A Slightly Smaller DoW

Callebaut

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295422697' post='2583479']
It just so happened that the cards fell in such a way that you could play the big boys at no risk to yourselves :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It's fun to play in the sandbox

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295423560' post='2583511']
ITT Misfit Nations are a bunch of incompetent cowards because they are on the winning side.
[/quote]

Yeah, next time to spice it up we will make sure to ally with someone who will be entering a war and on the losing side :P

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295423560' post='2583511']
ITT Misfit Nations are a bunch of incompetent cowards because they are on the winning side.
[/quote]

USMC, you always were a good stand up comic.

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1295422062' post='2583460']
Winning displays competency.
Winning with help displays less competency.
Winning with a lot of help displays quite a bit less competency.
[/quote]

But still more than getting rolled does.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295429731' post='2583599']
Considering you guys got rolled so hard you had to disband I'm not sure what your point is here.
[/quote]

recognizing superior numbers on the battlefield and making a strategic withdraw is simply sound tactics. We left, we came back, stronger than ever. success is not about the now but about the past and the future. We have both.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295435149' post='2583656']
recognizing superior numbers on the battlefield and making a strategic withdraw is simply sound tactics. We left, we came back, stronger than ever. success is not about the now but about the past and the future. We have both.
[/quote]
AHAHAHA, did you seriously just characterize disbanding your alliance as a 'strategic withdrawal'? Yeah, you guys withdrew so much you withdrew yourselves from existence. And reforming on other people's terms, dictated to you when you sought their approval to return, isn't something I'd be terribly proud of. But I guess anything will do when you're trying to maintain that facade of glorious Viridia, right?

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1295448496' post='2583850']
It is what your buddies are arguing though.
[/quote]
No, no it's not. What is this, a two-man strawman tag-team?

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1295415389' post='2582964']
People seem to forget that we don't have a treaty with Polar. And yes I know of VE's incompetence first hand fighting them in Karma and 6 mill.
[/quote]
No worries, man, we'll make sure you get some decent opponents next time.

I have full faith that VE will perform well, and our little brothers and sisters in Misfit will do a bang-up job, too. Still takes some cajones to attack Polar, even if you're on the winning side.

Edited by Lord GVChamp

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' timestamp='1295459023' post='2584043']
No worries, man, we'll make sure you get some decent opponents next time.

I have full faith that VE will perform well, and our little brothers and sisters in Misfit will do a bang-up job, too. [b]Still takes some cajones to attack Polar[/b], even if you're on the winning side.
[/quote]

I would agree with you if you had actually attacked Polar alone.

[quote name='Callebaut' timestamp='1295410322' post='2582681']
This is why I love being in a micro. Lowered standards and such mean that people take you seriously when you joke around about being a martyr.

Misfit Nations is and was well aware that we joined a war on the side that currently has far more nations. We're more than capable of counting alliances and adding Nation Strength. We would join and fight with our friends regardless of how the cards fell.
[/quote]
Maybe you should cancel your protection and sign an MDoaP, then, so you can have an actual treaty to cite.

Edited by Geoffron X

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295457679' post='2584016']
AHAHAHA, did you seriously just characterize disbanding your alliance as a 'strategic withdrawal'? Yeah, you guys withdrew so much you withdrew yourselves from existence. And reforming on other people's terms, dictated to you when you sought their approval to return, isn't something I'd be terribly proud of. But I guess anything will do when you're trying to maintain that facade of glorious Viridia, right?
[/quote]

Well, lets look at a track record of the three major alliances involved in that.

GGA died a pathetic shell of an alliance ridiculed by all.

GOONS got rolled not long after we did and died.

NPO we got to give it to personally in Karma.

VE meanwhile reformed, and became stronger than ever.

Pretty good turn around for an alliance that had been targeted by the undisputed world power at the time.

How has the alliance your in made out for it self lately? You are wearing NPO's badge, but an NSO AA ticker, so lets cover both. NPO is political poison that nobody but their most die hard fans want to touch, so despite their NS they are still in a terrible position. NSO is a joke of a failed personality cult who's entire existence can be summarized with the Six Million Dollar war.

Neither one disbanded true, but if that was the only measure of success GATO and GPA would rule the world.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295472391' post='2584268']
Did they attack alone? :P
[/quote]

For the first minute or so.. :unsure:

I may have misread, and stretched a few things in the name of humor, but who hasn't? :v:

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295472511' post='2584270']
Maybe you should cancel your protection and sign an MDoaP, then, so you can have an actual treaty to cite.
[/quote]

[quote]
Article II: Assistance and Aid

VE and Tetris agree to offer aid, both financial and martial, unilaterally to Misfits, should it be required. VE and Tetris agree to protect Misfits from all acts of aggression, provided Misfits did not directly provoke said animosity. VE and Tetris also reserve the right to assist Misfits in any aggressive action. Misfits, while not obligated, are hereby given legal justification assisting either VE or Tetris in any of their wars, either defensive or offensive.
[/quote]

You were saying...? :facepalm:

[quote name='Politician' timestamp='1295473497' post='2584279']
Didn't you get the memo :P
[/quote]

I, for one, welcome our new Spanish feline overlords. :P

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295457679' post='2584016']
No, no it's not. What is this, a two-man strawman tag-team?
[/quote]

Explain to me then, because all you are saying is "Strawman! Strawman!" when I have no idea what you are referring to. The Orders are all coming in here saying "Oh you are so big and strong attacking Polar with your tiny alliance on the winning side :rolleyes: " That is all I see you guys doing, so how does USMC123's statement not match the truth?

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295472511' post='2584270']
[/quote]

See Hereno's post, I specifically wrote our protectorate agreement to give Misfits legal justification in both offensive and defensive endeavors. Do not to assume that which you do not know.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295473938' post='2584283']
[quote]Article II: Assistance and Aid

VE and Tetris agree to offer aid, both financial and martial, unilaterally to Misfits, should it be required. VE and Tetris agree to protect Misfits from all acts of aggression, provided Misfits did not directly provoke said animosity. VE and Tetris also reserve the right to assist Misfits in any aggressive action. [i]Misfits, while not obligated[/i], are hereby given legal justification assisting either VE or Tetris in any of their wars, either defensive or offensive.[/quote]
You were saying...? :facepalm:
[/quote]
I don't know about you, but I'm kinda reading an ODAP there. Yes, it is an "actual treaty," but since protectorates are an actual treaty I assume what he meant was "mutual defense treaty," thus the mention of MDoAP. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect you're misrepresenting his argument, which is nothing new I guess.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295476460' post='2584350']
I don't know about you, but I'm kinda reading an ODAP there. Yes, it is an "actual treaty," but since protectorates are an actual treaty I assume what he meant was "mutual defense treaty," thus the mention of MDoAP. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect you're misrepresenting his argument, which is nothing new I guess.
[/quote]

I know it's a hard concept for someone in the SOS Brigade to handle, but Tetris and it's allies in Misfits and VE tend to stick up for each other and put our money where our mouths are. That's what the treaty says; that's why we signed it. If you or anyone else has a problem with Misfits' attack using that protectorate treaty, feel free to put them, us, and VE all in our places with a nice update blitz. Otherwise, shut up and quit wasting my time.