A Final Announcement from Knight Anarch of the Mushroom Kingdom

Metallica5000

He's masked as a Knight at the moment. (Or 'she', if you believe MK's profiles.) And those whole boards seem to be based on CN, there's no diplo boards, applications etc for other communities on there ...

However it's good to see some officials finally officially dissociating themselves from Anarch's actions.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295214215' post='2577691']
Took you long enough to bring that up. Gosh.

What I am quite curious about, though, is how you know whether he's masked or not. Actual member privileges and access granted as a member of the Mushroom Kingdom alliance on Planet Bob (OOC: As opposed to the other communities we support) is granted via an invisible submask.

So, short of having admin access on the Kingdom forums, I'd love to know how you know whether that mask was revoked or not. :)
[/quote]

Are we contesting the claim that he was a member at the start of this affair? (Which is what matters). I am pretty sure it is evident that he was.

As to his continuing masking at this point of time, that is a different, though not unrelated issue. (Specifically: creating a negative perception rather than extra responsibility) If you officially make a claim that his current mask, whilst publicly listing him amongst the ranks of MK, does not actually equate into access, then I would take your word for it. I should note that in the similar situation I am referencing, you refused to take NSO's "word for it", but then I guess that I am just a very nice guy.

I would suggest that you might want to completely remove the mask though. After all, judging by the number of masked individuals, you do not make a habit of having past members retain a mask that publicly marks them as members. Much less if they are enemies.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1295214538' post='2577700']
And that's exactly what they want you guys to do. The baiting that is currently going on has one single purpose: lead NPO to declare war on MK so that her allies can pile on NPO and friends and turn Pacifica into a techfarm for another year.
I've rarely seen such despictable actions.
[/quote]

I think you'll find that we hardly wish to see anyone else become a tech farm given how long downtime between wars has become.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295213141' post='2577656']
Voytek certainly [i]has[/i] messed up a stagger. That's a simple fact. You are claiming that he did it without noticing, but considering MK has a fairly renowned military, Voytek is a long time member, this was a high profile case and Voytek posted a [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97161&st=80&p=2577038&#entry2577038]lol 'oops'[/url] post which indicated he knew about breaking the stagger, I don't believe that.

If you kick Anarch, demask him and Voytek actually attacks – he'll have plenty of time in a couple of days to call in that 'Voytek should do the nuking' – then you can play the 'we're not supporting him' card. Right now though there is strong MK support for him in this thread, including MK's top government refusing to answer a straight question on it.
[/quote]
He hasn't messed up a stagger. He may peace out.

Anarch has been demasked from the CN portions of our forum. A Knight of the Mushroom Kingdom means more than just a ruler of a Bobian nation

OOC: We play other games and have other activities.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295213156' post='2577657']
See, if you would officially acknowledge this along with offering the apology and reps which, by the very standards you yourselves use, you are responsible for, then this whole argument wouldn't exist, and our relationship might even have a chance of becoming a tiny bit more cordial.

But instead you've taken almost every action possible short of openly giving him aid to provoke us.[/quote]
All diplomatic communication between the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Pacific Order is taking place in our embassy on your forums.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1295214489' post='2577698']
He's an enemy of the Mushroom Kingdom

[snip of extra quote]

I know. I expected different from the [i]best diplomatic alliance 2010 ©[/i]
[/quote]

I suspect your alliance blowing the stagger on this "enemy of the Mushroom Kingdom" is the reason Umbrella took Best Military over you?

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1295215095' post='2577716']
I suspect your alliance blowing the stagger on this "enemy of the Mushroom Kingdom" is the reason Umbrella took Best Military over you?
[/quote]
We did not lose Best Military. Umbrella earned it.

[/quote]
Didn't the 2010 CN awards happen before this event? But Umbrella has an incredible military and earned that award.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295214520' post='2577699']
I see nothing satirical in sir paul's writings. If he was just kidding, perhaps he should come forth and admit it rather than misleading the good shrooms of MK. I, for one, will be heart broken if that is the case.

