM TIO doesn't need a hand in blowing their opponets to pieces.

Its also good to know that the NPO is still the puppet master for all the treaties on our side of the web, even in a war that is not of our making.
[/quote]

NPO, please, [i]please[/i] don't enter this war; the tears of those who cry for blood are far more entertaining than you wiping the smug off their faces ever could be.

Also, I find it amusing that people call for NPO to fight for TIO after complaining about people dogpiling iFOK.

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1295822558' post='2594620']
People if you want NPO to enter the war just declare an agressive war against either the NPO (really?) or one of its MDP partners here that are easily seen here:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Treaties_of_the_New_Pacific_Order

As to having them enter in the current conflict I suggest you try to e-lawyer in one of NPO's allies (assuming NPO's treaties allow chaining)

its really that simple, declaring war to get war seems like the simplest way to gain what you want. But I honestly dont think that VE, PC, iFOK and FOK can curbstomp the NPO like they did with NpO (and definatly not both at the same time)
[/quote]
I think everyone was hoping Legion would come in and give a path to NPO, hence why Legion has yet to enter.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295828826' post='2594880']
The New Pacific Order has made every effort to resolve the issue, and has found that the counter-parties to the discussion were perfectly reasonable and willing to agree on an amicable end.

The fact that said amicable end did not materialise is why this announcement makes reference to hostile behaviour.
[/quote]

How dare those Thessalians think their friendship with NPO ought to be a two-way street!

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295833328' post='2595009']
NPO, please, [i]please[/i] don't enter this war; the tears of those who cry for blood are far more entertaining than you wiping the smug off their faces ever could be.

Also, I find it amusing that people call for NPO to fight for TIO after complaining about people dogpiling iFOK.

I think everyone was hoping Legion would come in and give a path to NPO, hence why Legion has yet to enter.
[/quote]

There isn't enough tin foil in the world to calm the irrational fears of these conspiracy theorists.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295833505' post='2595014']
There isn't enough tin foil in the world to calm the irrational fears of these conspiracy theorists.
[/quote]
So you're saying that if Legion attacked PB, and PB attacked back, and NPO countered that, MK wouldn't like to hit NPO?

No no, a conspiracy theory would be saying you intend to pull a TOP.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295833794' post='2595024']
So you're saying that if Legion attacked PB, and PB attacked back, and NPO countered that, MK wouldn't like to hit NPO?

No no, a conspiracy theory would be saying you intend to pull a TOP.
[/quote]

Would like to or obligated to? We honor our treaties. If NPO attacked a treaty partner, I think that we'd have to act so as not to appear as though our treaties are some sort of one-way agreement between ourselves and our protectorates/allies.

Edited by tamerlane

Penkala, grow a brain.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1295820843' post='2594517']
NPO is innocent! They have no absolutely no desire to bully, connive and manipulate themselves to the top once again. They can absolutely be trusted!

:smug:
[/quote]
And Crymson will be right there in the Grandmaster seat to make sure TOP props them up. Seriously, shut up, Crymson, you look like a fool when you talk smack about NPO. You've got a NPO flag tattooed on your ass.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295833977' post='2595032']
Would like to or obligated to? We honor our treaties. If NPO attacked a treaty partner, I think that we'd have to act so as not to appear as though our treaties are some sort of one-way agreement between ourselves and our protectorates/allies.
[/quote]
That's not the question I asked. You claimed that me saying people would like to hit NPO is a conspiracy theory. I showed a set of events that would allow this to prove otherwise. You then proceed to ignore the question at hand and take a shot at NPO instead. Then again, I suppose I can't expect you to debunk your own argument; what was I thinking? I'll settle for people being able to read chains of logic deciding for themselves.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295833345' post='2595011']
How dare those Thessalians think their friendship with NPO ought to be a two-way street!
[/quote]

As noted, the New Pacific Order has worked hard to secure an amicable solution to the conflict. Thanks to our actions and the reasonable behaviour of every other party involved, Thessaly had, and quite likely still has, an easy solution for finishing this without coming under threat.

As a sovereign alliance of course, they have every right not to choose that path. However, if they choose to strike out on their own in that manner and leave the nest, we cannot keep them under our protective wings. Thessaly knows that NPO has been a good friend and protector, and we have lived up to all our obligations in this matter, and more.

Thessaly is ultimately responsible for its own policy.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1295834032' post='2595034']
Even their protectorates want NPO in this war :v:. Come on guys. It'll be fun.
[/quote]

You might have missed this, or you might be engaging in irony, but it bears repeating: this situation is completely unrelated to the war.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295834856' post='2595068']
We can be cute but we both know who NPO's biggest fanboi was (unless we want to award a tie with Saber).
[/quote]
I'd say TT but I think your thinking of Saber.

Edit: Nice edit, rofl.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295834384' post='2595041']
That's not the question I asked. You claimed that me saying people would like to hit NPO is a conspiracy theory. I showed a set of events that would allow this to prove otherwise. You then proceed to ignore the question at hand and take a shot at NPO instead. Then again, I suppose I can't expect you to debunk your own argument; what was I thinking? I'll settle for people being able to read chains of logic deciding for themselves.
[/quote]

The chain of logic is the following...

NPO attacks MK treaty partner, MK honors its treaties. There is, and should be no, ambiguity in my response. I realize I cannot help it if people have crawled into a hole believing that every political movement in this game is orchestrated by MK and aimed at some end to eliminate the NPO but posts like yours really do highlight how pitiful you and the rest of the hole-dwellers have become.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295835217' post='2595081']

NPO attacks MK treaty partner, MK honors its treaties. There is, and should be no, ambiguity in my response. I realize I cannot help it if people have crawled into a hole believing that every political movement in this game is orchestrated by MK and aimed at some end to eliminate the NPO but posts like yours really do highlight how pitiful you the hole dwellers have become.
[/quote]
So you outright deny that MK would take pleasure in being able to hit NPO?

I'm not saying you're orchestrating anything. You orchestrating would require you to have actually done something to bring that chain about, which you didn't. I'm saying you would take the opportunity gladly, regardless of whether or not it was required. But you can continue to keep imagining things I'm not saying, it must make your arguments much easier to win.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295835217' post='2595081']

NPO attacks MK treaty partner, MK honors its treaties. There is, and should be no, ambiguity in my response. I realize I cannot help it if people have crawled into a hole believing that every political movement in this game is orchestrated by MK and aimed at some end to eliminate the NPO but posts like yours really do highlight how pitiful you and the rest of the hole-dwellers have become.
[/quote]

The countenance of MK members on these forums has been quite indicative of a desire to harm the New Pacific Order, and such a treaty chain gives them the opportunity to do so without the damage to their "image" that an "unwarranted" and direct attack would cause.

That does not require MK to orchestrate anything, just to lie in wait for an opportunity and to make post after post of goading comments.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295835571' post='2595098']
So you outright deny that MK would take pleasure in being able to hit NPO?

I'm not saying you're orchestrating anything. You orchestrating would require you to have actually done something to bring that chain about, which you didn't. I'm saying you would take the opportunity gladly, regardless of whether or not it was required. But you can continue to keep imagining things I'm not saying, it must make your arguments much easier to win.
[/quote]

Some members would take pleasure but I daresay that is representative of the whole of MK. Im just trying to figure off where you get off claiming the entire alliance is somehow frothing at the mouth to kill NPO.