September STA Press Conference

pezstar

Welcome to the September STA Press Conference. This is the place where you can ask any and all Siberian Tiger Alliance related questions, and receive frank, honest answers from our alliance government. We have no announcements to make this month, and Tyga is making our weekly updates again.

Ask away!

o/ Roque

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1283568334' post='2441026']
What are STA's current goals?
[/quote]

To deepen our relationships with our allies. That's mine, at least. Tyga very well may have some goals to share. We are a very reactive alliance, rather than being a proactive one. I think that several of us would like to change that.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1283568492' post='2441030']
What does STA think of Bernkastel now being head of FA in The Imperial Order?
[/quote]

I honestly have no idea who that is.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1283570715' post='2441068']
If you could see any non-sanctioned alliance other than STA be sanctioned, who would it be and why.
[/quote]

There probably isn't an official STA answer to this one. I can answer for myself. NV. Those guys are a solid, awesome group and deserve the sort of recognition that comes with a sanction.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283571202' post='2441078']
How boring is NpO private channel? :P
[/quote]

Less boring than STA's private channel.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283572473' post='2441097']
[color="#0000FF"]Anything to say about GOONS?[/color]
[/quote]

We recently discussed how, when they recreated the alliance, they proclaimed it to be completely different than the last incarnation. I'm still waiting to see how.

[quote name='orangbaik' timestamp='1283613503' post='2441402']
when is white sphere united?
[/quote]

Always, we stand as one against bad houmors.

Q: How many Siberian Kittuahs does it take to change a light bulb?
A: 1, do you have a problem with that?

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1283579325' post='2441182']
What are some characteristics that you would like to have represent STA?
[/quote]

Honesty, loyalty and integrity.

[quote='Thaone']
How do you see STA's role in the wider political arena?

Do you feel the need to be the moral benchmark, like in the \m/ situation or your usual more passive attitude and by extent of that seeing where your allies get you in?
[/quote]

Not sure we really consider the wider political arena. We do what we believe to be right, speak out against that we believe to be wrong and assist our allies when they need us. What waves that does or does not create in the larger political arena is largely immaterial to us.

[quote='orangbaik']
when is white sphere united?
[/quote]

Depends what you mean by united. If you mean we all share the same politics then that is never going to happen and I do not see it as necessary for a functioning trade sphere. The white team operates nicely as it is so I'd say for all operation purposes it is united.

[quote='Remox']
Why is STA so awesome?
[/quote]

Aww shucks.. :blush:

[quote='BlkAK47_002']
What's your view of the economic terrorism that is being carried out on the red sphere at the moment?
[/quote]

Not being on the red team I'm not familiar with the goings on there so my view is...what economic terrorism?

[quote='Scorponok']
When would STA predict the next war/global war and who would be the main parties involved?
[/quote]

When one of the power blocs decides they have enough behind them to win. I'm guessing it'll be SF/C&G vs remnants of the Continuum and allies at some point..

Okay, fair question here I hope. I think the STA is one of the more interested alliances out there, but you ((and you knew there was going to be a but, didn't you? But, you know, and by you I mean all of you, whoever you may be, since you, (probably most directed to STA members but also to anyone reading since this is a common thing, you know there always is some negative follow-up question where someone starts talking to you with a generally positive open statement..but then comes the [b]but-bomb[/b])) most likely see the STA as still being guided by the strong, or even inspired, personalities/monarchical-type model. Do you see this as a problem?

If yes, how? Any ideas how to deal with that to make not only the STA, but every other alliance with the same leadership challenges, continually viable or eveb stronger? If no, why not?

Also, do you find it troubling that are illiteracy and basic graemmar fail rates seem to be increasing with time?

faek edit: I really don't know why I hit post since I have only a very vague idea of what it is I am asking; but, and I mean this in the non butt way, maybe some very tiny part of this will make since and I will be embiareassed in the AM sense I probably should take my chair and try to rest a bit or so. :(

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283666256' post='2442301']
Okay, fair question here I hope. I think the STA is one of the more interested alliances out there, but you ((and you knew there was going to be a but, didn't you? But, you know, and by you I mean all of you, whoever you may be, since you, (probably most directed to STA members but also to anyone reading since this is a common thing, you know there always is some negative follow-up question where someone starts talking to you with a generally positive open statement..but then comes the [b]but-bomb[/b])) most likely see the STA as still being guided by the strong, or even inspired, personalities/monarchical-type model. Do you see this as a problem? [/quote]

No, it has worked for almost 4 years so I don't really see our government structure as a problem or a weakness. Quite the opposite.

[quote]
If yes, how? Any ideas how to deal with that to make not only the STA, but every other alliance with the same leadership challenges, continually viable or eveb stronger? If no, why not?
[/quote]

I answered no so no need to answer this. I'll come back to you with a question though. What gives you the opinion the STA needs to change and is becoming inviable?

[quote]
Also, do you find it troubling that are illiteracy and basic graemmar fail rates seem to be increasing with time?
[/quote]

The increase in irony is really compensating for any troubles caused by increased levels of illiteracy.