CN Award Nominations

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1294117972' post='2562741']
No, I prefer the numbers that since March of 2010, the NPO has delivered from the Tech Corps over 200,000 Units of technology not even including what was sent over the holidays. The 200k is 25% of the total tech Umbrella has and its was delivered in 9 months.

I think those numbers speak louder than slot utilization any day of the week ;)
[/quote]
Slot utilization > total tech.

Edited by President Obama

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I prefer the numbers that since March of 2010, the NPO has delivered from the Tech Corps over 200,000 Units of technology not even including what was sent over the holidays. The 200k is 25% of the total tech Umbrella has and its was delivered in 9 months.

[/quote]
No they don't, at all.

Not to mention Umbrella probably imported ('delivered' if you want to compare) at least 200k tech this year. 25% of their total tech would be 200k like you said. Assuming their average nation is 4 years old (meaning this past year is 25% of their average nation's lifetime [which is also ridiculously overestimating their age]) that would mean they imported 200k tech this year. This also doesn't take into account the fact that this year was probably more productive for tech importing than their previous 3 years (again assuming each of their nations is 4 years old), and that they've lost tech from war over their lifetime. One thing you could detract is the addition of new nations to their alliance but I imagine that would be dwarfed by the previous assumptions that they are 4 years old on average, and not accounting for the tech they've lost in war.

tl;dr - Umbrella has delivered more tech than NPO this year, not just per nation but in total.

edit: Just checked UE's stats, they've increased 112k tech since Oct 25, 2010.

Edited by Drai

[b]Alliance Awards[/b]
Alliance of The Year – NpO
Most Powerful Alliance – MK
Best Military - Umbrella
Best Rookie Alliance – Brotherhood of Steel
Most Powerful Bloc - PB
Most Active Alliance - MK
Most Honorable Alliance - IRON
Best Diplomatic Team – TOP
Best Economic System – Umbrella
Best Propaganda Staff – Rebel Virginia
Scariest Alliance – Umbrella
Best Alliance Growth – GOONS
Best Forums – MK

[b]Player Awards[/b]
Player of the Year - Grub
Most Powerful Player – Archon
Best Alliance Leader – Sardonic
Most Controversial Player – Crymson
Funniest Player - Detlev
Most Active Player – Roquentin
Player Most Likely To Achieve Greatness in 2011 – Jenko

[b]Community[/b]
Best DoW - TOP's preemptive strike on CnG
Best CN Meme – None of them
Biggest Controversy – NpO in Bi-Polar.
Funniest Event - Grinchgate.
Most Entertaining IRC channel - #mushroom.
Best Treaty Announcement – TOP-MK treaty.
Best Player Quote- The one from the WAE competition about Invicta and NPO.

Edited by President Obama

I see the MK fanboys are out in numbers.

I'll only give one nom. :
Best Rookie Alliance: AcTi

I posted in the thread dedicated to the topic a list of points on why AcTi was the best rookie. Hate if you want, but at least look at it.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294090824' post='2562262']
That was very mean, but hillarious. I'd consider putting it up as "Something about Invicta on the MK forums" but I don't even think that would be kosher.
[/quote]

Well, everyone else seems to be asking for it, you should do it!

[/quote]

On March 1st, Umbrella had 339k tech. Today we're at 801k tech. That's a difference of 426k tech. Yeah, some of them came from new members, but when you're talking about an alliance with less than 100 members versus an alliance with over 500 members, the fact that you're trying to argue how 500 members could move 200k tech and is better than a much smaller alliance (in terms of membership) who moved much much more than that in the same time period is absolutely hilarious. And in case you didn't look, Umbrella still has more tech than NPO.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[/quote]

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1294128381' post='2562900']
On March 1st, Umbrella had 339k tech. Today we're at 801k tech. That's a difference of 426k tech. Yeah, some of them came from new members, but when you're talking about an alliance with less than 100 members versus an alliance with over 500 members, the fact that you're trying to argue how 500 members could move 200k tech and is better than a much smaller alliance (in terms of membership) who moved much much more than that in the same time period is absolutely hilarious. And in case you didn't look, Umbrella still has more tech than NPO.
[/quote]

Pure entertainment. Very interesting to see a top member of the NPO econ team unable to comprehend the tech importation logistics.

If your slot usage is 25% and Umbrella is closer to 90%, that would mean that Umbrella would have been able to import 3x your 200k (600k; then pro-rated for your 5x size advantage = 120,000) in the same timeframe. Too bad we imported closer to 426k tech (likely closer to 360,000 taking into account new members)... which is... oh wait... exactly x3 what you imported pro-rated (120,000 x 3 = 360,000).

Umbrellas tech represents 50% of their NS. NPO is 22%. Even Sparta beats you there... same with average tech/nation.

I think its important to remember that total alliance tech means absolutely nothing when it comes to individual battles.

Edited by medicjoe95

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1294058908' post='2561862']
Is that a problem for you? Grämlins were a fantastic alliance back then, regardless of what happened to them in 2010.
[/quote]
They were a good alliance, yes. They were not however the Alliance of the Year.

That would probably be the New Polar Order back then too. Everything anyone did had something to do with Electron Sponge and his machinations.

[/quote]
200K over a 9 month (270 day) period is about 7500 tech per cycle.

I just counted through MK's slots and we have about 12500 in tech growth over the last 10 day period.

[quote name='Lizzardtheone' timestamp='1294097357' post='2562385']
You sure about that?

I'm well aware of what has happened in the past, why else would I nominate the STA for most immoral alliance?
[/quote]

Let's see. A member of MK says he hates you for a reason (legitimate or not). A High Lord of MK says you're not on a hit list. I'll let you judge but I'll give you a hint: "we hate you" =/= "we want to roll you".

I suggest the following for Best Player Quote for reasons of originality and humour. Also trains.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96583&view=findpost&p=2562570
[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1294109885' post='2562570']
This is like watching two fully loaded freight trains, heavy with idiocy, crashing into one another.
[/quote]

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1293975479' post='2560798']

Community
Best DoW: NEW
Best Wall of Text: Schattenman
Best OWF topic: Schattenman

This nomination was brought to you by myself and is completely self-serving.
[/quote]

You need to nominate actual posts. What did Schatt post? Who did NEW dow on?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294171440' post='2563321']
You need to nominate actual posts. What did Schatt post? Who did NEW dow on?
[/quote]

Hrmm.. drop those nominations then. I'm not particularly motivated to go digging for them, but with Schatt it's TWiP/CNLeaks. For new it's the NEW-DF conflict initialization thread.. the DOW which didn't mean to be a serious DOW, but ended up starting the last semi-major war is what I had been referring to.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1294008606' post='2561163']
Player of the Year: RushSykes
Most Powerful Player: RushSykes
Most Controversial Player: Green_muffins
Best Player Sig: RushSykes
Best Player Avatar: RushSykes
Nicest Player:The white knight that is RushSykes
Funniest: RushSykes
Most Active Player:RushSykes
Most Likely To Achieve Greatness in 2011:RushSykes

What can I say, I love his white knight antics <3
[/quote]

Do you want me to add these?

[quote name='ShinRa' timestamp='1294171386' post='2563318']
I suggest the following for Best Player Quote for reasons of originality and humour. Also trains.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96583&view=findpost&p=2562570
[/quote]

Check the date of that quote :P