The Opening of Pandora's Box

Monster

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1286959085' post='2483420']
To those members of Pandora's Box, cheers to you for doing what most just whinge about, actually doing something that changes the dynamics of our little world. Heres to hoping more follow your lead.
[/quote]

They've not changed anything. For now, it's just another bloc.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1286963841' post='2483461']
the #stratego logs are going to used as a CB, then you have my sword. I doubt any alliance is dumb enough to use that as singular reasons to start a war. However, the #stratego logs combined with a few other issues / stupidities / mistakes can make a lovely CB.

IMO The bold part is not true. I know of mutiple fck up's with Nueva Vida. Fortunately or unfortunately, we did not pursue them very much....we dont like to push hard on certain issues, specially where Grey areas are involved. Actually, from what i have seen...they dont really care whether the said party is less connected or well connected....they fck up just the same. The way it is handled is different though :D

Edit: spelling
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I never said they'd use the #stratego logs as a CB. However, they will use it as a reason to put some alliances on a target list, for when they do find their CBs. However, they will never use the #stratego logs as a stated CB.

As for NV, I never have considered you a part of the world order, so I was not referencing you. Though you're tied to it, you've never let the arrogance of power go to your head, and you've remained consistently true to the virtues you've held in the past. You have not treated an alliance differently during an incident (mistaken raid, aid, etc.) than otherwise simply because you happen to like or dislike that alliance, or because they're better or less connected. The same cannot be said for most other alliances though.[/color]

[quote]the #stratego logs are going to used as a CB, then you have my sword. I doubt any alliance is dumb enough to use that as singular reasons to start a war.[/quote]
We're not going to, but honestly, that is a better CB than most of the ones that Continuum used. The alliances in those logs were actively planning an attack on what is now a bloc member, and looking for ways to fabricate a CB against them.

[quote]Actually, you do have a point. Q had ties / Overlap with 1V, BLEU, LEO, Citadel and CDT. PB's ties / overlap is not as big as Q's, but the trend is quite similar[/quote]
PB has no overlap with other major blocs (sorry LEO but ... I doubt anyone considers you to be a core of the Invisible Hegemony) and as pointed out earlier it only has 8% treaty coverage with SF and C&G. The treaty situation is more like Continuum-SF, and not indicative of a coherent hegemonic structure. You mention Citadel and LEO but almost all of those alliances (all except Old Guard if I remember right) fought for Karma, not the Hegemony.

Tony: Yes, I draw the dividing line on the treaty web. That's because the web is supposed to be a reflection of the prevailing orthodox view on politics within CN, and lots of people still believe that to be the main divide. If you read the comments you'll see that I've been pointing out how disparate the 'ex-Hegemony side' is and that it doesn't really exist any more. [i][OOC: That's also an OOC resource and not necessarily reflective of my IC opinions.][/i]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1286970101' post='2483512']
[color="#0000FF"]I never said they'd use the #stratego logs as a CB. However, they will use it as a reason to put some alliances on a target list, for when they do find their CBs. However, they will never use the #stratego logs as a stated CB.
[/color]
[/quote]
Quit trying to turn the #stratego logs around on us. It was you and you're bunch who sat there trying to manufacture cbs against GOONS. So please quit trying to play the victim.

I think the people in #stratego actually expected those logs to get leaked. I know I would. It was probably just a matter of 'hey look, here's a window of opportunity to attack GOONS, let's try and co-ordinate to hit them.' If they attacked on the same day they got together, as they were planning to, then whether or not the logs got leaked didn't matter, because they'd knock out a major threat, which outweighed any costs of the leaked logs. If the coalition failed, as it did, then no harm done and they didn't really give a stuff if people found out what they were planning. It's fairly obvious anyway that those alliances aren't tremendous fans of PB.

