Kerberos Nexus Announcement

Sephiroth

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1290741387' post='2523478']
Protection was neither requested nor granted when peace was negotiated between GOONS and KN (as part of terms), and protection will not be automatically afforded. If requested though, that's a different matter altogether.

It's not coldhearted, and it's not careless, it protects GOONS' investments and GOONS' interests.
[/quote]

Protecting Methrage from unwarranted attacks would accomplish the same end with the added incentive of showing a little character and earning some respect. I know I and probably many others with reservations about GOONS would look upon such an act favorably. There are times to take a hard line on some issues. This is one of those times but the target is a bit off in my opinion. You just better hope that someday the shoe is not on the other foot. People in this game like to look at your past actions when considering your judgment.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1290741736' post='2523484']
Protecting Methrage from unwarranted attacks would accomplish the same end with the added incentive of showing a little character and earning some respect. I know I and probably many others with reservations about GOONS would look upon such an act favorably. There are times to take a hard line on some issues. This is one of those times but the target is a bit off in my opinion. You just better hope that someday the shoe is not on the other foot. People in this game like to look at your past actions when considering your judgment.
[/quote]

It would accomplish the same end but at the expense of GOONS' resources. And I have little desire to fight others' fights (unless at a price).

I understand and can generally appreciate PR incentives; in this case though, given the other party is an individual that has had a tumultuous past with GOONS, I'm more inclined to disregard the PR incentives and instead focus on our bottom line.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1290741736' post='2523484']
[/quote]
If they wanted to help I would probably accept their assistance if I'm fighting more than one nation or I'm still doing tech deals with them, but considering I wouldn't assist if they got attacked beyond completing our tech deals I don't expect them to protect me. If they wanted to guarantee I'm able to finish our deals I wouldn't object to them assisting, but I'm not interested in signing a treaty with them.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1290743865' post='2523511']
It would accomplish the same end but at the expense of GOONS' resources. And I have little desire to fight others' fights (unless at a price).

I understand and can generally appreciate PR incentives; in this case though, given the other party is an individual that has had a tumultuous past with GOONS, I'm more inclined to disregard the PR incentives and instead focus on our bottom line.
[/quote]

To each their own. I figured GOONS wouldn't mind the outside shot of being able to get at an alliance, rather than one guy, for what would no doubt be considered a legit grievance. Though, if they are going after Methrage it's probably people you know. Either way, I hope it works out for all involved.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1290744663' post='2523523']
If they wanted to help I would probably accept their assistance if I'm fighting more than one nation or I'm still doing tech deals with them, but considering I wouldn't assist if they got attacked beyond completing our tech deals I don't expect them to protect me. If they wanted to guarantee I'm able to finish our deals I wouldn't object to them assisting, but I'm not interested in signing a treaty with them.
[/quote]

If that's the case you should hardly fault them for expecting their due regardless of your circumstance.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1290744775' post='2523525']
If that's the case you should hardly fault them for expecting their due regardless of your circumstance.
[/quote]
I don't fault them for wanting to complete the tech deals and wasn't planning to use this as an excuse not to finish them. As long as I'm able to send it I will and wasn't even thinking about that until it was mentioned by others. Them sending the money for the second round of tech deals during the war would be useful and I expect them not to use the excuse of me being at war to not send the rest of the money considering their expectations of me though. Either way I already planned to keep sending the tech I owe regardless of whether I'm at war.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1290745638' post='2523535']
I don't want to hear any "GOONS shoulda protected me if they wanted their tech" BS if/when it hits the fan. Still would've been gentlemanly of them to offer though.
[/quote]
How fast I can send the tech depends on how fast they accept, but I'll keep producing tech and sending tech while the war is ongoing as long as I'm able to assuming its not someone from GOONS or their allies launching spy attacks, although I would have to spend an unpredictable amount on my military if I end up at war but I'll try to not let it cause delays.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1290756371' post='2523705']
It's probably Bob Janova "brother"
[/quote]

Fixed that for you ;)

Hopefully this gets resolved quick, I dont want another month of pointless back and forth banter between Methrage and GOONS

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1290744663' post='2523523']
[/quote]
You've already signed a treaty with them; specifically, a peace treaty. You're paying them reparations per the terms of that treaty.

I don't really see the need to announce this... why not just contact a GOONS government member and let them know what's up? Yes, you would be completely justified in declaring war if you were to find out who was spying on you. If you sat and thought for a moment instead of just rushing to get more attention, though, you might realize that whoever did this was just trying to provoke you because of your current situation. You're going to be vulnerable until (get ready to cringe) you join a real alliance who can actually give you protection. Why not do that, at least until you're done paying reps? It's not like you're in any shape to do another suicide mission yet.

Well... either all that or you really did just make everything up. Wouldn't really put it past you.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1290764462' post='2523751']
You've already signed a treaty with them; specifically, a peace treaty. You're paying them reparations per the terms of that treaty.
[/quote]
I'm doing some tech deals with them as part of the agreement for peace, but we never made a treaty out of it.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1290744694' post='2523524']
To each their own. I figured GOONS wouldn't mind the outside shot of being able to get at an alliance, rather than one guy, for what would no doubt be considered a legit grievance.
[/quote]

We'll cross that road when we come to it, if we do, as and if needed.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1290744694' post='2523524']
Though, if they are going after Methrage it's probably people you know.
[/quote]

Oh?

Edited by SirWilliam

Here are the 3 spy reports I got against me, although I haven't gotten any new ones after making this announcement and switching my threat level.

To: Methrage From: Unknown Sender Date: 11/24/2010 7:32:52 PM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted to gather information about your nation. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

To: Methrage From: Unknown Sender Date: 11/24/2010 7:48:55 PM

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Assassinate Spies. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed and managed to thwart the attack although we are not sure who launched this attack.

To: Methrage From: Unknown Sender Date: 11/25/2010 10:29:04 AM

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your counter intelligence system and managed to assassinate 20 of your spies. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1290759938' post='2523737']
If you can find out the identity of the person spying on you let me know and if we have some people in range in Celestial Being we'll try to help out.
[/quote]
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need any assistance or find out who it is.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1290778679' post='2523798']
I don't really see the need to announce this... why not just contact a GOONS government member and let them know what's up?
[/quote]
This doesn't really have anything to do with GOONS as I never planned to delay any of the tech because of this. I announced it because if the spy attacks continue people will know why I'm declaring war someone, also by announcing this it might make whoever sent the spy attacks stop without me needing to resort to war.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1290793126' post='2523869']
I'm doing some tech deals with them as part of the agreement for peace, but we never made a treaty out of it.
[/quote]
You made a binding agreement between two alliances. What the hell do you think a treaty is?