Legio Frigidum

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292368667' post='2539778']Your talk of significance is very very subjective, because to me, both BAPS and Valhalla are far far more significant than either of these alliances, as I know they will have their allies backs to the bitter end.[/quote]
Difference in point of view, surely. While I can respect yours, its probably a more unique one due to your special connection.
[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292368667' post='2539778']If you are purely going on size of alliance[/quote]
No, not purely.
[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292368667' post='2539778']Anyway I thank you kindly for your view point, it does give me a lot of food for thought.[/quote]
No problem, but for more round picture you should know that, in the case of likes and dislikes (as you brought that one up) Val is not high on my list while I dont really know BAPS to have an opinion either way. That would complete my point of view that would probably interest you.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1292369143' post='2539786']
No problem, but for more round picture you should know that, in the case of likes and dislikes (as you brought that one up) Val is not high on my list while I dont really know BAPS to have an opinion either way. That would complete my point of view that would probably interest you.
[/quote]
It's a pity you don't know BAPS better; not that many people know them well though.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292369282' post='2539788']
It's a pity you don't know BAPS better; not that many people know them well though.
[/quote]
BAPS has fought for them and their allies enough times, I pity the fact they didn't take the time to get to know them better

Annnnnnnyway, I am done in here

Congrats Legion and Polar, may you have many Purple Polar Bears together

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292370808' post='2539803']BAPS has fought for them and their allies enough times, I pity the fact they didn't take the time to get to know them better[/quote]
They? Wouldn't you mean me, as I am just but one guy. It could very well be that on average BR knows more then I.

But that is OWF logic, since I hold my AA if I say something the entire AA said something, no matter I dont even represent it in official capacity. Whatever, really.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1292368828' post='2539783']
This just shows one thing, good posts for you are those who are agreeing with your point of view, I'm not surprised.
[/quote]

I really don't think you are in a position of authority when it comes to judging good posts either.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292368738' post='2539781']
As much as I dislike them I dont think the Legion would intentionally act in such a disreputable manner towards a MDoAP treaty partner during a war.[/quote]

I don't know, but what I was saying is I doubt that they didn't tell you anything as our comms were great that conflict. Again I don't know though.

The last part, well maybe they just didn't like you and wanted to cancel the treaty, now if you know the man who is quoted in the logs, then you will know he is terrible at FA and not the person to talk to. So again I question the validity of the "alliance in waiting" and say instead maybe they just didn't like you.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1292371058' post='2539808']
They? Wouldn't you mean me, as I am just but one guy. It could very well be that on average BR knows more then I.

But that is OWF logic, since I hold my AA if I say something the entire AA said something, no matter I dont even represent it in official capacity. Whatever, really.
[/quote]
You and your AA, so they is quite applicable

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1292363057' post='2539692']
To be honest I wasn't happy when I first saw this but after reading great part of this thread I can say that if this treaty makes MK and their drones so upset it only can be a good thing. Regarding us not informing our allies about this treaty, I'm sure this was just a mistake done by our FA department that will be corrected in future. Also Pez I fully understand your dislike about the treaty.
[/quote]
Upset? We're laughing at the two of you.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292371853' post='2539821']You and your AA, so they is quite applicable[/quote]
Initially I thought you just wanted to speak for you allies, which I can respect. Seems to me now, you actually want to make some digs here by some stretching. Whatever, really.

I take your point on BAPS, but its been a very, very, very, long time ago since I wasn't as passive as I am now just fallowing the main storyline. My AA in this regard, is beside the point. I am sorry I dont like Val and I am sorry I dont really know BAPS. I am done with you here.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1292372899' post='2539835']
Initially I thought you just wanted to speak for you allies, which I can respect. Seems to me now, you actually want to make some digs here by some stretching. Whatever, really.
[/quote]
Digs? you sir are sadly mistaken, I just reiterated Haflingers point, but on a larger scale.

[quote]Your talk of significance is very very subjective, because to me, both BAPS and Valhalla are far far more significant than either of these alliances, as I know they will have their allies backs to the bitter end.[/quote]
Wait, seriously? Legion is not that significant on the world stage, probably about at the same level as Valhalla, but it's unquestionable that NpO is a major player. You may not [i]like[/i] them, or think that they're honourable or trustworthy, but they're one of the main alliances around which other alliances and power spheres congregate. Conversely, you might like Valhalla and BAPS, but neither of those (especially BAPS) is an alliance that's really considered in major geostrategic calculations. Legion's definitely signed a 'more important' treaty here than the ones they dropped (on a similar level to the one they had with IRON, who are another significant alliance). I guess Polar saw an opportunity to link up with the NPO+Purple loose cluster, though judging by some of the reaction, it might have more the effect of pulling Legion out of that cluster.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1292363622' post='2539699']

If you want to talk about principles, how about this. We stood with NPO during Karma, we didn't tuck tail and run. It wasn't the popular choice, and we knew we would lose, but we stood and fought because we had a treaty. Where's the cowardice?
[/quote]

There was no cowardice.
o/ Legion

It was 2 pages ago in the thread. But I have To.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1292376094' post='2539854']
They should've allied with TORN, who'd lead them into a war and abandon them after the first day.
[/quote]

Don't forget get together with their gang to pressure allies to drop NPO treaties.