I await the day.
[/quote]

I found Sir Paul's assertions to be provocations of a humorous nature, nothing more. A way to get under your skin without actually having to actually engage in real warfare.

Were those provocations directed towards me, however, I suppose I would take a dimmer view of them.

/me shrugs

Ah, so when verbal jousting turns to shoving, at what point should the first punch be thrown? Depending on what side one views the current tensions between the alliances and their faux pretenders, any attempt to 'one-up' the other could be seen as falling for the other's ploy. War for NPO would be a disaster, on the other hand, agressing against them could be a PR nightmare for MK. I have to wonder- is this a natural escalation between rivals without thought towards an endgame, just playing it by ear in response to the other- or... just who is baiting who...?

*edit: words are hard

Edited by Kzoppistan

[/quote]

Umbrella got more votes than us because they deserved it :mellow:

As for blowing the stagger. Voytek is just a very eager member of the Kingdom, that wants to exterminate all our enemies. Who can blame him for being eager?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295215027' post='2577713']
All diplomatic communication between the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Pacific Order is taking place in our embassy on your forums.
[/quote]

Since this is the third time I saw this referenced, I must ask: Why is that you prefer conducting all communications on our forums rather than in our own embassy in your castle hall?

Edited by Letum

I just wanted to point out you lied:

[quote]Make no mistake: this will not be a violent invasion or reckless takeover, but a peaceful transition demanded by the people to remove the illegitimate princes and their enabling father from power. [/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=29862&Extended=1

How can I trust you didn't lie about being the real Emperor of Pacifica?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295215027' post='2577713']
Anarch has been demasked from the CN portions of our forum. A Knight of the Mushroom Kingdom means more than just a ruler of a Bobian nation

OOC: We play other games and have other activities.
[/quote]

It's ok, Banksy. They're used to destroying communities, and I'm sure old habits die hard. We can't expect them to understand something like this. Clearly, there has been great difficulty in grasping it thus far.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295215466' post='2577724']
Since this is the third time I saw this referenced, I must ask: Why is that you prefer conducting all communications on our forums rather than in our own embassy in your castle hall?
[/quote]
We're obliging fellows who have agreed to come to you to save you all the hassle. We're very considerate.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295215631' post='2577729']
It's ok, Banksy. They're used to destroying communities, and I'm sure old habits die hard. We can't expect them to understand something like this. Clearly, there has been great difficulty in grasping it thus far.
[/quote]
Oh dear god. That is one of the worst attempts at a sick burn I've ever seen.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1295215304' post='2577719']
I found Sir Paul's assertions to be provocations of a humorous nature, nothing more. A way to get under your skin without actually having to actually engage in real warfare.

Where those provocations directed towards me, however, I suppose I would take a dimmer view of them.

/me shrugs

Ah, so when verbal jousting turns to shoving, at what point should the first punch be thrown? Depending on what side one views the current tensions between the alliances and their faux pretenders, any attempt to 'one-up' the other could be seen as failing for the other's ploy. War for NPO would be a disaster, on the other hand, agressing against them could be a PR nightmare for MK. I have to wonder- is this a natural escalation between rivals without thought towards an endgame, just playing it by ear in response to the other- or... just who is baiting who...?
[/quote]

Sir Paul's assertions are no joke to us and we cannot control Anarch's actions, just support the man we believe to be the true leader of the NPO. I do agree with you in one respect, you are right to assert tha we are dealing with [b]faux pretenders[/b]

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295209220' post='2577519']
Current policy of the Kingdom dictates that any official communication between the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Pacific Order shall be handled via the Kingdom's embassy on NPO soil.
[/quote]
[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1295212014' post='2577624']
That's exactly what we've told NPO... The problem is, they won't give it to us

:colbert:
[/quote]

I think they want their embassy back :P

Edited by BlkAK47_002

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295215631' post='2577729']
[/quote]

I'm just happy that they are not in this position any longer, and never will be.

