• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1290198193' post='2517592']
Thoughts on the wonders of Four Loko?
[/quote]

Hehe. :awesome:

Anyways; Impressive Growth TFD - I hope we see those stats put to good use one of these days. ^_^

Edit-

My question has already been asked. Any plans/direction after PnL disbandment?

Edited by KingEd

[/quote]

Overrated. I had never had one till the other night, bought five of them, drank them in two hours, and was obscenely drunk, but did not die or blackout. I was up till 9 am though and could not go to sleep.

The citizens of arctic republic were then tortured with cancerous cigarette smoke and the sounds of a new and upcoming band that their leader mike717 likes called "The Rolling Stones"

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1290201660' post='2517625']
[/quote]

Very fair question. Though I wonder why no one actually asked why PnL dissolved :P

Anyway, we're still evaluating our options. The absence of PnL produced a vacuum in our FA policy, we're still going to close some other pending issues before we decide where we want to go.

[quote name='JonnyCraig' timestamp='1290202085' post='2517633']
What would your stats have looked like if Zenith did not merge into you?
[/quote]

At the end of BiPolar Zenith had 40 nations, 660k NS, 110k infra and 40k tech. Zenith members who joined us were, for the most part, very active in our tech acquisition and growth programs. Had they not joined us we would have possibly have grown less. But if they didn't, they probably wouldn't have grown as much either :)

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1290187155' post='2517464']
Why does Gearhead love australia when he's a yank?:P
[/quote]
Like Uralica said - it has something to do with the fact that I live here. ;)

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1290188601' post='2517491']
Nice job TFD. :) o/ That is indeed some impressive growth.

For those who don't know, GearHead and I go way back. :awesome:

[OOC: BTW, he loves Australia because he lives there atm, or at least he did live there :P]
[/quote]
Yes. :awesome: Those were some good times back then too. :wub:
And I'm still here. Living in Perth now. Stereotypical Aussie town. ^_^

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1290187800' post='2517479']
Congrats guys.

I anticipate Williamson becoming gov. He's an awesome diplomat over here at X, and he's truly an asset to your alliance.

Good luck in the future.
[/quote]
Williamson is indeed an excellent guy and your good word is definitely going to be stored in my books for future reference. :) Also, thanks for the kind words and good luck to Exodus as you continue to establish yourselves.

[quote name='iMatt' timestamp='1290187138' post='2517463']
Congrats to the elected, and the 5 mill. Onwards and upwards!

Question: What is your FA direction? (since PNL is now gone)
[/quote]
[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1290188653' post='2517492']
Congratulations on your growth.

Since PnL has dissolved, do you forsee TFD joining any other blocs soon? Ever?
[/quote]
I'll answer both of these at the same time since they are very similar. As far as our future FA direction post-PnL, we've basically decided to take a step back and evaluate what opportunities come our way now that we've actually made the move. As such, we don't have any "plans" per say for the future...yet. And more pointed towards Jay Z's question: Since we haven't got any plans in mind as of yet, I can't really comment on the possibility of us joining a bloc soon. It could happen, but it's not like we're in a hurry or have any ideas. As for the long-term, I believe it's very possible we end up experimenting with the bloc idea again, but again, I have no idea what that's gonna be.

I hope I've answered each question to everybody's full expectations. Let me know if I missed one. :)

[quote name='kuhnini' timestamp='1290213989' post='2517821']
Congrats on the growth TFD! A sharp looking government too! It's been great getting to know the awesomeness of TFD over the many months of our relationship. Great to be treatied with such a classy group! :)
[/quote]

:) I had to reply directly to this one because I couldn't resist saying the feeling is mutual. :wub:B-)

And obligatory: [quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1290203917' post='2517651']
I love you guys so friggin much - congrats on this excellent (and totally not surprising) milestone! As well as sexy new gov. :D
[/quote]
AR, my favorite Blood Sister, makes me blush again. :wub::awesome:

Edit: Speelling. :lol1:

Edited by GearHead

[quote name='mike717' timestamp='1290204580' post='2517661']
[b]Overrated[/b]. I had never had one till the other night, bought five of them, drank them in two hours, and was obscenely drunk,[b] but did not die or blackout[/b]. I was up till 9 am though and could not go to sleep.

The citizens of arctic republic were then tortured with cancerous cigarette smoke and the sounds of a new and upcoming band that their leader mike717 likes called "The Rolling Stones"
[/quote]

So to live up to your standards of its wonders you should have died or blacked out? :P

In this post, I will personally answer all of your questions.

