Joint Poison Clan - iFOK Announcement

Derwood1

I have to admit, knowing the PC folks from their old TPF days, and knowing NEW having fought beside them many times, I never expected to see PC sit it out while NEW gets attacked like this. Maybe PC really has changed a lot since the days when twisted and company ran things. Anyone who knows NEW knows they'd be there to back their allies up, regardless of circumstance or cost. But, not everyone rolls like that. Very few in fact.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1292899100' post='2547390']
Actually, the 'nice speculation' was in that other thread wherein a number of people said that iFOK and PC would [i]never[/i] leave an ally twisting in the wind.

Hilarious.
[/quote]
I still don't see how "Agreeing to your ally's wishes and not interfering in a fight" equates to "leaving them twisting in the wind." Maybe I take things too literally?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292885912' post='2547119']
You are getting confused about the distinctions between alliance warfare and nation warfare. NEW launched a raid sanctioned by its government on a protected AA, which is offensive. In defence of this AA, DF's protectors launched a defensive war.
[/quote]
Actually the Alliance portion of Alliance Affliation was no more, it was a tech raid on a group of nations on a defunct AA, the AA was no longer protected, protection for those who hadn't moved on yet was offered in the disbandment thread. Further, the whole argument that the treaties that had existed while Dark Fist existed were still in effect is just silly, you can't have a legal document with something that doesn't exist.
It was nice of their former allies to offer protection to those who hadn't move on yet but that offer had nothing to do with the former treaties.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1292899930' post='2547411']
I still don't see how "Agreeing to your ally's wishes and not interfering in a fight" equates to "leaving them twisting in the wind." Maybe I take things too literally?
[/quote]
I believe the whole argument they make hinges on the common belief that PC didn't roll due to being pressured by fellow bloc members.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1292900182' post='2547419']
I believe the whole argument they make hinges on the common belief that PC didn't roll due to being pressured by fellow bloc members.
[/quote]
With Impero worried so much about all the treaty conflicts, I'm sure you can understand why many think that PC and iFOK were pressured into staying out.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1292900553' post='2547428']
With Impero worried so much about all the treaty conflicts, I'm sure you can understand why many think that PC and iFOK were pressured into staying out.
[/quote]
Well they weren't, so that should be the end of that.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1292889876' post='2547201']
And this is coming from a guy in an alliance formed by war deserters. TotalFarkistan, tuck and run baby...tuck and run.

Still butthurt that PC attacked you, I see.
[/quote]

Wasn't there then, 3 some years ago+

Not butthurt, but glad you brought that up, demonstarates my point exactly. They jumped in guns blazing.... with numbers and quite a few other alliances on their side, Demonstrating their deisre to only fight when numbers are on their side.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1292900654' post='2547430']
I don't believe you ;)
[/quote]
Sorry but that's a personal problem that I can't help you with. Perhaps you should speak with a physician.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292900761' post='2547431']
In that case, I look forward to FOK's defense of International should that alliance come under attack.
[/quote]
Good for you. Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1292893370' post='2547285']
Ugh, can't we all just shut up and have a nice, term free, blood bath of a war? For old time's sake? Sheesh.
[/quote]

i agree with this fine gentleman,

you politician think too much, the treaty web, "the side", i say $%&@ that, just fight when you have to fight not when you're on the winning side.
and don't talk big game behind your castle walls, it's easy to be brave behind the castle walls..

To our allies at PC and iFOK as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry. Thank you for all the effort during the negotiation we appreciate that, now leave this to us, we'll burn those !@#$%^&* alive..

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1292901190' post='2547440']

[b]you politician think too much, the treaty web, "the side", i say $%&@ that, just fight when you have to fight not when you're on the winning side.
and don't talk big game behind your castle walls, it's easy to be brave behind the castle walls..[/b]To our allies at PC and iFOK as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry. Thank you for all the effort during the negotiation we appreciate that, now leave this to us, we'll burn those !@#$%^&* alive..
[/quote]
Quite possible the most awesome statement made in 2010!

[quote]PC and iFOK as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand,[/quote]
^^^ This sure doesn't match with the statements in the OP. WTF?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1292897501' post='2547360']
I have never stated that PC was innocent. In fact, I can think of at least 3 times where I have advocated for their destruction. NEW would only have been in if they would have been guaranteed that they would win. They have a habit of canceling treaties when the going gets tough.
[/quote]

This can't be farther from the truth. NEW has never been concerned about being on the winning side. They have come into wars in support of their allies no matter the circumstances numerous times. They are not in a habit of canceling treaties on whim either.

To our allies at PC and iFOK as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry. Thank you for all the effort during the negotiation we appreciate that, now leave this to us, we'll burn those !@#$%^&* alive..
[/quote]
This statement doesn't sound like NEW asked PC and iFOK to stay out. It sounds more like PC and iFOK told NEW they were on their own.

