Best and Worst Military Alliances (2010 Edition)

Batallion

882 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283118302' post='2435019']
Their treaties demanded they enter. If you posted a notice of neutrality then you were attacked then you might have a point.
[/quote]That's just, like, your opinion, man.

"imo mk will enter. we can assume they'll do something we dont like in future and attack them for it. it wont matter if we win, noone will care"

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been as though it's a military poll of 2010, I would have expected Aircastle to have maybe gotten a mention. The way the coordinated their nation growth was impressive, however I'm not too sure on their performance.

Also how did you miss Asgaard off? During the TOP/C&G war they were #3 in offensive wars declared, #12 defensive wars and #7 total wars per nation. Even if they had completely sucked, they should have atleast got a mention for their willingness.

It's a bit of a peculiar poll. If it's just supposed to be militaries who have fought in 2010, the poll options need to be pared down. If the question, "Who in the year 2010 appears to be the best militarily?" then the poll is okay, I suppose.

[quote name='De Caelo Missus' timestamp='1283120541' post='2435046']
Been as though it's a military poll of 2010, I would have expected Aircastle to have maybe gotten a mention. The way the coordinated their nation growth was impressive, however I'm not too sure on their performance.

Also how did you miss Asgaard off? During the TOP/C&G war they were #3 in offensive wars declared, #12 defensive wars and #7 total wars per nation. Even if they had completely sucked, they should have atleast got a mention for their willingness.
[/quote]

Oh hey.

Aircastle vanished into thin air.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1283113640' post='2434902']
DAWN's military prowess? Like their 150k NS nation having a 20m warchest? Pretty amazing.
[/quote]

Now that's very disappointing thing to hear for any MoD.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1283120685' post='2435049']
It's a bit of a peculiar poll. If it's just supposed to be militaries who have fought in 2010, the poll options need to be pared down. [b]If the question, "Who in the year 2010 appears to be the best militarily?" then the poll is okay, I suppose.[/b]
[/quote]

True. However, best would still be Umbrella, and worse would probably still be MHA.

[quote name='steviewonder' timestamp='1283120627' post='2435048']
How the hell are Valhalla ahead of NpO?

Winner here is MK, loser is Legion/THE UNDEFEATED
[/quote]

Because, from my personal experience, NpO's military is completely fail.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1283120759' post='2435051']
Oh hey.

Aircastle vanished into thin air.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.thetoque.com/images/stories/david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg[/img]

[i][size="6"]YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH[/size][/I].

I can't decide between Umbrella and Nordreich. There are alliances with larger militaries and ones that are capable of dishing out more damage, but pound for pound, these are the best I've seen.

Can't recall any stagger slips, def5 attacks, or any other common newb errors. Both alliances were very professional as well as courteous. Both had high levels of skill.

Umbrella has some truly fantastic fighters. When we fought them, they were well-prepared, active, & coordinated well with each other and with their allies (Kronos). They made excellent use of tactics at the alliance level as well as individual levels. They also have the ability to cover upper tiers rather nicely.

Nordreich though...

We've fought some really good alliances, and I have NEVER seen such coordination as Nordreich showed. :hivemind: It was consistent through all the tiers, even the lower ones. In addition, they didn't let up & get bored after fighting for a while, & their next waves were just as fresh & fierce as their initial ones. They were relentless, precise, and still had time to exchange banter & all that.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1283114290' post='2434927']
As mentioned in the OP, Asgaard has never really fought and shown themselves as great fighters, so no one really knows you guys well enough. Also, Argent performed very poorly last war, I didn't add them in for great reason.
[/quote]

2010 edition... read your own poll

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283111521' post='2434850']
MK will probably win because of the number of brown nosers who vote for them
[/quote]
This would be hilarious if it wasn't soo true.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1283110491' post='2434829']
P.S. Some alliances have been left out of the polls because of lack of experience in combat. Furthermore, New Sith Order was not included because New Pacific Order is a bigger, better version. Hence it's nonsensical to put them in.
[/quote]
Actually my first choice was NSO but since they weren't on the list I voted for TOP, after them would have been MK then STA, then IRON followed by Polaris. I don't think Pacifica should be on the list because we haven't fought any wars this year.

After NSO's recent scuffle I'd definitley say they're a competent fighting force.

My personal choices:

Best is New Pacific Order for intensive training to their members and a long history of fighting large, long wars, which in turn gives them a lot of experience. There are also countless other reasons, but I'm too lazy to type it out.

Worst is Wolfpack, as everybody should already know...

P.S. Some alliances have been left out of the polls because of lack of experience in combat. Furthermore, New Sith Order was not included because New Pacific Order is a bigger, better version. Hence it's nonsensical to put them in.
[/quote]
I don't see how NPO can win the 2010 Edition, they have not fought at all this year. (although i may have missed them in the lineup of this last war, if so, they didn't have a major impact) I can see how they can make the list for the best military alliance of all time, but not 2010.

Best voted PC because well, they are pretty good at what they do and have done thus far this year.

Worst voted Regnum Invictorum because really its pretty much the same as Invicta which was swiftly dealt with at the beginning of the year during what was pretty much the purple beat down, the easiest alliance I have fought, the micro purple alliances that fought me did more damage than Invicta did.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283114289' post='2434925']
Not really, no. :smug:

DAWN started the war at 80+k avg and ended it with about 12k. Golan1st started at 150k and within a few weeks had a tiny, tiny nation. It was probably the most disastrous military performance from a so-called "elite" alliance I've ever seen. Our upper tier (actually the whole alliance tbh!) was a paragon of excellence.
[/quote]

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1283113640' post='2434902']
DAWN's military prowess? Like their 150k NS nation having a 20m warchest? Pretty amazing.
[/quote]

I fought most of the top DAWN nations (besides Golan) in the last war and I don't think any of them started with a warchest under a billion. The problem a couple of them had was their infra/tech ratios were way out of whack. Though nothing really could save them once the Gremlins anvil (and at the start of the war it was a very scary and powerful one) fell. But the inflated NS's put them in range of some of the most fearsome nukes in the game.

But there was only a dozen of them. They fought hard, held nothing back (did any of them stay in peace mode?) and did as well as they could under highly unfavorable circumstances. They have my respect for that.

Not the best. They are not in the same category as MK, TOP, and Umbrella. But they are not worthy of mocking either. Besides, even the best alliances always have at least one idiot who forgets to get a warchest.

[/quote]

What's that saying, damning with faint praise?

Also, I hope the subtitle of this thread was intentional irony.