We're Not Treatied But We're Still Friends

Un4Gvn1

United Purple Nations and the Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics have enjoyed 16 months of comaraderie and friendship illustrated by The Phobos Accords treaty. The time has come to lay The Phobos Accords to rest but FEAR and UPN shall always be friends.
We, in the UPN, respect FEAR and we know she shall have an excellent future.
[center]
[center]
[/center][/center][center][img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/92/200pxupnsvg.png[/img] [img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Choryo/fearsmall.png[/img]
[left]
For UPN:
Prime Minister, Peggy_Sue
Chancellor (retired), Warlord Nazrag
Tribune, DonVox

For FEAR:
Grand Chancellor, CodArk2
Internal Chancellor, Mad Larkin
External Chancellor, CBray

[/left] [/center]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to echo the statement given by Peggy Sue, although we may no longer have a legal tie on paper, we still consider them to be good friends and wish UPN all the best in the future. Don't be strangers :)

Edit: Damn you Muddog, getting in there before me :P

Edited by CBray

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283978337' post='2446873']
Or not.
Is it such a strange concept that friends hold treaties?
[/quote]

You are correct, Andre. The events of the war earlier this year and all that came after caused this to be an incredibly difficult decision. We love FEAR.
Realistically, though, FEAR and UPN are on differing paths at the moment and we did our part to help clear up the treaty web just a little.

Cancelling a treaty with a true friend is something I hope to never have to do again.

o/ FEAR

[quote name='CBray' timestamp='1283977828' post='2446859']
I'd like to echo the statement given by Peggy Sue, although we may no longer have a legal tie on paper, we still consider them to be good friends and wish UPN all the best in the future. Don't be strangers :)

Edit: Damn you Muddog, getting in there before me :P
[/quote]
I recommend to get a lock on your fridge, unless you like a empty fridge...

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1283978527' post='2446878']
You are correct, Andre. The events of the war earlier this year and all that came after caused this to be an incredibly difficult decision. We love FEAR.
Realistically, though, FEAR and UPN are on differing paths at the moment and we did our part to help clear up the treaty web just a little.

Cancelling a treaty with a true friend is something I hope to never have to do again.

o/ FEAR
[/quote]

Also known as "We never intended to defend you before, so now we are just canceling it so we don't have to say no to you"

Better to have no treaty than a treaty you won't honor I suppose.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1283978527' post='2446878']
[/quote]

Does UPN even have a path or a rudder to guide them?

While im not usually one to cause drama or even post on these boards, this cancellation sits ill with me. The idea of canceling because we're two treaties (non chaining) away from someone you dont like is weak at best, add in the fact that this "relationship" with this unspoken alliance has never once been brought up as a concern with us or the fact that back in karma we made it clear that we did not like said alliance, but still entered karma on behalf of them because of UPNs treaty with them (guess you liked them back then) and it becomes downright insulting.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1283978644' post='2446883']
I recommend to get a lock on your fridge, unless you like a empty fridge...
[/quote]

We always have fully stocked fridges with all kinds of beers, mainly European though, I insisted :P

(Mutzig is the main Lager of choice)

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1283981805' post='2446931']
So, instead of ignoring treaties to not join in wars you can't win, you intend to cancel them beforehand. I guess that's a step in the right direction.
[/quote]
I tend to think of it as a positive trend. I assume it was UPN who initiated this chain of events, and will commend them for exercising their sovereignty the way they say fit, instead of going along with the flow.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1283979461' post='2446896']
Also known as "We never intended to defend you before, so now we are just canceling it so we don't have to say no to you"

Better to have no treaty than a treaty you won't honor I suppose.
[/quote]

You are ill informed of our FA. If you'd like to know more you know where to find me for a chat.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1283979558' post='2446899']
LOL! :wub:

Nothing of value was lost here, carry on
[/quote]

Nothing of value was said here, carry on.

[quote name='Hakim' timestamp='1283980623' post='2446913']
Does UPN even have a path or a rudder to guide them?
[/quote]

You are welcome to find me on IRC and talk, if you have an interest in knowing the facts of our FA path.

[quote name='ClashCityRocker' timestamp='1283980769' post='2446916']
While im not usually one to cause drama or even post on these boards, this cancellation sits ill with me. The idea of canceling because we're two treaties (non chaining) away from someone you dont like is weak at best, add in the fact that this "relationship" with this unspoken alliance has never once been brought up as a concern with us or the fact that back in karma we made it clear that we did not like said alliance, but still entered karma on behalf of them because of UPNs treaty with them (guess you liked them back then) and it becomes downright insulting.
[/quote]
Clash, what you have said is true for 2009. The realities of the changes we're seeing in 2010 caused, in large part, by the fact UPN sat out the second part of the Polar/m war, have caused us to make a firm FA stance and do what we must to get where we need to be.
I never, ever, want to see UPN sit on the fence again; with that goal in mind I have worked these last 5 months to set our treaty house in order. Cancelling on FEAR was the last and the hardest decision we had to make. I am truely sorry you feel insulted.

UPN will not again tell an ally that we can't or won't go in to a war to support them.

[quote name='lionheart' timestamp='1283978711' post='2446884']
Congrats FEAR for loosing some dead weight.
[/quote]
I have to remember that a GOD poster said this.

It's sorta weird to see this, but given all the changes at UPN in the past year, it makes sense. Still very strange though.