A Joint Athens-Mushroom Kingdom Announcement

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1294632868' post='2570719']
In the past several months, your alliance dumped its treaties and then re-signed most of them. I guess that can be called "shaking things up." I do not.

Valhalla is a bit over 100 souls with about 4 million in NS. We make very loyal allies, enemies you'd rather not have, and try to avoid suicide charges.

That doesn't put us in the same position as you. MK is in a position to push the action on Planet Bob, but instead it does not. If anything, you seek ways to prevent others from doing so, whether it is through a continuation of the convoluted treaty web or reparations that keep key alliances on the sideline.

Plainly spoken, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. You are not alone.
[/quote]

So basically you don't like the way that MK does stuff and your solution is to complain about it? It seems like that's been your game plan for a while, how's it going for you?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past several months, your alliance dumped its treaties and then re-signed most of them. I guess that can be called "shaking things up." I do not.

Valhalla is a bit over 100 souls with about 4 million in NS. We make very loyal allies, enemies you'd rather not have, and try to avoid suicide charges.

That doesn't put us in the same position as you. MK is in a position to push the action on Planet Bob, but instead it does not. If anything, you seek ways to prevent others from doing so, whether it is through a continuation of the convoluted treaty web or reparations that keep key alliances on the sideline.

Plainly spoken, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. You are not alone.
[/quote]
We resigned 6 treaties. We have not resigned with RoK, GOD, NpO, STA, NV, GR, Genesis or Ronin [not to mention the ones we cancelled just before the main cancellation]. This is not 'most of them.'

Edited by Banksy

[/quote]

Around the time of NoCB war Mk was a mid-sized alliance of 150 members and about 5mil NS who were loyal allies, enemies you'd rather not have, but ran head long into suicide charges because it was the right thing to do. All while being black-listed by the powers at the time and yet look where they are. I'd have to say this argument of yours means nothing and if you want something done get your AA to deal with your perceived issues.

[/quote]

Your argument is flawed Hal, pre-treaty dump you had MK tied to four distinct power clusters, SF, C&G, Blue Krew (NpO and Co.), and what eventually became PB. You could have made this argument then that they're strangling everything, which they were to extent. Now they've very clearly aligned themselves with PB/C&G and cut SF/Blue ties. Thankfully the next war isn't going to be another Ex-Heg beatdown, the political landscape has been reformed, in no small part to MK's doing. You have people from different "Karma" power clusters at each others throats day in and day out on the OWF with political posturing and threats galore, action is coming

[/quote]
We've resigned less than half of them, actually. And aside from upgrading with a protectorate, the only new one we signed was controversial and ruffled feathers.

Edited by Azaghul

That doesn't put us in the same position as you. [b]MK is in a position to push the action on Planet Bob, but instead it does not.[/b] If anything, you seek ways to prevent others from doing so, whether it is through a continuation of the convoluted treaty web or reparations that keep key alliances on the sideline.

[/quote]
I take the bolded as an uninformed slight against my character.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1294639065' post='2570821']
Your argument is flawed Hal, pre-treaty dump you had MK tied to four distinct power clusters, SF, C&G, Blue Krew (NpO and Co.), and what eventually became PB. You could have made this argument then that they're strangling everything, which they were to extent. Now they've very clearly aligned themselves with PB/C&G and cut SF/Blue ties. Thankfully the next war isn't going to be another Ex-Heg beatdown, the political landscape has been reformed, in no small part to MK's doing. You have people from different "Karma" power clusters at each others throats day in and day out on the OWF with political posturing and threats galore, action is coming
[/quote]

With all due respect, I'm just not seeing it. Sure, the ties between SF and C&G are less prominent, but they have in no way been cut. What became PB was already in the MK orbit prior to the treaty dump and that has continued and been formalized. As for the "Neo-BLEU" bloc, that is pretty much a wildcard and was prior to the treaty dump--as I say, NpO looks out for NpO and there simply isn't the level of animosity you seem to be implying between Neo_BLEU and MK's faction that would cause them to be at odds.