PC and iFOK taking advantage of a language barrier to write a favorable OP for themselves that NEW wouldn't understand?

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1292897889' post='2547366']
EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong.

A shame so many people who should know better are pushing for a war that would leave us all very vulnerable to outside forces.
[/quote]

all or just PB? see that is the real deal. who other than PB would it really leave vulnerable?

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1292900064' post='2547414']
Actually the Alliance portion of Alliance Affliation was no more, it was a tech raid on a group of nations on a defunct AA, the AA was no longer protected, protection for those who hadn't moved on yet was offered in the disbandment thread. Further, the whole argument that the treaties that had existed while Dark Fist existed were still in effect is just silly, you can't have a legal document with something that doesn't exist.
It was nice of their former allies to offer protection to those who hadn't move on yet but that offer had nothing to do with the former treaties.
[/quote]
I am guessing that the former treaties argument was used to bring Fark and if required NOIR into the fight, legally. Otherwise, i am quite confident that NEW is capable of handling INT and TPE on its own.

you politician think too much, the treaty web, "the side", i say $%&@ that, just fight when you have to fight not when you're on the winning side.
and don't talk big game behind your castle walls, it's easy to be brave behind the castle walls..

[/quote]
Much respect....takes a lot to stick to your stance even when the odds are stacked against you. But, on the other hand, you are taking a stance and fighting for the wrong reasons in my opinion.

@ PC & iFOK

Sorry if this has been brought up before.........What happens if NEW's other allies attack TPE/INT/FARK in defense of NEW ???

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1292901087' post='2547438']
Good for you. Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]
Such an action would certainly put to rest some of the rumours that are currently circulating that PC and iFOK made this announcement as a part of a backroom deal to keep other parts of Pandora's Box from fighting on Fark's side.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1292901896' post='2547463']

Much respect....takes a lot to stick to your stance even when the odds are stacked against you. But, on the other hand, you are taking a stance and fighting for the wrong reasons in my opinion.

@ PC & iFOK

Sorry if this has been brought up before.........What happens if NEW's other allies attack TPE/INT/FARK in defense of NEW ???
[/quote]

likewise, i respect your opinion too raasaa :)

and to your question, PC and iFOK has stated it clearly on their OP, that they would only defend NEW, not NEW allies, please cmiiw..

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1292901896' post='2547463']

@ PC & iFOK

[/quote]
I think this would be a question for TPE, INT, and FARK's allies to answer. PC and iFOK really have no say in that.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292899244' post='2547392']
Are you !@#$@#$ kidding me? NEW may be many things but they are [i]not[/i] a warm weather alliance. I seem to remember them joining in the last war when it was apparent due to Polaris' treachery that they would lose. They've also been on beat downs in the Karma War sticking their necks out for TPF.

Where the hell do you get your information from? That's no different than saying that I always pick the winning side. What a joke.
[/quote]

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1292901580' post='2547449']
This can't be farther from the truth. NEW has never been concerned about being on the winning side. They have come into wars in support of their allies no matter the circumstances numerous times. They are not in a habit of canceling treaties on whim either.
[/quote]

I could be mistaken. I swear there was a war that once it broke out, they canceled treaties to avoid something. Was it when they canceled on TPF? I dunno. I'm only a man. Never claimed to be perfect.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1292897889' post='2547366']A shame so many people who should know better are pushing for a war that would leave us all very vulnerable to outside forces.[/quote]
[b]Invict-O-Sphere[/b] would be a benevolent hegemony. The glorious [b]Invict-O-Sphere[/b] only wants what is best for all.

Do not fear the [b]Invict-O-Sphere[/b], rather, embrace it.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1292903245' post='2547495']
I could be mistaken. I swear there was a war that once it broke out, they canceled treaties to avoid something. Was it when they canceled on TPF? I dunno. I'm only a man. Never claimed to be perfect.
[/quote]
They cancelled on TPF AFTER the war, apparently cause NEW didn't agree with TPF's stance on the peace talks or something. Wasn't there for that

NEW cancelled on WAPA after WAPA left them out to dry

NEW cancelled on TOOL after they had a discussion and found they were going in different directions or something like that

Who else am I missing?

Edited by R3nowned

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1292904766' post='2547531']
They cancelled on TPF AFTER the war, apparently cause NEW didn't agree with TPF's stance on the peace talks or something. Wasn't there for that

NEW cancelled on WAPA after WAPA left them out to dry

NEW cancelled on TOOL after they had a discussion and found they were going in different directions or something like that

Who else am I missing?
[/quote]
I don't recall exactly but I do believe there was a war where NEW did not honor a treaty. Last year's Christmas war or Bipolar War? Would have to dig through the threads from around that time to find out....