A Slightly Smaller DoW

Callebaut

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295457679' post='2584016']

No, no it's not. What is this, a two-man strawman tag-team?
[/quote]

Oh? I thought it was a pretty good summary myself. Care to point out what I missed?

As far as "strawman" goes, let's light the @#$@% on fire and let him burn!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295480574' post='2584439']
I know it's a hard concept for someone in the SOS Brigade to handle, but Tetris and it's allies in Misfits and VE tend to stick up for each other and put our money where our mouths are. That's what the treaty says; that's why we signed it. If you or anyone else has a problem with Misfits' attack using that protectorate treaty, feel free to put them, us, and VE all in our places with a nice update blitz. Otherwise, shut up and quit wasting my time.
[/quote]
I know logic is hard concept for you to grasp, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my point. I know you like to impugn the character of anyone who disagrees with you (which is laughable considering your lack thereof), but what I said in no way contradicts what you said. Misfits are perfectly justified in fighting with VE. They would be even if they didn't hold a treaty, in my opinion. My point was that you, by ignorance or malice, misrepresented the words of an opponent to attack him. What he said and what you attacked are two entirely different arguments. Pardon me if I call !@#$%^&* where I see it. Unless you have something relevant to his or my point to say, as you so aptly put it, shut up and quit wasting my time.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295482692' post='2584505']
I know logic is hard concept for you to grasp, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my point. I know you like to impugn the character of anyone who disagrees with you (which is laughable considering your lack thereof), but what I said in no way contradicts what you said. Misfits are perfectly justified in fighting with VE. They would be even if they didn't hold a treaty, in my opinion. My point was that you, by ignorance or malice, misrepresented the words of an opponent to attack him. What he said and what you attacked are two entirely different arguments. Pardon me if I call !@#$%^&* where I see it. Unless you have something relevant to his or my point to say, as you so aptly put it, shut up and quit wasting my time.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but how exactly is Hereno misrepresenting his words?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295482692' post='2584505']
[/quote]

Pardon me if I don't really care what you say. Maybe if you didn't write a wall of text to build up to a single explanatory sentence every time you spoke, I'd think you were less annoying and give you a real response. Less is more, man. Less is more.

Also, what USMC123 said. Not once have you actually said how I misrepresented him. Merely that I'm a big fat jerk and shouldn't be so ignorant and mean and cruel.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295483301' post='2584529']
I'm sorry, but how exactly is Hereno misrepresenting his words?
[/quote]
Allow me to show you:
[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295476460' post='2584350']
I don't know about you, but I'm kinda reading an ODAP there. Yes, it is an "actual treaty," but since protectorates are an actual treaty I assume what he meant was "mutual defense treaty," thus the mention of MDoAP. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect you're misrepresenting his argument, which is nothing new I guess.
[/quote]
If that's too much for you, I can simplify it; what he meant by treaty was a [i]binding[/i] treaty, not "treaty on paper," which is what Hereno attacked.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295483308' post='2584530']
Pardon me if I don't really care what you say. Maybe if you didn't write a wall of text to build up to a single explanatory sentence every time you spoke, I'd think you were less annoying and give you a real response. Less is more, man. Less is more.

Also, what USMC123 said. Not once have you actually said how I misrepresented him. Merely that I'm a big fat jerk and shouldn't be so ignorant and mean and cruel.
[/quote]
Wall of text? You've yet to see me at work. You've clearly never been a deep study of English composition, as paragraphs are supposed to be evidence that builds up to a single conclusion, which is, well, what you just described. So, thank you for the complement, I guess. :)

That said, if you don't want to read what I say, stop; I'd be more than happy to not have to deal with you any longer.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295473268' post='2584273']
Well, lets look at a track record of the three major alliances involved in that.

GGA died a pathetic shell of an alliance ridiculed by all.

GOONS got rolled not long after we did and died.

NPO we got to give it to personally in Karma.

VE meanwhile reformed, and became stronger than ever.

Pretty good turn around for an alliance that had been targeted by the undisputed world power at the time.

How has the alliance your in made out for it self lately? You are wearing NPO's badge, but an NSO AA ticker, so lets cover both. NPO is political poison that nobody but their most die hard fans want to touch, so despite their NS they are still in a terrible position. NSO is a joke of a failed personality cult who's entire existence can be summarized with the Six Million Dollar war.

Neither one disbanded true, but if that was the only measure of success GATO and GPA would rule the world.
[/quote]
And how good do you think your position would have been had you not gone scurrying into your holes and disbanded? You would have been devastated in the war, and put under terms, one of which would have been a sphere change. You would have been ostracized by the Initiative and it's allies, eventually co-opted by one of the UJW sides and then discarded once the war was over, like many others. Post-war you would have been another GATO or MK, something to be isolated, prodded, and if the chance arose, rolled. Instead you took the easy way out and preserved your nations, and bought your re-existence with offers of help against the UJP. You tied yourself into the power structure, only to deftly switch sides when you saw the writing on the wall, first with Polaris and then with Pacifica. Your history is a pitiful one, playing the role of snake in the grass, and disbanding at the first sign of adversity. The only reason you are in the position you are in today is because you disbanded, and then cried about it incessantly so people would feel sorry for you. Behold the glory of Viridia.