Through it all, I fail to understand why the formation of this bloc is such a big deal. Alright, so some alliances got together and formed a non-chaining defensive pact with a nifty theme, rules of internal conduct and the like. Woohoo. It's another bloc. Unless they go out and start swinging their weight like the Continuum did and actually making things happen rather than sit pretty and bulk up in the never-ending cold war that happens around here, not a thing has really occurred. Cool them, interesting grouping and certainly some possibilities for some stuff to go down in a new direction but until something [i]actually[/i] happens it's a lot of screaming about nothing.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286973375' post='2483527']
You mention Citadel and LEO but almost all of those alliances (all except Old Guard if I remember right) fought for Karma, not the Hegemony.
[/quote]
In the last major war before Karma, i.e. NoCB war, Citadel and LEO fought for Hegemony, not Polaris. Infact, elements within Citadel were pretty hawkish about pushing that war. Also, both Cit and LEO having at-least one member formally in the Hegemony itself. Q wasnt really a hegemony at the point of Karma having lost the support of the peripheral blocs in lead up to that. If relations of PB are okay with SF and CnG, PB remains the strongest political entity. Yes, Aztec, CnG and SF and PB dont have overlapping members but that isn't stopping PB from being the strongest political entity and arguably the strongest military upper tier. As long as the key ties remain firm, things are good for you, but boring as well.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1286979229' post='2483578']
In the last major war before Karma, i.e. NoCB war, Citadel and LEO fought for Hegemony, not Polaris. Infact, elements within Citadel were pretty hawkish about pushing that war. Also, both Cit and LEO having at-least one member formally in the Hegemony itself. Q wasnt really a hegemony at the point of Karma having lost the support of the peripheral blocs in lead up to that. If relations of PB are okay with SF and CnG, PB remains the strongest political entity. Yes, CnG and SF and PB dont have overlapping members but that isn't stopping PB from being the strongest political entity and arguably the strongest military upper tier.
[/quote]

I disagree, GPA's upper tier has us beat.

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286979457' post='2483581']
I don't think you understood what Shaneshah said there[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Are you surprised? :mellow:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1286979597' post='2483586']
Are you surprised? :mellow:
[/quote]

Nope, not surprised that two of the underdeveloped rulers on this board missed the obvious joke.

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='Smooth' timestamp='1286977689' post='2483558']
I doubt they'd knock out a threat. We're pretty prepared for war in PB.
[/quote]
No man, we are ill prepared nubs and fond of our pixels.

Please attack us!

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1286979710' post='2483589']
Nope, not surprised that two of the 'less developed' rulers on this board missed the obvious joke.
[/quote]

Oh hey, we all can ninja edit too.

You're original post was

[quote]I agree, GPA's top tier has us beat[/quote]

Also when ppl disagree with you or call you out, its always best to throw out insults like "less developed" It show you're right, [i]always. [/i]Posting anything with real substance just shows weakness and lying. [/sarcasm]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286979956' post='2483592']
Also when ppl disagree with you or call you out, its always best to throw out insults like "less developed" It show you're right, [i]always. [/i]Posting anything with real substance just shows weakness and lying. [/sarcasm]
[/quote]

I don't need to post things to show that I'm right. If being on the same side as Alterego, RV, Schatt, and Rayvon is right to you, then maybe you have an inverted sense of what the words right and wrong are.

I said GPA's upper tier is the strongest in the game, a humorous way to comment on shah's decent post. You then made a snippy comment, but it's ok, I won't hold it against you. Rayvon, however, being the underdeveloped ruler he is, couldn't wait to take a little shot at me, which is fine, it isn't fair to bash rulers incapable of defending themselves.

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1286980628' post='2483599']
Rayvon, Goldie;

Declare on eachother and get it over with. :ehm:
[/quote]

I'd be more than happy, however I've still got some growth to recover from the last batch of nukes Viridia sent me via Seth and Tigerdonia.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1286980524' post='2483595']
lol - now, bring in some uninformed [OOC], and we'll be about on par to our last direct encounter.
[/quote]

[OOC]I am uninformed of your OOC, because I don't care about people's OOC, so I don't recall when, how, or why, we ever had a direct encounter that revolved around 'uninformed OOC'.[/OOC]

Your status as a nation ruler is pretty garbage though so if I was going to attack you it'd probably be based on that. Pandora's Box is made up of the finest alliances in CN, that you don't see eye to eye with it, its formation, and its leaders like me is fine, because it isn't there to please you, only to unite great friends into a great bloc.

[quote name='Jakome' timestamp='1286975990' post='2483542']
Quit trying to turn the #stratego logs around on us. It was you and you're bunch who sat there trying to manufacture cbs against GOONS. So please quit trying to play the victim.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I was not trying to manufacture a CB. Others were, yes, but I was not. Also, I am not trying to play the victim, as you are correct, we were planning for a possible war. However, you are incorrect in that the logs mean nothing to you. The logs revealed the names of many enemies you know you had, yes, but some you were not expecting. To say you would not attack an alliance if given a chance due to their participation in said conversation is a blatant lie which I am simply hoping to dispel.[/color]