War Ends

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282673014' post='2429604']
We took your war and dealt with it without serious complaint, and put up with the inability of your side to agree on an actual decision or to stay consistent without complaint.[/quote]

Serious complaint wasn't necessary when they started losing as much NS as we did.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282673014' post='2429604']
No, this is just the new way of deflecting actual criticism. Well, not really new, but certainly enjoying a comeback. "You're just crying!"

We took your war and dealt with it without serious complaint, and put up with the inability of your side to agree on an actual decision or to stay consistent without complaint.

But you couldn't have expected us to just meekly post up this "statement" without commenting on the absurdity of the whole situation.
[/quote]

I am not shocked that the Sith are showing zero humility, no. I am shocked that they are screaming that they were "lied to" when they weren't and actually complaining about ridiculously light terms. It simply isn't the Sith I have come to know.

[quote name='Anthony' timestamp='1282673209' post='2429608']
Serious complaint wasn't necessary when they started losing as much NS as we did.
[/quote]

I beg to differ, discounting war material build up then decline (which itself only constituted 100k), we gained NS. You lost over half your strength.

Strange comment for you to make even.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282673670' post='2429617']
I beg to differ, discounting war material build up then decline (which itself only constituted 100k), we gained NS. You lost over half your strength.
[/quote]

I was referring to RoK

[quote name='Anthony' timestamp='1282673809' post='2429621']
I was referring to RoK
[/quote]

Who demilitarized due to lack of targets in range, took nukes in the mid-ranges from nations we knocked down and lost some members who only joined to hit the NSO. I know you guys make a habit out of trying to turn defeat into victory, but at least choose something that makes sense instead of reaching.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282670154' post='2429553']
In other words - having people like that around make things convenient so he has no wish to delve into a discussion where this may become more apparent than his avoidance does.
[/quote]

So you agree whole-heartedly with EVERYTHING that EVERY one of your allies says and does? No waivers. No exceptions. EVERYTHING. Duely noted.

Also, kudos to Hoo for telling Xiphosis where to shove his words on this matter.

Don't worry---I don't expect you to not deny it in public. I do know what happened in the event, though :)

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282674059' post='2429625']
Who demilitarized due to lack of targets in range, took nukes in the mid-ranges from nations we knocked down and lost some members who only joined to hit the NSO. I know you guys make a habit out of trying to turn defeat into victory, but at least choose something that makes sense instead of reaching.
[/quote]

Are you nauseas from that spin

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1282673181' post='2429607']
So what were all those posts explaining how this war was unjust?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If you took the time to take a step outside of your fantasy land you would see that we've never said such a thing. Many of us have admitted that an error was made in violating alliance protocol when accepting nations at war, but beyond that RoK could have handled this situation better prior to the war. We made it damn clear to RoK that they were not to attack the nation without our explicit approval so long as he was flying our AA, and had they taken the time to provide us with the proof instead of waltzing in guns blazing they would have gotten it. I won't say that the NSO is without fault, but neither is RoK, and the statement they wrote for it is far from the whole truth, completely fabricates new events, and rosies over RoK's complete disregard for standard diplomatic procedures in the run up for the war. The NSO may have signed it to get peace, but that's about it. I can't think of one of us who accepts that piece of garbage as fact.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282674617' post='2429638']
[color="#0000FF"]If you took the time to take a step outside of your fantasy land you would see that we've never said such a thing. Many of us have admitted that an error was made in violating alliance protocol when accepting nations at war, but beyond that RoK could have handled this situation better prior to the war. We made it damn clear to RoK that they were not to attack the nation without our explicit approval so long as he was flying our AA, and had they taken the time to provide us with the proof instead of waltzing in guns blazing they would have gotten it. I won't say that the NSO is without fault, but neither is RoK, and the statement they wrote for it is far from the whole truth, completely fabricates new events, and rosies over RoK's complete disregard for standard diplomatic procedures in the run up for the war. The NSO may have signed it to get peace, but that's about it. I can't think of one of us who accepts that piece of garbage as fact.[/color]
[/quote]

Well said, I have the utmost respect for LintWad but he put his name on a bunch of BS.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282674617' post='2429638']
[/quote]
I enjoy reading statements that shine simply by being full of truth, however, tells you something about most other posts.

One day many in here who've never faced getting stomped will actually get stomped. We will see how they act when that happens. Until they do a lot of this "our alliance would never sign this if we didn't believe it just to save pixels" stuff is all hot air.

[quote name='Copperhead' timestamp='1282675172' post='2429643']
Well said, I have the utmost respect for LintWad but he put his name on a bunch of BS.
[/quote]
Do you believe LintWad made a mistake?

If you were in his position, would you have declined the offer and fought on?

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1282675518' post='2429650']

[/quote]

Yes - most of us would. But at this time, it would have been dumb. It's a cointoss.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1282675518' post='2429650']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'd have done the same. This wasn't worth months of war, and the terms, despite being full of lies and half-truths, are fairly lenient. We survived, and we will be fighting another day. But in the meantime, do not expect us to be hailing your statement as the light and the truth.[/color]

If you think Wad of Lint made a mistake, leave NSO, create an alliance, declare war on RoK, VE, R&R, GOD, and TENE. Otherwise in the end you support his decision of saving pixels and have no right being a hypocrite criticizing it.

And if you aren't in NSO and criticizing his decision.... :rolleyes: Aren't you important?

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282675687' post='2429652']
Yes - most of us would. But at this time, it would have been dumb. It's a cointoss.
[/quote]
Being a little fish, I am not privy to back-room conversations, but it seems to me that LintWad made the best of a !@#$%* situation.

There have been bad decisions concerning all of this, but I think his was the least of these.

[quote name='VeritasK' timestamp='1282676097' post='2429659']
If you think Wad of Lint made a mistake, leave NSO, create an alliance, declare war on RoK, VE, R&R, GOD, and TENE. Otherwise in the end you support his decision of saving pixels and have no right being a hypocrite criticizing it.

And if you aren't in NSO and criticizing his decision.... :rolleyes: Aren't you important?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I never criticized his decision. Sparing the alliance months of war over such a trivial matter is what any leader worth his salt would do. I'm simply saying that the statement prepared for us is rubbish. That's all, and nothing more.[/color]

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1282674153' post='2429627']
Also, kudos to Hoo for telling Xiphosis where to shove his words on this matter.

Don't worry---I don't expect you to not deny it in public. I do know what happened in the event, though :)
[/quote]

I have to respond to this, and the comment you made earlier about Xiph and not getting reps.

There was a talk of reps discussion. Very early discussions had token reps of amounts varying between 6 and 18 million going to TENE, with a simple admission of surrender. You can say a lot of things about Xiph, but he was not seeking reps.

Hoo also does not have the ability to put people in their places over CN when he isn't even at a computer.

For those who are hopping on the 'Hoo is a liar' bandwagon:

NSO has known a lot of things for nearly two weeks. They knew the war would last two rounds, they knew that reparations would not be asked for save for perhaps token ones to TENE, and they knew we were expecting a statement of surrender. That never changed. The villification of Hoo in this thread is mindboggling. NSO got exactly what they were told, two weeks of war, and that they would have to admit guilt. The only thing added that was not something tossed around for two weeks was the beer review, which I agree is unnecessary in these terms. But if you are going to call Hoo a liar because what he had been saying for two weeks was exactly true, save for the beer review inserted at the end, then you really are reaching for straws.