I am saddened however, by Bob Janova and others that have had their community destroyed by NPO, and still can't bring themselves to understand what they are doing here.

Never again NPO, never again

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295213930' post='2577681']
Unfortunately, several of the nation rulers frequenting this area are below the age of majority, and therefore mentioning the nature of acts I intend to do would be unfit for their ears, and therefore surely lead to divine retribution.

But if you want a preview, you can come by my office. It is soundproofed.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295214215' post='2577691']
Took you long enough to bring that up. Gosh.

What I am quite curious about, though, is how you know whether he's masked or not. Actual member privileges and access granted as a member of the Mushroom Kingdom alliance on Planet Bob (OOC: As opposed to the other communities we support) is granted via an invisible submask.

So, short of having admin access on the Kingdom forums, I'd love to know how you know whether that mask was revoked or not. :)
[/quote]
So then, it would be safe to infer that, even should he not wear a public mask at all, his posting permissions can by augmented by a secondary mask? That he could retain those privileges, the same afforded to any knight of the kingdom?
I know the answers to those questions, mind you, so don't bother with little ol' me, just making a point here. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295215882' post='2577737']
Sir Paul's assertions are no joke to us and we cannot control Anarch's actions, just support the man we believe to be the true leader of the NPO. I do agree with you in one respect, you are right to assert tha we are dealing with [b]faux pretenders[/b]
[/quote]

Well then godspeed in your quest to ensure that the proper princes reign from their respective thrones.

(OOC: I would totally !@#$ my pants if this culminated in a shotgun treaty signing :lol1: )

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295216187' post='2577741']
So then, it would be safe to infer that, even should he not wear a public mask at all, his posting permissions can by augmented by a secondary mask? That he could retain those privileges, the same afforded to any knight of the kingdom?
I know the answers to those questions, mind you, so don't bother with little ol' me, just making a point here. You're shooting yourself in the foot.
[/quote]
I wasn't aware you were an admin on our boards, or even a member. Yes, he could be given permission by way of a secondary mask [ooc] but why we should demask people as a knight of the Kingdom when CN is increasingly becoming more of a second or third tier activity of importance for the active members of out community [/OOC] is rather puzzling.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295216488' post='2577746']
I wasn't aware you were an admin on our boards, or even a member. Yes, he could be given permission by way of a secondary mask [ooc] but why we should demask people as a knight of the Kingdom when CN is increasingly becoming more of a second or third tier activity of importance for the active members of out community [/OOC] is rather puzzling.
[/quote]
I don't need to be an admin on your boards to have an understanding of how secondary/modular masking works. My point was that his post, rather than defeating a point, raised another even more valid one in that you could very well be lying your pants off and the rest of the world wouldn't be able to tell. Not that it would give you any particular benefit than your own amusement, but that's the only real benefit this topic has garnered for you anyways.

I find it amusing how, the moment I try and be a nice guy and say "I will take your word for it" with regards to membership, even though such nicety is not one MK has historically seen fit to deliver upon its opponents, MK decides to twist our genuine enquiries (which went unanswered for several pages) to some overarching desire to destroy communities.

The only thing such baseless accusations can accomplish would be to try and play the "we're not as bad as NPO" card. Given the vehement denials of such a card a few pages ago, that is funny.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295217074' post='2577755']
I don't need to be an admin on your boards to have an understanding of how secondary/modular masking works. My point was that his post, rather than defeating a point, raised another even more valid one in that you could very well be lying your pants off and the rest of the world wouldn't be able to tell. Not that it would give you any particular benefit than your own amusement, but that's the only real benefit this topic has garnered for you anyways.
[/quote]
Yes, just as we could demask him on his primary and remask him on a secondary mask. You can accuse us of lying all you want, but it doesn't really seem to achieve anything.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295217289' post='2577760']
Yes, just as we could demask him on his primary and remask him on a secondary mask. You can accuse us of lying all you want, but it doesn't really seem to achieve anything.
[/quote]
I'm not accusing you of anything, merely saying that you've opened yourself up to such accusations.