An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1289952933' post='2515340']
I think NPO officials have already admitted the posts were edited, what they were edited to is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. The fact remains that Pacificans knowingly edited a post by a diplomat to make it something it wasn't. The questions we should be asking are:

What would motivate you to do such a thing?
What were the ulterior motives behind twisting someones words in such a way?

Such behavior leads me to speculate that the editing was done with some malicious intent in mind, wouldn't you say so? (silly me, of course you wouldn't)
[/quote]

Yes changing a topic title from "hello npo scum" to "hello my beloved pacificans" was so terrible. Go cry me a river.

[quote]Anyone else remember when NPO rolled GPA because Valid decided it would be fun to edit Dilbers posts on the GPA forum?[/quote]

Anyone else remember that being the only reason for declaring on GPA? No? That's probably because it wasn't. Not to mention how we paid the biggest amount of reps for these "crimes" anyway.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1289953924' post='2515372']
Anyone else remember when NPO rolled GPA because Valid decided it would be fun to edit Dilbers posts on the GPA forum?
[/quote]
I THINK MK DID IN THE OP!!!!

Anyway, we didn't roll GPA for that particular reason alone. Nor, gasp, were we alone in the rolling ;)

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289953750' post='2515367']
Well, I dont know.

But it could be a cultural misunderstanding then. We just dont get their famous "lulz" ;
[img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4819/akrri.gif[/img]

For example I have above what their Prince is having as an avatar in their embassy in our Grad. I guess its lulz or something. Not that original though.
[/quote]
The Simpsons have always been funny. I don't think you can disagree; Matt is pretty much a god of laughs.

I sure hope NPO doesn't get offended at unoriginal avatars though that wouldn't be becoming of their aa's prestige.

Anyone else remember when NPO rolled GPA because Valid decided it would be fun to edit Dilbers posts on the GPA forum?
[/quote]

you do realize this was covered and then there is the fact that that was one small reason out of many that GPA got hit.

and no, i still don't agree with that war at all but even so, that was one reason out of many.

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1289954233' post='2515383']
The Simpsons have always been funny. I don't think you can disagree; Matt is pretty much a god of laughs.

I sure hope NPO doesn't get offended at unoriginal avatars though that wouldn't be becoming of their aa's prestige.
[/quote]
Nah, man, their Prince is fine. I am just showing that as proof how they like to kinda, walk a thin line between humor and plain old insults. That is their AA's prestige.

Could lead to some lines being crossed.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289954470' post='2515390']
Nah, man, their Prince is fine. I am just showing that as proof how they like to kinda, walk a thin line between humor and plain old insults. That is their AA's prestige.

[/quote]
I for one would welcome lines being crossed/drawn/redrawn. With all the complaining of stagnation and empty insults being thrown around the one thing that we all should strive for is organized chaos.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289954470' post='2515390']

[/quote]

Or some lines being drawn

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1289954649' post='2515396']I for one would welcome lines being crossed/drawn/redrawn. With all the complaining of stagnation and empty insults being thrown around the one thing that we all should strive for is organized chaos.[/quote]
Hey man, nowhere did I complain about the effort MK put in here. I agree with you. At least something to talk about.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1289954665' post='2515397']
Or some lines being drawn
[/quote]
Always a classic.

[font="Georgia"]This type of behavior is unacceptable - I'm sure NPO Diplomats would love to have their post Edited when they said something that didn't really appeal to the particular alliance they were [i]trying[/i] to communicate with.

Good to know.[/font]

:ph34r:

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1289954952' post='2515401']
This type of behavior is unacceptable - I'm sure NPO Diplomats would love to have their post Edited when they said something that didn't really appeal to the particular alliance they were [i]trying[/i] to communicate with.