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1295474388' post='2584291']
Explain to me then, because all you are saying is "Strawman! Strawman!" when I have no idea what you are referring to. The Orders are all coming in here saying "Oh you are so big and strong attacking Polar with your tiny alliance on the winning side :rolleyes: " That is all I see you guys doing, so how does USMC123's statement not match the truth?
[/quote]
Because you are misrepresenting our argument by putting up a shoddy representation of it and then arguing against that. You know, the definition of a strawman. USMC said "ITT Misfit Nations are a bunch of incompetent cowards because they are on the winning side." That's not what we have been saying at all. As I remember, the only comments about their competence were made in relation to Callebaut's claim that they were on the outnumbered side. So no, we're not calling them incompetent for being on the winning side. A lot of the rest of the comments were mocking VE for bringing their protectorate in to a fight where they already outnumber the opposition, or mocking Misfits for their 7 wars declared. So it's pretty easy to see that USMC's statement was far removed from the truth.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295484135' post='2584562']

Because you are misrepresenting our argument by putting up a shoddy representation of it and then arguing against that. You know, the definition of a strawman. USMC said "ITT Misfit Nations are a bunch of incompetent cowards because they are on the winning side." That's not what we have been saying at all. As I remember, the only comments about their competence were made in relation to Callebaut's claim that they were on the outnumbered side. So no, we're not calling them incompetent for being on the winning side. A lot of the rest of the comments were mocking VE for bringing their protectorate in to a fight where they already outnumber the opposition, or [b]mocking Misfits for their 7 wars declared[/b]. So it's pretty easy to see that USMC's statement was far removed from the truth.
[/quote]

Umm... what? :blink:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295483739' post='2584545']
Wall of text? You've yet to see me at work. You've clearly never been a deep study of English composition, as paragraphs are supposed to be evidence that builds up to a single conclusion, which is, well, what you just described. So, thank you for the complement, I guess. :)

That said, if you don't want to read what I say, stop; I'd be more than happy to not have to deal with you any longer.
[/quote]

You're welcome. ;)

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295473268' post='2584273']
Well, lets look at a track record of the three major alliances involved in that.

GGA died a pathetic shell of an alliance ridiculed by all.

GOONS got rolled not long after we did and died.

NPO we got to give it to personally in Karma.

VE meanwhile reformed, and became stronger than ever.

Pretty good turn around for an alliance that had been targeted by the undisputed world power at the time.

How has the alliance your in made out for it self lately? You are wearing NPO's badge, but an NSO AA ticker, so lets cover both. NPO is political poison that nobody but their most die hard fans want to touch, so despite their NS they are still in a terrible position. NSO is a joke of a failed personality cult who's entire existence can be summarized with the Six Million Dollar war.

Neither one disbanded true, but if that was the only measure of success GATO and GPA would rule the world.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]WorldConquerer answered this nicely, but you seem to be misrepresenting things. GGA lasted for years after you reformed. Granted, they were on a slow decline, but they lasted. You had nothing to do with their demise. NPO made you their dog for years, and you were happy to do it. When Karma came about it had nothing to do with VE. Sure, you fought NPO, but you weren't the brains of the operation. Just a dog for someone else. As for being stronger than anyone else, it happens when you consistently switch sides to avoid a losing war. It is also a mark of cowards and the untrustworthy.

So, what we have here is you sitting back, waiting for others to take out your enemies, and then claim victory. It's a pretty pathetic victory if you ask me. Seems the only goal you fellows have is survival.

As for NPO not being touched by anyone but their most dedicated fans? I fought the NPO long before, and back when it looked like victory was certain. To this day I'm by no means a fan. But I like them a lot more than I like you, I'll admit. They are at least what they say they are, and they're still a lot more likable than you are these days. I'm by no means the only one who feels that way.[/color]

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295484850' post='2584587']
You missed what I was getting at entirely.
[/quote]
Sorry, am I supposed to think that 7/75 is a good stat? Or are you saying that their war count is so low because they can't find slots? Well, here we are back at that original question. Why did VE feel the need to call them in when Polar is already so outnumbered they can't even find slots?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295485098' post='2584593']
Sorry, am I supposed to think that 7/75 is a good stat? Or are you saying that their war count is so low because they can't find slots? Well, here we are back at that original question. Why did VE feel the need to call them in when Polar is already so outnumbered they can't even find slots?
[/quote]

Ok, I'll explain what I was getting at. You were trying to say I was far from the truth because I said people were calling Misfit incompetent and you were arguing they weren't when you said the part I highlighted.

I never mentioned anything about VE, but on that subject, this whole idea that VE called in Misfit Nations is wrong. Misfit entered on their own accord.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295485335' post='2584599']
Ok, I'll explain what I was getting at. You were trying to say I was far from the truth because I said people were calling Misfit incompetent and you were arguing they weren't when you said the part I highlighted.

I never mentioned anything about VE, but on that subject, this whole idea that VE called in Misfit Nations is wrong. Misfit entered on their own accord.
[/quote]
Heh, well that would be a good point if you hadn't said earlier that we were calling them incompetent for being on the winning side. What side they are on doesn't factor into the comments about the number of wars, poor performance is poor no matter where you stand.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295486051' post='2584616']
Heh, well that would be a good point if you hadn't said earlier that we were calling them incompetent for being on the winning side. What side they are on doesn't factor into the comments about the number of wars, poor performance is poor no matter where you stand.
[/quote]

Alright, I didn't mean to construe that people were calling Misfit incompetent because they were on the winning side, only that they were calling MN incompetent.

My statement was intended to be interpreted more as "People are saying Misfit Nations is incompetent and are also cowards because they wouldn't join if VE was on the losing side in this thread."