[quote name='iMatt' timestamp='1290187138' post='2517463']
Congrats to the elected, and the 5 mill. Onwards and upwards!

Question: What is your FA direction? (since PNL is now gone)
[/quote]

We're keeping our options open. We're not really looking to belong to either pole (those beingPandora's Box and/or the people who don't like them). We're mostly looking for treaties with people who have a similar worldview as us and who we know won't get us rolled for stupid reasons.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1290187155' post='2517464']
Why does Gearhead love australia when he's a yank?:P

congrats TFD :D
[/quote]

He's an ex-pat turncoat.

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1290188653' post='2517492']
Congratulations on your growth.

Since PnL has dissolved, do you forsee TFD joining any other blocs soon? Ever?
[/quote]

Never is a long time. I think we'll probably be independent for a while and see how things shake out.

Other than Aztec, we don't really like any of the MDP level blocs enough to ever consider joining them or even getting close/chaining ties to them. I personally am intrigued by Synergy and Checkmate but that's not an official position.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1290193604' post='2517542']
if there's a tiny critique I can give, it's: need moar nookz. Otherwise, it's quite impressive, I think post-BiPolar the only alliances that have come close would be ones like PhR, MCXA, WF, Legacy, Valhalla etc. that have come close to your catapult upwards.
[/quote]

Zenith was pretty nuclear heavy, pretty much everyone capable was maxed. TFD members are a bit more reluctant. Some are even reluctant to go nuclear because of their bills. :gag:

[/quote]

Can't say I've ever heard of it.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1290201660' post='2517625']
Hehe. :awesome:

Anyways; Impressive Growth TFD - I hope we see those stats put to good use one of these days. ^_^

Edit-

[/quote]

Just wait and see how thing shake up. We're actually fairly happy with where we are now.

[quote name='JonnyCraig' timestamp='1290202085' post='2517633']
What would your stats have looked like if Zenith did not merge into you?
[/quote]

Probably about half as many nukes and wonders and missing 1/3 of the tech. We really pushed tech, wonder, and nuke acquisition (as well as casualty) in Zenith and former Zenith nations have more than TFD nations of a similar age. Those of us from Zenith who are still active are really starting to push the TFDers to wonder up. Zenith probably didn't contribute much in the way of infra because we were all pretty mowed down in Karma and TOP/CNG. :blink::lol1:

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1290229958' post='2518013']
Ah, it's nice to see some Duncan King in TFD government. o/
[/quote]
My position has no real policy role at all, I just basically make sure the gears are turning and suggest ways to make them better. But after the MK debacle and no one being around, I figured I should at least be on the list in case the excrement impacted with the ventilation machine and no one else would be able to answer the phone.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1290229491' post='2518006']
Probably about half as many nukes and wonders and missing 1/3 of the tech. We really pushed tech, wonder, and nuke acquisition (as well as casualty) in Zenith and former Zenith nations have more than TFD nations of a similar age. Those of us from Zenith who are still active are really starting to push the TFDers to wonder up. Zenith probably didn't contribute much in the way of infra because we were all pretty mowed down in Karma and TOP/CNG. :blink::lol1:
[/quote]

Actually, according to the closest sheet of UE's data from before the merge, 25 April (http://uevil.maybe.net/new/2010-04-26_MEGARD.html), Zenith's contributions were:

[list]
[*]133,481 Infrastructure
[*]43,745 Technology
[*]240 Nukes
[*]36 Members
[/list]

On the same day, TFD's Stats were:

[list]
[*]519,263 Infrastructure
[*]193,192 Technology
[*]555 Nukes
[*]136 Members
[/list]

Doing some approximated math, since the merge we have grown on our own (the difference between what we have now and the sum of TFD and Zenith back then):

[list]
[*]115,165 Infrastructure
[*]128,219 Technology
[*]453 Nukes
[*]-7 Members
[/list]

So I think it's safe to say most our growth was due Iggy's ability at Alliance Development and less to Zenith's merge, specially the technology and nuke part :P

However, the infrastructure contribution was actually pretty big compared to what we have grown on our own XD

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1290214331' post='2517827']
So to live up to your standards of its wonders you should have died or blacked out? :P
[/quote]

Given the uproar and furor, yes that is what i expected. however the worldwide ban on such drinks means the citizens of arctic republic, and it's leader, will have to go back to getting their caffeine and alcohol in the traditional manner of our country, whiskey and coke.