• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283783280' post='2443777']
it's still pretty much too early for any GOONS to be awake
[/quote]

That must either mean that they are really cool LA dudes or that they are smelly tramps who don't get out of their sweaty pit before noon.

I wonder which it is?

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283782576' post='2443768']
On the definition of a Alliance, UOKMB fits it.

They are a group of nations unified for a common cause, just like any other alliance. Just because the cause is different to the norm does not make it not so. Also just because it states in your alliance charter that only certain number of people can be classified as a alliance, do not try to portray that as the norm and justify the reasoning of some actions.

Though from now on I would say for both sides to stop posturing and bickering and fight it out with some dignity.
[/quote]
You have your definition of an alliance and we have ours. If you disagree my answer is the same as always: do something about it.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283783806' post='2443787']
You have your definition of an alliance and we have ours. If you disagree my answer is the same as always: do something about it.
[/quote]

Are you fit then?

We could hook up, talk about sex and cybernations, what a cracking first date we could have.

Of course, i'd then ride you home like seabiscuit.

[quote name='thewave' timestamp='1283784041' post='2443792']
Are you fit then?

We could hook up, talk about sex and cybernations, what a cracking first date we could have.

Of course, i'd then ride you home like seabiscuit.
[/quote]
That's kind of funny.

You should join GOONS.

[quote name='thewave' timestamp='1283780060' post='2443734']
Anyway, far too many of you have beards and glasses and need to get out more, thank god I didn't find this forum earlier.
[/quote]
I am a half-blind Viking who needs to get out more.... spooky.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283780075' post='2443735']
My mistake, i mixed things up after you mentioned 12 as the size limit used by Umbrella to define an alliance.

Nevertheless, i am debating this as a matter of principle.
During an alliance war sanctions should not be used in the first place and to request sanctions when the numbers are clearly stacked in GOONS favour is downright ridiculous.

Edit: Note that i still define this as an alliance war and not a bunch of rogues.
[/quote]
A mistake is a mistake, that's fine. However, you already said you a 1-man alliance is basically just a rogue, where do you draw the line though? If I brought a buddy, would we still be rogues or a 2-man alliance fighting an alliance war?

I'll just leave this here.

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Mayjack. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Jainism
Desired Government: Monarchy
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 53
Last Nuke Purchase: 9/2/2010 4:18:53 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 8/26/2010
[b]Total Money: $56,364,333[/b]
Technology: 2,092.69 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 9/6/2010 2:36:52 AM
Trade Partners: None
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 95
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 765
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 90
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
# Corvettes: 1
# Landing Ships: 7
# Battleships: 3
# Cruisers: 2
# Frigates: 6
# Destroyers: 2
# Submarines: 6
# Aircraft Carriers: 6
Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.[/quote]

This is the results of their two months of preparation. We should surrender immediately.

[quote name='Yarbles' timestamp='1283787760' post='2443850']
I think the fact that people are tech raiding your "alliance" during an "alliance war" speaks volumes. :lol1:
[/quote]
Which reminds me, I subbed out war slots to all our allies. Most of them jumped eagerly. Some even came asking if they could have some slots. I think UOKMB underestimates the degree to which GOONS and our allies would like to fight.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm late to the chat party. Been kinda busy having fun on CN, warring and all that.

The goons have brought this on themselves, really. Their raiding habits made them high profile, and it was a certainity when they nuked one of us. Contrary to percieved opinion, we didn't form our Alliance with the express wish to war on goons. We did form it to have a bit of fun and fight a few wars, but initially, goons were not a target. There was no target at the start. We had a chat about it, and really, goons just seemed to pick themselves due to their history....

I reckon we've out-gooned the goons - treated them as they've treated so many other nations in CN.

It's just silly to say we're not an Alliance. We are. But hey, if another 4 or 5 players want to join us to make up the numbers to an arbitary amount to keep people happy, then we'll welcome them.

We're not roques, we're scamps. Loveable roques, at worst.

[quote name='KingMinornut' timestamp='1283787949' post='2443852']
You think we actually care about the end result?
[/quote]

Your DOW shows that you're doing your best to be taken seriously. I'm just pointing out that people aren't doing that.

[quote name='KingMinornut' timestamp='1283787949' post='2443852']
You think we actually care about the end result?
[/quote]

From the way you shed delicious tears about the way we choose to wage war?

Yeah, I kinda do.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283787500' post='2443844']
A mistake is a mistake, that's fine. However, you already said you a 1-man alliance is basically just a rogue, where do you draw the line though? If I brought a buddy, would we still be rogues or a 2-man alliance fighting an alliance war?
[/quote]

A bit more shady that one.Most alliances would still consider that a rogue action.
Determining where to draw a line as to what is an alliance is tricky.

E.g. the Prism Protection Front (a 1-man alliance) is generally accepted as being an alliance. However many would not consider 5 friends using the same AA tag as being an alliance.

UOKMB however has been around for two months with that AA and has internal organisation to some degree. From my point of view that makes them an alliance

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283788024' post='2443853']
I think UOKMB underestimates the degree to which GOONS and our allies would like to fight.
[/quote]

8hrs later and 8 slots are used, one of those from a raider.

I think you're underestimating just how many infra huggers you have.

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283767752' post='2443602']
To be clear, this is a UOKMB war with Goons.

You can have my 3m but that's where our association with Nexus ends.
[/quote]

I find it hilarious that an alliance of rogues don't want to be associated with Nexus.

Probably a good move, I wouldn't want to be connected to Methrage either.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283766159' post='2443580']
I see 8 rouges that will be handled accordingly. Have fun GOONS.
[/quote]

More sanctions? If so, you should be aware that a fair number of alliances consider an 8 nation alliance a "true" alliance, and not a rogue anything. Have fun explaining it.

FYI: I don't think that UOKMB has a snow ball's chance in hell. It's another silly waste of resources going after GOONS in this manner.