An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1290008168' post='2515901']
I read the first page and skipped all the stupid so I could append my stupid to this, surely, fine thread.

This announcement pleases me. Expelling diplomats could be construed as a grave insult, of course, but it certainly gets your point across. I consider it akin to a slap in the face with a glove. Too many chicken !@#$% afraid of voicing a dissenting opinion around here. So many people would rather spread their malicious back biting under the covers.

So, we need more of this.
[/quote]

so youre not welcome to have a diplomat there.. it might be rude but i wouldnt fight someone if they told me to get out of their house

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my understanding than any alliance could (and does) kick diplomats that are unruly or rude on their boards.

Is MK now declaring that this is against their new world order as well? I mean, I thought telling people that they had to compensate every member of a trade circle when a random nation cancelled was a bit of a stretch but this is a little ridiculous don't you think?

Oh no...did I speak ill of MK? Oh my. Whatever shall I do?

Thoughtcrime is death.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1290039385' post='2516247']
It was my understanding than any alliance could (and does) kick diplomats that are unruly or rude on their boards.

Is MK now declaring that this is against their new world order as well? I mean, I thought telling people that they had to compensate every member of a trade circle when a random nation cancelled was a bit of a stretch but this is a little ridiculous don't you think?

Oh no...did I speak ill of MK? Oh my. Whatever shall I do?

Thoughtcrime is death.
[/quote]

pay $12m and 250 tech. NOW.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1290039385' post='2516247']

Is MK now declaring that this is against their new world order as well?
[/quote]

When two diplomats are removed without any hostile behavior however, it is most definitely something worth noting. Neither tamerlane or myself did anything wrong to warrant the demasking, which is where the reaction comes in.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290042936' post='2516302']
When two diplomats are removed without any hostile behavior however, it is most definitely something worth noting. Neither tamerlane or myself did anything wrong to warrant the demasking, which is where the reaction comes in.
[/quote]

not your right to dictate what other alliance do. far as im concerned they could close all their embassies and i wouldnt bat an eye

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1290045008' post='2516336']
not your right to dictate what other alliance do. far as im concerned they could close all their embassies and i wouldnt bat an eye
[/quote]

This is a strawman.

Are you trying to claim that we did dictate what another alliance did? The same goes for Ivan a few posts back. Your attempt at spinning this into the Kingdom having done something DIRE beyond a Baron posting a minor announcement thread is futile. And possibly just a little bit silly.

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1290045008' post='2516336']
[/quote]

Dictating what they do would be declaring war on them and insisting that the only way they'd get peace is to never turn away another ambassador without good reason again. Any future infraction would result in breaking terms and result in another war.

Given how boring this incident has been, and the complete lack of wars I've been in, I'm going to make the assumption this didn't happen while I wasn't paying attention. The only thing we did was respond in kind, closing down our embassy in reaction.

It's almost as if there were a middle ground between completely ignoring an offense, and trying to control everything someone else does. I just don't understand it :psyduck:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1290056333' post='2516496']
I'm actually wondering if anyone will step up and be willing to create some more drama or if the rest of the leaders around here are actually that spineless that they will keep waiting while MK and NPO do their thing and then just jump in like a drone.
[/quote]

Alright, contact me sometime, we'll get some friends, some drinks and some cakes, then we can get some drama going.

You in?

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1290060025' post='2516531']
[img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8353/blahblahblah.gif[/img]

lulz. C'mon guys lets get real.
[/quote]

Would this be an appropriate place to say "Do something about it"?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1290056333' post='2516496']
I'm actually wondering if anyone will step up and be willing to create some more drama or if the rest of the leaders around here are actually that spineless that they will keep waiting while MK and NPO do their thing and then just jump in like a drone.
[/quote]

You raise an interesting point, lets delve deeper into this by having some decent discourse :)

1. Paying Reps = Risk-averse attitude for the duration.

i. Its very ironic that few here claim that they're the only ones creating drama..'do something about it' etc, when they've choked it by taking highest amounts of reps, keeping key alliances out for a long duration of time and setting a precedent that if you 're on the loosing end of the global war, you'll be fighting for at-least 3 months, you're going to pay so much you'll spend most of the year if not more under reps. Nobody likes to repeat these year long cycles without giving themselves a decent fighting chance, which requires a few months of rebuilding, AFTER the reps have been done.

ii. For them at-least internally they have something to look forward to, like count down to end of reps and kicking of rebuilding or other programs, its alot less boring for them ;) and so it's even less of a need to look for drama.

2. There's division amongst various factions of ex-heg, thats another source of drama. For some in peanut gallery the utility comes from Hegemony vs X drama, these sideshows might not interest them, but it may interest those who have stake in it.

3. Many alliances know, that even a slight mistake can lead to a war or unfavorable terms, and they know that them and there friends wouldn't be able to save the situation, infact that'll make it worse, they're busy avoiding curb-stomp and dramas.

4. Hegemony would prefer the status quo or at-least that is the perception.
i. Status quo means maintaining traditional lines of conflict, where there is clearly a weak and a strong side. These lines of conflict and tension will shift v.v. gradually even if there are actors willing to opt for non-traditional connections in the web to create new tangents and add more variability. The new links are discouraged to maintain status quo of Strong side vs a clearly defined weak opposition.
Sometimes there are few interesting variables that dramatically shift the lines when they switch sides as the conflict appears on horizon, but thats at the later stage.

Spinelessness might be a valid reason for some alliances across the web. But its may not be the reason for alot of alliances.

Edited by shahenshah