UOKMB declares war with Goons

[quote name='tanglerat' timestamp='1283788123' post='2443855']
Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm late to the chat party. Been kinda busy having fun on CN, warring and all that.

The goons have brought this on themselves, really. Their raiding habits made them high profile, and it was a certainity when they nuked one of us. Contrary to percieved opinion, we didn't form our Alliance with the express wish to war on goons. We did form it to have a bit of fun and fight a few wars, but initially, goons were not a target. There was no target at the start. We had a chat about it, and really, goons just seemed to pick themselves due to their history....

I reckon we've out-gooned the goons - treated them as they've treated so many other nations in CN.
[/quote]You speak like this is some great disaster for us. It isn't. We're gonna leverage this to get more attention from our non-competing comrades and increase our recruitment. No matter how much damage you do to us, we're gonna come out with a net gain and you're going to be ashes.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283788498' post='2443862']
8hrs later and 8 slots are used, one of those from a raider.

I think you're underestimating just how many infra huggers you have.
[/quote]

I have little love for GOONS, but the term "infra hugger" does not apply there.
They love to prey on unaligned nations and micro alliances, but infra huggers they're not.

[quote name='tanglerat' timestamp='1283788123' post='2443855']
Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm late to the chat party. Been kinda busy having fun on CN, warring and all that.

The goons have brought this on themselves, really. Their raiding habits made them high profile, and it was a certainity when they nuked one of us. Contrary to percieved opinion, we didn't form our Alliance with the express wish to war on goons. We did form it to have a bit of fun and fight a few wars, but initially, goons were not a target. There was no target at the start. We had a chat about it, and really, goons just seemed to pick themselves due to their history....

I reckon we've out-gooned the goons - treated them as they've treated so many other nations in CN.

It's just silly to say we're not an Alliance. We are. But hey, if another 4 or 5 players want to join us to make up the numbers to an arbitary amount to keep people happy, then we'll welcome them.

We're not roques, we're scamps. Loveable roques, at worst.
[/quote]
I will cherish this post forever.

"The goons have brought this upon themselves." What we brought upon ourselves is a very active IRC channel for being so early in the day (it's not even noon yet), and tons of people complaining that they aren't in range yet. What we brought upon ourselves is all our allies excitedly jumping at the chance to war someone, and asking if they can step in.

"we didn't form our Alliance with the express wish to war on goons." You say this in complete contradiction to the OP. Good job changing the story.

"I reckon we've out-gooned the goons" This one I'm going to keep under my pillow. Besides the laughable claim, it's also funny you're allegedly warring us for injustice and then claiming on day one -- hour eight -- of the war that you're winning and you've outdone us at being us. You've become what you hate? In that case, hopefully justice comes your way!

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283788531' post='2443864']
More sanctions? If so, you should be aware that a fair number of alliances consider an 8 nation alliance a "true" alliance, and not a rogue anything. Have fun explaining it.

FYI: I don't think that UOKMB has a snow ball's chance in hell. It's another silly waste of resources going after GOONS in this manner.
[/quote]

Really ChairmanHal, why should Xavii have to explain anything because of someone elses standards?

All that matters in this case, are the standards of Umbrella.

Edited by Lairek

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283775175' post='2443661']
Be careful, I might just declare GATO a rogue alliance.
[/quote]
Oh, Black team. How I've missed you...

Oh wait. No I haven't.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283776205' post='2443679']
If you want go to war with a bigger alliance who will declare you a rogue no matter how many good reasons you have, do your homework, secret trades exist for a reason.
[/quote]
Or, just stay off of Black.

The problem with calling them rogues isn't really so much their numbers. It's more their CB. They're attacking GOONS because GOONS nuked one of their members. In what world does defending yourself against a nuclear attack make you a rogue?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283789086' post='2443871']
What we brought upon ourselves is a very active IRC channel for being so early in the day (it's not even noon yet), and tons of people complaining that they aren't in range yet. What we brought upon ourselves is all our allies excitedly jumping at the chance to war someone, and asking if they can step in.[/quote]

8hrs, 8 slots including a raider.

