Veuras

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1293501413' post='2555719']
Becoming a moralist has brought you to this level? Shame
[/quote]

A lot higher level than one who posts delegate logs on (that site where logs gets posted and is censored for some reason) and tries to posture on these forums about being "tough"

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293495538' post='2555640']
I've already messaged the nation and informed him of the protection and time limit on it, as well as his options available to him.
[/quote]
Stop throwing VE's power around, if they weren't protecting you you'd have been rolled five times over. You come off as really lame and there just to kill fun.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1293502487' post='2555732']
Stop throwing VE's power around, if they weren't protecting you you'd have been rolled five times over. You come off as really lame and there just to kill fun.
[/quote]

My intentions were clear when I made the alliance. If people want fun they can find someone else who wants to fight and attack that person instead of just triple teaming an unprotected nation like bullies.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1293502985' post='2555738']
Might I ask why?
[/quote]

Because my alliance stands to do what it can against tech raiding and protecting unaligneds when we can. In this case we can, and we have informed him of what's going on. If after that period he still wants to remain unaligned then that's his choice and everyone can have their fun.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293503213' post='2555744']
Because my alliance stands to do what it can against tech raiding and protecting unaligneds when we can. In this case we can, and we have informed him of what's going on. If after that period he still wants to remain unaligned then that's his choice and everyone can have their fun.
[/quote]

What exactly do you hope to achieve by protecting unaligned nations?(Apart from a sense of moral superiority of course)

I assume you looked into why he's been made a public raid target before jumping in with a notice of protection?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

What if someone raids them without seeing this thread? Not everyone checks the OWF on a regular basis and this thread isn't even labeled properly for them to search. Nations also would assume that a one man alliance is not protected. Will the raider be jumped on, or just made to pay reps?

Are we coming to the point where we'll have to comb trough the forums just to do a raid? Sounds like too much bureaucratic bs

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1293503447' post='2555745']
What exactly do you hope to achieve by protecting unaligned nations?(Apart from a sense of moral superiority of course)

I assume you looked into why he's been made a public raid target before jumping in with a notice of protection?
[/quote]

I really don't care about a sense of moral superiority, I've played this game as a raider before too. Right now I just want to help the people who are just trying to play the game their own way. I wouldn't say there's a goal to achieve this way except perhaps help us stop bleeding members like we have these last couple of years, but of course there are other factors that relate to that so we can't blame it on raiding.

I just personally think if some people here want to fight so badly, they should find someone else who's willing and not pick on some innocent bystander.

And no, but if there's a valid reason for someone to attack him then I'm more than willing to listen and if it's a good reason I'm willing to rescind the protection.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1293503447' post='2555745']

[/quote]

Who made him a "public raid target"? Are there even nations that are "public raid targets"?

To answer your first question, protecting unaligned nations allows them to develop their nations in peace and gives them a chance to contribute to our planet without being forced out by raiders or without having to join an alliance.

[quote name='camerontech' timestamp='1293503695' post='2555751']
What if someone raids them without seeing this thread? Not everyone checks the OWF on a regular basis and this thread isn't even labeled properly for them to search. Nations also would assume that a one man alliance is not protected. Will the raider be jumped on, or just made to pay reps?

Are we coming to the point where we'll have to comb trough the forums just to do a raid? Sounds like too much bureaucratic bs
[/quote]

It will be handled just as any raid would be. They would be asked to send reps and if not then we would proceed accordingly.

He appears unaligned by choice. He's sending out tons of aid, and he's a pretty big boy to have 13 days seniority in his one person alliance. This isn't some new nation needing protection because the ruler doesn't understand life on Planet Bob. He's been around for 1063 days. He needs protection why, again?