The Best Friend an Alliance Could Have

LeonidasRexII

The Best Treaty Partner  

687 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's been a lot of talk lately of who stands by which treaty. That along with the impressive (if somewhat heavy handed) reaction of several friends of GOONS to their UOKMB problem prompted this question. Which of these alliances is best at holding up their end of treaty agreements?

The top 16 alliances along with 9 other Top 40 alliances were chosen for this poll. If you feel that a particularly stalwart alliance has been left out let us know.

Edited by LeonidasRexII

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1284079660' post='2448242']
Null vote. None of the neutrals should be up there because they don't bleedin' [i]have[/i] treaties to honour! :laugh:
[/quote]

True, but how do they hold up to their ideals then? Even though the neutrals are 'paperless' their level of commitment can still be judged. The word treaty is in the poll because 99% of Planet Bob has them.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1284080091' post='2448251']
True, but how do they hold up to their ideals then? Even though the neutrals are 'paperless' their level of commitment can still be judged. The word treaty is in the poll because 99% of Planet Bob has them.
[/quote]
Except for Neutrals... unless you are counting Declarations of Neutrality, which you really shouldn't since all you have to do to uphold that is, quite literally, nothing.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1284080090' post='2448250']
GOD... actually, if I'm going to start listing alliances, it's going to take a while. You're really missing quite a few major ones, and a number of alliances listed (most notably the neutrals) shouldn't be up there.
[/quote]

*ooc - Polls only allow 25 answers

Like you said it would take quite a while to list all deserving alliances so post who you think is best, or start another poll covering the alliances that were "missed".

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1284079959' post='2448247']
Good sir, why isn't The Phoenix Federation on this list?
[/quote]

I refer you to the Karma War and [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Coalition_of_Cowards"]this[/url].

I would say MK but there are a few other alliances in CnG that would be "the best friend an alliance could have."

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1284079959' post='2448247']
Good sir, why isn't The Phoenix Federation on this list?
[/quote]

Don't really know that much about them. Why don't you tell us why they should be on it?

There's precious few alliances that are truly worthy of the notion of being a friend even unto death, and the absence of one of them on this poll does them a grave disservice. The Imperial Assault Alliance fought for the Global Alliance until the point came for them to disband, forever earning a lasting admiration from us. I could ask for no better group of friends and even now, I am humbled by the memory.

The Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations and United Sovereign Nations are also alliances worthy of inclusion, as they chose to honor their treaties to enter the same war, despite facing overwhelming odds and certain defeat. The CSN was honoring the cancellation clause at the time and the USN came in on behalf of CSN. Both are, as IAA, true to their word and worth every ounce of respect I hold for that.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1284080521' post='2448260']
I'm sorry but this list seriously falls apart without us >_>
[/quote]

I agree, WTF's out and you're in. Nothing wrong with WTF mind you, but GOD obviously has some strong support and there's been several suggestions that neutrals shouldn't have been included.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1284081954' post='2448288']
I agree, WTF's out and you're in. Nothing wrong with WTF mind you, but GOD obviously has some strong support and there's been several suggestions that neutrals shouldn't have been included.
[/quote]
WTF actually isn't a true neutral, I think they have a PIAT here and there.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1284079369' post='2448239']
There's been a lot of talk lately of who stands by which treaty. That along with the impressive (if somewhat heavy handed) reaction of several friends of GOONS to their UOKMB problem prompted this question. Which of these alliances is best at holding up their end of treaty agreements?

The top 16 alliances along with 9 other Top 40 alliances were chosen for this poll. If you feel that a particularly stalwart alliance has been left out let us know.
[/quote]
should be multiple choice

But of those listed id say MK or perhaps iFOK

Edited by wickedj

I voted TOP, although I couldn't help but notice you didn't include NSO who I would strongly consider. A lot of those alliance don't even come to mind when I consider alliances who are always good to their friends, rather than just opportunists who are friends when things are going for good for an 'ally' but cancel if things look bad or they need help.