You are correct in saying the "Ex-heg" bloc is dead, but if it ever rose to a level above a Karma boogeyman, it was dying before the Bi-Polar War and that conflict finished it forever.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1294643203' post='2570895']
I take the bolded as an uninformed slight against my character.
[/quote]

Perhaps you should take it instead as a sign that a fair number of people are sitting around drumming their fingers, mumbling "well, get on with it!" You do have something planned I hope other than waiting for another opportunity to attack Pacifica again or picking off a mid-tier alliance on a trumped up CB I hope. <_<

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1294689629' post='2571246']
Two terrible alliances signing a treaty. Good, they will both die instead of just one.
[/quote]
Whoa there tiger. You do realize you and MK, and you and Athens, share allies right? And that some of those mutual allies happen to be in your bloc? Your belligerence seems misplaced.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1294690034' post='2571257']
Whoa there tiger. You do realize you and MK, and you and Athens, share allies right? And that some of those mutual allies happen to be in your bloc? Your belligerence seems misplaced.
[/quote]
I have had these views for a long time. Sharing allies has not, and will not change them.

Good day WC.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1294691374' post='2571274']
I have had these views for a long time. Sharing allies has not, and will not change them.

Good day WC.
[/quote]
Then perhaps you chose the wrong alliance to join after AcTi? I know, ally of an ally and all that, but really, spouting off about looking forward to the deaths of 2 alliances, both of whom are significant, direct allies of fellow members of your bloc, in public no less, just makes you look ridiculous.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1294691928' post='2571284']
Then perhaps you chose the wrong alliance to join after AcTi? I know, ally of an ally and all that, but really, spouting off about looking forward to the deaths of 2 alliances, both of whom are significant, direct allies of fellow members of your bloc, in public no less, just makes you look ridiculous.
[/quote]
I have been a member of VE, on and off, since I started. I have heard and seen death threats daily against several alliances when I was a member of each and when I was not, including VE. Most of which have come from the most vocal members of those two alliances. If you have a problem with me hating on them, go sit with the others that do. Maybe write a petition while you're at it, "Teddyyo stop pissing on MK and Athens it might hurt their feelings!" if it makes you feel better.

Tedd.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1294689629' post='2571246']
Two terrible alliances signing a treaty. Good, they will both die instead of just one.
[/quote]
Aww isnt he cute? Its ok The Carlos Accords welcomes all to our mediation centers :)

also meh treaties, lets cancel them all and go rogue

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294693339' post='2571304']
Aww isnt he cute? Its ok The Carlos Accords welcomes all to our mediation centers :)

also meh treaties, lets cancel them all and go rogue
[/quote]
Exhibit A as to why I don't like Athens.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1294693224' post='2571300']
I have been a member of VE, on and off, since I started. I have heard and seen death threats daily against several alliances when I was a member of each and when I was not, including VE. Most of which have come from the most vocal members of those two alliances. If you have a problem with me hating on them, go sit with the others that do. Maybe write a petition while you're at it, "Teddyyo stop pissing on MK and Athens it might hurt their feelings!" if it makes you feel better.

Tedd.
[/quote]
Hey man, if you want to continue making an idiot of yourself, go right ahead. :) Because, y'know, my point was totally that you might hurt their feelings.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1294693617' post='2571309']
Hey man, if you want to continue making an idiot of yourself, go right ahead. :) Because, y'know, my point was totally that you might hurt their feelings.
[/quote]
Your point was full of ignorance and false assumptions, too, so it might as well have been.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1294693797' post='2571317']
Your point was full of ignorance and false assumptions, too, so it might as well have been.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that this: 'Spouting off about looking forward to the deaths of 2 alliances, both of whom are significant, direct allies of fellow members of your bloc, in public no less, just makes you look ridiculous.' is an assumption that holds true throughout the cyberverse. But then, you are the guy that thinks Batallion is a great leader, so perhaps I'm asking too much of you to understand that.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1294693224' post='2571300']

Tedd.
[/quote]
No offence man but you seem a little... broken.