An All Saints' Day Announcement from the Cult of Justitia

Sargun II

[center][img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/Flags/header.png[/img]
[i]We are building a religion,[/i]
[i]We are building it bigger,[/i]
[i]We are widening the corridors[/i]
[i]and adding more lanes.[/i][/center][center]

Good evening, leaders of Bob. I wish to tell you a story of a man and his journey, of a messiah and his followers, of a religion and its faithful. A story long in time and short in words, and as we all know words are something nobody in Bob should ever have to read. So forgive me for these short words, and allow me to tell a tale.

Eighteen months ago, Schattenmann found himself "free to do absolutely anything for the first time in a long time", perhaps in ever. But he was not lost, he was simply alone and with a vision. A vision of a group of men and women who would one day share with him an experience like no other. So he sought out a friend, Valerius, and the two sat in a clearing and established a code of ethics, morals, responsibility, and most of all courage. Valerius and Schattenmann, partners, founded the Cult of Justitia. For two months they sat alone but persevering, for two months they sat knowing that it would be a journey not of glory but of responsibility and perseverence. For two months they waited until a woman, one Sarah Tintagyl, tasted the forbidden fruit. And like a good woman she cracked her whip and her slaven one, Sargun, followed soon. From then it was destiny.

Schattenmann understood that the Esteemed Van Hoo III was the only man "I had not slammed in the recent past", and so he approached with his head ahigh and traveled to Nemesis. He put an "odd proposition" before this unsavory band of handsome characters: no compulsory treaties, no protectorates - just a friendship. A friendship to blossom. And so an ODOAP was created. All was not peaceful - but all was respectful, ethical, moral, and responsible. Justitia smiled upon Nemesis and the Cult with this friendship.

Destiny, then. After four months, Justitia had [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=70227"]seven followers[/url]. These disciples found themselves the chosen - not gloried nor famous, but doing the work that needed to be done. Of those seven, four remain. A year ago we had less than 200,000 NS. Growth was slow and unsteady, and in spurts and fits. The Cult found itself stagnating. The Cult does not engage in recruiting as actively as other groups, and most of her members are not new souls but old ones finding the light; old ones that Justitia saw fit to grace us with. It was after the thirteenth month that the Cult reached fifteen members. It was a slow and sometimes painful process, one that kept us to what some called "irrelevant", but Schattenmann saw otherwise. Schattenmann and his band of followers would not be deterred, and under his leadership we prospered once more.

Today I wish to announce something we have been waiting to say for ages. Some time ago, the Cult of Justitia passed the 1,000,000 NS barrier. It was a momentous leap, one in time of strife and uncertainty. But rather than fall below the threshold again, we saw fit to raise ourselves once more. Justitia smiled. The saga of the Cult of Justitia is not yet over, it is just beginning: a saga that one day, we hope, will change the world.

Thank you, Schattenmann. Thank you, Nemesis. Most of all, thank [b]you[/b], Justitia. From all of us here.

From Schattenmann.
From Valerius.
From Sarah Tintagyl.
From Sargun.
From Biff Webster.
From Sirdeclan.
From Hyperbad.
From Sitethief.
From Subtleknifewielder.
From Zoot Zoot.
From Imperator Azenquor.
From Gran the Adequate.
From JEDCJT.
From Alexander Rococo.
From Lynneth.
From Aureolus.
From Don Chele.
From Saarkin Cor.
From BaronOfBeef.
From Zarfef.
From Generalissimo.
From Markus Wilding.
From Earogema.
From Daggarz.
From Yawoo.
From Rammalammadingdong.
From Duckz3.
From LilLightningBolt.

The night is yours. [/center]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' timestamp='1288655304' post='2499371']
Congrats to all of you! CoJ is a great alliance!
[/quote]
Yes, yes we are.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1288656077' post='2499381']
Thank you for the kind words. Your friends are always at your side. A hearty and huge congratulations on 1 Million NS, and may the Cult continue forwards!

o/CoJ
[/quote]

:wub: Nemesis :wub:

There have been times that I thought this day would never come, and times again when I knew this day must come, and many more like it. Now that it finally has, I was at a loss for words, so thank you, Sargun, for your help. And thank you, each Justitian, who have come to travel this path. We are an organization unlike any other, we've made sure of that, and it has been no small sacrifice for any of you, you ex-Presidents, aging trailblazers and revolutionaries, gifted writers and artists, who have all bent knee to Justitia, "shedding selfish ambition and survivalism, offering your nations to service of the Cult." I am proud of- and humbled by each of you, your contributions, and your presence.

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/CoJ/Justitiababy.png[/IMG]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1288656077' post='2499381']
Thank you for the kind words. Your friends are always at your side. A hearty and huge congratulations on 1 Million NS, and may the Cult continue forwards!

o/CoJ
[/quote]
[quote name='Kwilliams' timestamp='1288656661' post='2499397']
You guys make me feel all tingly inside. Congrats buddies
[/quote]
There have been alliances that go it alone, but it's better with friends. Thanks for coming along with us.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1288656789' post='2499401']
On behalf of your friends in GOONS, congrats.
[/quote]
All both of them :P Thanks!

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1288659176' post='2499431']
For an alliance with fewer than thirty members this is no mean feat.

Kudos.
[/quote]
I'm glad we've kept in touch after so long, it's good to have old friends among the new for times like these.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1288661322' post='2499453']
[color="#0000FF"]Congratulations. Impressive group you've managed to get together over the last year or so.[/color]
[/quote]
Out of a lot of crazy things in the last 500 days, this has been the biggest question on my mind, and has given me more headaches than anything else.
We have made stabs at mass recruiting, but Justitia's cult is not obsessed with growth. President Kent (Valerius) and I sat alone for weeks, then Sarah and I sat along for weeks. I went more than a month total by myself as we first began. Everyone wants size and numbers, but for CoJ, it could not be at the expense of function, or principles, or unity. Instead, we have sought to form an organization that attracts people to it by intrinsic value, and I am very happy with the results. There is more ahead of us, and there are more rulers out there who will find Justitia's path in their own time.
We could have gone after new rulers like madmen, there are still new alliances that do this in 60 days as if it were still 2008, but it would not have meant so much. We've done this in Justitia's time, despite our earthly desires to rush it at times. I'm glad now that it has been that way.

Edited by Schattenmann