[img]http://www.nerdbaseball.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/stewart-sammy.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1292303450' post='2539246']
I understand, what I will call fear, in some about OoOlite thing going on. NPO and NpO are competent alliances that are serious enough (or if you will, evil enough) to put aside their differences to stomp a common foe. Plausible.

But while this deep seeded fears will be, indeed, here in first place truly are Legion and NpO. And their relationship.
[/quote]

To be perfectly candid, if OoOlite is real, it would be the best thing to happen to Planet Bob in many months, thus fear would be the last emotion I was use to describe my reaction.

As to the relative value of a treaty with NpO versus a treaty with Valhalla and BAPS...naturally if NpO can be sold on the purpose and goals of a project, simple math should tell you who the better ally would be. The world has proven to be far more complicated than that however.

[quote name='King William IV' timestamp='1292371737' post='2539819']
I don't know, but what I was saying is I doubt that they didn't tell you anything as our comms were great that conflict. Again I don't know though.

The last part, well maybe they just didn't like you and wanted to cancel the treaty, now if you know the man who is quoted in the logs, then you will know he is terrible at FA and not the person to talk to. So again I question the validity of the "alliance in waiting" and say instead maybe they just didn't like you.
[/quote]
No but that is who legion sent and if you reread the logs its not Arbiter that said No to the question of who it was.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292373500' post='2539838']
Wait, seriously? Legion is not that significant on the world stage, probably about at the same level as Valhalla, but it's unquestionable that NpO is a major player. You may not [i]like[/i] them, or think that they're honourable or trustworthy, but they're one of the main alliances around which other alliances and power spheres congregate. Conversely, you might like Valhalla and BAPS, but neither of those (especially BAPS) is an alliance that's really considered in major geostrategic calculations. Legion's definitely signed a 'more important' treaty here than the ones they dropped (on a similar level to the one they had with IRON, who are another significant alliance). I guess Polar saw an opportunity to link up with the NPO+Purple loose cluster, though judging by some of the reaction, it might have more the effect of pulling Legion out of that cluster.
[/quote]
If you want inactive dead weight then sure Legion is significant. If you want an aa that drops treaties because some one else told them too then sure. Im even ok with being insignificant mr janova but just remember to forget about us next war ok.

They should've allied with TORN, who'd lead them into a war and abandon them after the first day.
[/quote]
Well you know if you guys knew how to pick up your phone when it rang maybe things would be different.

[/quote]

You're continued delusions on how things went is noted, I hope the light of DeLay leads you to the truth someday. Thanks for playing ;)

[quote]Well you know if you guys knew how to pick up your phone when it rang maybe things would be different.[/quote]

They were a bit busy on the phone themselves :v: This topic is about Polar though.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292382648' post='2539902']
No but that is who legion sent and if you reread the logs its not Arbiter that said No to the question of who it was.[/quote]

And I still question the validity of the alliance in waiting. Oh no, I got a name wrong.

If legion gov confirmed/denied it would you believe them or would you not believe them?

[quote name='King William IV' timestamp='1292384760' post='2539931']
And I still question the validity of the alliance in waiting. Oh no, I got a name wrong.

If legion gov confirmed/denied it would you believe them or would you not believe them?
[/quote]
Arbiter was MOFA at that time iirc is that not legion gov? And the logs as you asked showed it wasnt only arbiter that aluded to an outside source. So are you blind or just looking to pick a fight?

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292385452' post='2539935']
Arbiter was MOFA at that time iirc is that not legion gov? And the logs as you asked showed it wasnt only arbiter that aluded to an outside source. So are you blind or just looking to pick a fight?
[/quote]

Arbiter was never MoFA. I wouldn't necessarily refer to anyone else as being blind if you don't have your facts in order.

[quote name='T.Hubb' timestamp='1292387841' post='2539955']
Arbiter was never MoFA. I wouldn't necessarily refer to anyone else as being blind if you don't have your facts in order.
[/quote]

He meant MoF.

Now, this topic has all already been settled. If you'd like to continue, feel free to shoot me or whomever a private message.

Edited by RePePe