Less talky, more fighty, please.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283789408' post='2443876']
The problem with calling them rogues isn't really so much their numbers. It's more their CB. They're attacking GOONS because GOONS nuked one of their members. In what world does defending yourself against a nuclear attack make you a rogue?
[/quote]
The problem is you aren't looking from our perspective. GOONS standard is that 15+ is an alliance. Umbrella's is 12+. To us, they never have been and still aren't an alliance. They aren't big enough, nor do they have any sort of treaties or allies. They're 8 people and that's it. They weren't an alliance when we raided them, and they still aren't.

Maybe you consider them an alliance, but you aren't the one fighting them so it doesn't matter what you think.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283789086' post='2443871']
I will cherish this post forever.

[/quote]

GOod for you.
I know what that means to you beardy glassy types.
It means you will dress yourself up in your homemade nuclear weapon costume and your inflatable girlfriend up as Tanglerat and give it one whilst screaming "Had it coming did I??????" at the vinegar strokes, pretty much every night forever.
Meanwhile, the rest of us will not even remember this game as its just a bit dull.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283789537' post='2443880']
The problem is you aren't looking from our perspective. GOONS standard is that 15+ is an alliance. Umbrella's is 12+. To us, they never have been and still aren't an alliance. They aren't big enough, nor do they have any sort of treaties or allies. They're 8 people and that's it. They weren't an alliance when we raided them, and they still aren't.

Maybe you consider them an alliance, but you aren't the one fighting them so it doesn't matter what you think.
[/quote]
So what are they then, if not an alliance? Eight completely unrelated nations, one of which got nuked by GOONS first and will presumably get sanctioned on Black for retaliating?

Edited by Haflinger

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1283789921' post='2443888']
It speaks volumes about your inability to get your own nations on them, sure.
[/quote]
GOONS already own over half the slots. We're letting our friends join in. And it's still not even noon yet. And I should still remind everyone that GOONS is mostly bottom-heavy. The majority of our alliance is below 20k.

Also, it's as if none of you ever heard of quadding.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283790335' post='2443899']
GOONS already own over half the slots. We're letting our friends join in. And it's still not even noon yet. And I should still remind everyone that GOONS is mostly bottom-heavy. The majority of our alliance is below 20k.

[/quote]

what has riding a four wheel all terrain vehicle got to do with this?

NERD

NERD

NERD

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283789953' post='2443889']
GOod for you.
I know what that means to you beardy glassy types.
It means you will dress yourself up in your homemade nuclear weapon costume and your inflatable girlfriend up as Tanglerat and give it one whilst screaming "Had it coming did I??????" at the vinegar strokes, pretty much every night forever.
Meanwhile, the rest of us will not even remember this game as its just a bit dull.
[/quote]

ffs bsr, you're almost as sick an individual as thewave! I may have mentioned that fact to you before this.

Pass the mind-bleach, I want that image removed from my head.

Can everyone stop talking about whether we're an alliance or not? It's really boring.

If Goons and Xavii say we're not an alliance, so be it.

If they feel it necessary to sanction us, so be it.

We cocked up by not setting everyone on grey before attacking. Ho hum.

We want a war. Beefseabiscuit keeps telling me they're chomping at the bit to attack us.

Either !@#$ or get off the pot.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283790188' post='2443894']
So what are they then, if not an alliance? Eight completely unrelated nations, one of which got nuked by GOONS first and will presumably get sanctioned on Black for retaliating?
[/quote]

Why, rogue nations of course. Rogue nations armed with nuclear weapons even.

GOONS already own over half the slots. We're letting our friends join in.
[/quote]

Even you must realise that's a rubbish excuse.

First you bemoan the fact we're only 8 nations and everyone in Goons wants a piece. Now you're saying you're giving friends a chance to join in?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1283790294' post='2443898']
Because IRON is certainly the standard by which to judge military ability.
[/quote]
bla bla insert random AA potshot here bla bla

[/quote]
I know that you are bottom heavy and that it would be harder for you to respond to the threat. Look at the post I was responding to, though. He seems to think that because tech raiders are hitting the rogues, it somehow looks bad for them.