UOKMB declares war with Goons

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1283800246' post='2444177']
People complain that there is nothing happening on Planet Bob, and then when a clearly active and feisty 8 man group gathers up the courage to act on a legitimate CB against a 300 man alliance, knowing that there will be only destruction in it for them, nearly everyone of any political significance rushes to label them as rogues and discredit them. And yet, they stand by themselves against the entire power structure, having a good time and not caring (even if they aren't terribly competent nationbuilders). Even stridently anti-raiding nation rulers like Bob Janova comparatively mute themselves here out of what appears at first glance to be nothing more than deference and subservience to the prevailing social/power structure.

To me, rogues are single nations or small groups of nations who launch wars without a CB. This particular small group of nations has a CB for their war - an unprovoked attack followed by an unprovoked nuclear first strike on one of their number. It is one thing to raid a nation, but it is entirely another to nuke it unprovoked and then declare it and its fellows "rogue" for retaliating. All of you here together are building your world. Do you truly want to be the architects of a world where the weak are demonized for daring to retaliate against the strong for unprovoked aggression?
[/quote]
They are not an alliance, therefore, they have no proper CB.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I don't totally agree with the sanctions either (mostly because it makes this war less fun) but UOKMB seems to have gotten over them, so why can't the peanut gallery?

People complain that there is nothing happening on Planet Bob, and then when a clearly active and feisty 8 man group gathers up the courage to act on a legitimate CB against a 300 man alliance, knowing that there will be only destruction in it for them, nearly everyone of any political significance rushes to label them as rogues and discredit them. And yet, they stand by themselves against the entire power structure, having a good time and not caring (even if they aren't terribly competent nationbuilders). Even stridently anti-raiding nation rulers like Bob Janova comparatively mute themselves here out of what appears at first glance to be nothing more than deference and subservience to the prevailing social/power structure.

To me, rogues are single nations or small groups of nations who launch wars without a CB. This particular small group of nations has a CB for their war - an unprovoked attack followed by an unprovoked nuclear first strike on one of their number. It is one thing to raid a nation, but it is entirely another to nuke it unprovoked and then declare it and its fellows "rogue" for retaliating. All of you here together are building your world. Do you truly want to be the architects of a world where the weak are demonized for daring to retaliate against the strong for unprovoked aggression?
[/quote]
Expect of course for the fact that they mention in the OP that their plan all along was to go nuclear rogue on us and one of our members raiding them as they built up was not the reason.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283800358' post='2444183']
I'm outside right now by my pool while I dictate this post to a bikini model as her twin sister rubs cocoa butter into my rock hard abs. And I still have time to burn you guys.

You best step up your game lest you be left pulped in my wake.
[/quote]

To be perfectly honest I am envious of your poolside bikini model lifestyle, but not of your imagination.
You see in your position, and with your abs, I would have poolside quadruplets and they would be wearing nothing but an excited, yet slightly fearfull expression and the cocoa butter would merely be used as lubrication for those harder to reach places. I find it strange that you would choose to play cybernations in that cicumstance!

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283799813' post='2444162']
Two things:
1. You finally admit that you're dealing with an alliance here.
2. I still believe the use of sanctions has no place in an alliance war. Poor show.[/quote]
Just because one of our members uses the word "alliance" doesn't mean GOONS suddenly considers something an alliance. Especially if that person isn't even a gov member. We often even use the word in quotes, or ironically.

I myself sometimes slip up and use the terms "alliance" and "AA" interchangeably without thinking about it. Just because I accidentally use the word "alliance" when I refer to something doesn't mean that's an official stance of GOONS that they're a real alliance. If I said you were a duck that doesn't mean you're officially a duck.