Good to know.[/quote]
While I never was in our Diplo Corps, I am somewhat sure that our diplomats do not call other alliances "scum" in their halls. As far as here presented, that is exactly what happened in regards to the edited wording.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289955106' post='2515403']
While I never was in our Diplo Corps, I am somewhat sure that our diplomats do not call other alliances "scum" in their halls. As far as here presented, that is exactly what happened in regards to the edited wording.
[/quote]
[quote name='Bilrow']...and also my response to Bros calling him MK Scum being deleted...[/quote]
If I go digging through the archives I'm sure I can find plenty of examples of Pacifican diplomats calling us scum.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289955465' post='2515410']
So then the MK diplomats weren't particularly diplomatic. Paint me shocked. <_<
[/quote]
Are embassies to be confined to mindless statements of "I like you" and stripped of honest discussion?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289955629' post='2515413']If I go digging through the archives I'm sure I can find plenty of examples of Pacifican diplomats calling us scum.[/quote]
Yes, but Bilrow did that in our Grad and in response to the same hurrrr :P And Bilrow is not a diplomat anyway.

I said, although not a Diplo my self, that I doubt our Diplos did that on other boards about other alliances.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1289953938' post='2515373']
Yes changing a topic title from "hello npo scum" to "hello my beloved pacificans" was so terrible. Go cry me a river.
[/quote]

I'm not inclined to believe that was the only editing done, I simply don't trust you and your ilk to tell the whole truth. Sorry.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1289955929' post='2515419']
I'm not inclined to believe that was the only editing done, I simply don't trust you and your ilk to tell the whole truth. Sorry.
[/quote]
Well, fine then.

What other editing of words was done, MK?

Based on the reported "diplomacy" that was occurring at the diplomatic departments of both the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Pacific Order, it appears that the cutting of official diplomatic ties between the two alliances is not all that much of a game-changer.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1289956053' post='2515422']
Based on the reported "diplomacy" that was occurring at the diplomatic departments of both the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Pacific Order, it appears that the cutting of official diplomatic ties between the two alliances is not all that much of a game-changer.
[/quote]

I think we all knew where the two alliances stood in regards to one another. However this thread simply serves as a pleasant reminder and stirs the pot a little.

Something I can get behind, regardless of which party is in the wrong.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289955769' post='2515414']
Are embassies to be confined to mindless statements of "I like you" and stripped of honest discussion?
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]From the picture that has been painted, it seems like nothing of the sort was happening. Your are unable to point to any one specfic example, and say "NPO was limiting our serious discussion". The idea in it of itself, that anything serious comes from MK is laughable on it's own merits.[/color]

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1289956053' post='2515422']Based on the reported "diplomacy" that was occurring at the diplomatic departments of both the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Pacific Order,[/quote]
Actually its honest diplomacy. Kinda like that. But in this case, as so it seems to be thus far, different sensibilities of the two collectives have created this issue.

Just don't push the line between "humor" and plain old insults too far.
[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1289956053' post='2515422']... it appears that the cutting of official diplomatic ties between the two alliances is not all that much of a game-changer.
[/quote]
They arent. MK's embassy in our Grad is there, as well as eight active MK diplo masks.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289955769' post='2515414']
[/quote]

I have to agree with you, but you need to convince some of your own members first.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289955777' post='2515415']
Yes, but Bilrow did that in our Grad and in response to the same hurrrr :P And Bilrow is not a diplomat anyway.

I said, although not a Diplo my self, that I doubt our Diplos did that on other boards about other alliances.
[/quote]
I made a playful quote edit on one of your members and Bilrow presumably (it was either him, Bakamitai, or worldconqueror as they were the only NPO members viewing the thread at the time and I don't think the latter has mod powers) edited it to make it look like I was supporting us being an inferior alliance to you guys.

MK may tease or insult the diplomats that come to our boards but we give them free speech.

Edited by Drai

[/quote]
This has been a long time coming.

Onward Pacific!

All hail the Continuum!

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=14345&view=findpost&p=392275"]Do you remember?[/url]

Edited by Aimee Mann