Sorry, but trying to catch us in the act of using a word haphazardly doesn't cement your stance. Our official stance is that neither this AA nor the one Methrage belongs to are a real alliance. You can quote as many GOONS using the word "alliance" incorrectly as you want and it won't make a difference other than to nitpick on our choice of vocabulary.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1283800455' post='2444186']
They are not an alliance, therefore, they have no proper CB.
[/quote]

This is patently absurd. The notion that only an alliance can have a CB is like saying that only an alliance can be wronged, an individual player or a small group of nations cannot be wronged. If you were expelled from GOONS and perma-ZIed without cause I bet that you would beg to differ with that line of reasoning. ;)

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283800632' post='2444191']
To be perfectly honest I am envious of your poolside bikini model lifestyle, but not of your imagination.
You see in your position, and with your abs, I would have poolside quadruplets and they would be wearing nothing but an excited, yet slightly fearfull expression and the cocoa butter would merely be used as lubrication for those harder to reach places. I find it strange that you would choose to play cybernations in that cicumstance!
[/quote]Okay you caught me. I lied, it's not my pool. It's the country club's and they have a 2 bikini model limit. I swear I don't even know why I go there anymore. It's like a police state.

[/quote]

You clearly missed my posts where i condemn the sanctions and argue that sanctions have no place in an alliance war.

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1283800594' post='2444190']
Expect of course for the fact that they mention in the OP that their plan all along was to go nuclear rogue on us and one of our members raiding them as they built up was not the reason.
[/quote]

There seems to be a little confusion about that based on the statements made in the thread. I'll agree if that was the case that they are indeed rogues, but several of them are stating that was not the case and GOONS was not chosen as a strike target until the unprovoked nuclear first strike on UOKMB. Unfortunately, there is really no way of verifying which is true, but I would tend to take them at their word as they really have no reason to lie that I can fathom.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1283800768' post='2444195']
This is patently absurd. The notion that only an alliance can have a CB is like saying that only an alliance can be wronged, an individual player or a small group of nations cannot be wronged. If you were expelled from GOONS and perma-ZIed without cause I bet that you would beg to differ with that line of reasoning. ;)
[/quote]
[quote]Some time ago a small company of nations convened with a single goal; hurt Goons. And with that sole purpose UOKMB was born.[/quote]
Yeah. That's a real airtight CB right there.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1283800768' post='2444195']
[/quote]

[quote]Some time ago a small company of nations convened with a single goal; hurt Goons. And with that sole purpose UOKMB was born.[/quote]
I see no CB here.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283800828' post='2444198']
You clearly missed my posts where i condemn the sanctions and argue that sanctions have no place in an alliance war.
[/quote]

EDIT: meh a little too harsh even for former GGA leadership. XD

anyway I have made my point of view known, so I'll be taking my exit. have fun all in the war. :)

Edited by Londo Mollari

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1283800949' post='2444200']
Yeah. That's a real airtight CB right there.
[/quote]

You overlook the fact that GOONS are targeted for raiding/nuking one of their members.

What a wonderful situation to behold.

On the one side we have a small alliance of determined, like-minded individuals who are making every effort to fight a worthwhile cause...

On the other side we have a bleating maelstrom of lilly-white, cave dwelling, hominids who clearly use online gaming as a long-term substitute for non-deviant sexual activity in between binge-eating and then crying whilst kneeling by the toilet.

It's brilliant that GOONS are utterly shameless enough to instantly abuse the senate system for their own gain and to let a well ridden beef nag lead the propaganda in this forum. I don't think it would be possible to desperately shout any louder to try and convince everyone that you don't hate this situation and know outright that you absolutely deserve it for being disgusting little slugs.

This is great... and what's better is every hilarious excuse that GOONS make just makes them look stupider.

We're reaching new levels!

[quote name='Gorvid' timestamp='1283801051' post='2444205']
What a wonderful situation to behold.

On the one side we have a small alliance of determined, like-minded individuals who are making every effort to fight a worthwhile cause...

On the other side we have a bleating maelstrom of lilly-white, cave dwelling, hominids who clearly use online gaming as a long-term substitute for non-deviant sexual activity in between binge-eating and then crying whilst kneeling by the toilet.

It's brilliant that GOONS are utterly shameless enough to instantly abuse the senate system for their own gain and to let a well ridden beef nag lead the propaganda in this forum. I don't think it would be possible to desperately shout any louder to try and convince everyone that you don't hate this situation and know outright that you absolutely deserve it for being disgusting little slugs.

This is great... and what's better is every hilarious excuse that GOONS make just makes them look stupider.

We're reaching new levels!
[/quote]Tell us how you [i]really[/i] feel.