War Ends

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282630320' post='2429051']
I'd caution against that, that is how all of this started. But if you thought you would not surrender, then you are being stupid. And your tears are delicious. And your objections are REALLY trivial and silly. And if what was offered was so horrible, you should have simply used diplomac-...on the other hand, you did what was best.
[/quote]
NSO spent the entire war trying to get a straight answer out of your alliance as to what you wanted to end the war. A week ago, we were told the war would continue until tonight and then end, and that would be it. During that week there were rumors about GOD throwing a tantrum and refusing to peace out, and other similar things, but we were assured RoK would at least be able to control what RoK did and we were consistently told by RoK that they would be leaving.

Then thirty minutes before update RoK brings in GOD and VE to shove these terms down our throat out of nowhere.

Do you understand why this is a bad thing?

Clearly the terms were acceptable, and there was no point in continuing the war, if only to no longer have to deal with the absurd difficulty of trying to draw straight, reliable answers from your side. So we accepted them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd caution against that, that is how all of this started. But if you thought you would not surrender, then you are being stupid. And your tears are delicious. And your objections are REALLY trivial and silly. And if what was offered was so horrible, you should have simply used diplomac-...on the other hand, you did what was best.
[/quote]

YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS :v::v:. Stop using lines from 2006. You have a brain, use it and be a little more creative. After you have enjoyed your cup of tears ofcourse.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1282626482' post='2428845']
I'm sure NSO will handle this with the grace of a dignified and classy alliance.
[/quote]
Ironic coming from the guy who's response to a cordial query from Lint was to condescendingly call him adorable a million times.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282628999' post='2428994']
These kinds of admission of guilt terms are curious. They leave very little recourse for the NSO to complain about the war in future discussions.
[/quote]
Ahahaha. Yeah. I'm just going to go ahead and say these terms roughly mean that we fought SF to a functional stalemate.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282630575' post='2429065']
Would you prefer VE did? Of course someone has to present them, and RoK is the logical choice to. And of course they will have conferred with their allies from the war in the terms for ending the war. If their ally happened to ask for it, it would still have to be included when presented to you.
[/quote]

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. You said that you don't think RoK asked for any terms. I told you that they did.

Very humourous.

The war begins with NSO (stupidly) sending aid to an alleged rogue when Hoo specifically said doing so would be considered an act of war. Fair enough, not sure that the extent of the war was warranted but I'm not here to argue what is proportionate or disproportionate.

Some in the NSO complained about this and were told by numerous people that Hoo's word is his word and by doing what he specifically asked not be done the NSO were insane based on the premise that Hoo means what he says. This was rammed home quite clearly and often.

Now, fast forward a week or so and we have Hoo's word relegated to an inconvenient and irrelevant uttering of the past when it comes to peacing out the war. Hoo promised to "walk away" after the round of wars ended and good on him for promising that. Sounds fair and reasonable to me.

So, I'll just enjoy the irony of the people pontificating over Hoo's word being hard currency up until it becomes inconvenient when pushing their own agendas. All hail the peace terms heroes!

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282630687' post='2429075']
What? I have no idea what you're talking about. You said that you don't think RoK asked for any terms. I told you that they did.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain to you how a working out peace for a war involving multiple allies works. RoK presented the term at the behest of their ally, they might not agree with it but it was their ally and I'm sure they weren't going to leave them in it alone. Just because they presented it doesn't mean that they were the ones whom wanted the review, just that they wanted it to end and that's the most harmless one that their ally asked for.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1282626981' post='2428888']
Oh God, another !@#$@#$ beer review.
[/quote]

I agree! Give us a decent Whiskey, Scotch, Rum... Hell.. even a fricken Tequila review..

:P

Edit: Forgot to wish my NSO brethern a quick rebuild and congrats on getting peace after this "police action" from the Village People in their reenactment of "Stomp-The Musical"

oo/ NSO

Edited by deathcat

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1282630646' post='2429070']
YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS :v::v:. Stop using lines from 2006. You have a brain, use it and be a little more creative. After you have enjoyed your cup of tears ofcourse.
[/quote]

That's all you GOT?! You went old school claim and that's it! REALLY? I suggest you focus on the silent part, silentkiller, if that is all you have.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282630851' post='2429083']
I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain to you how a working out peace for a war involving multiple allies works. RoK presented the term at the behest of their ally, they might not agree with it but it was their ally and I'm sure they weren't going to leave them in it alone. Just because they presented it doesn't mean that they were the ones whom wanted the review, just that they wanted it to end and that's the most harmless one that their ally asked for.
[/quote]

No, I get your point. But I'm not sure how you can say that RoK didn't break their word. They asked for the terms. They signed the document. They said they wouldn't do so. They did so. That's a lie.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1282630646' post='2429070']
[/quote]
[/quote]
"Be more creative"

"Tired tea quote"

~

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282631034' post='2429090']
No, I get your point. But I'm not sure how you can say that RoK didn't break their word. They asked for the terms. They signed the document. They said they wouldn't do so. They did so. That's a lie.
[/quote]
Would you have rather had Rok just give NSO white peace in another announcement then have this one posted for the other combatants?

It just seems silly to me.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282630732' post='2429077']
Very humourous.

The war begins with NSO (stupidly) sending aid to an alleged rogue when Hoo specifically said doing so would be considered an act of war. Fair enough, not sure that the extent of the war was warranted but I'm not here to argue what is proportionate or disproportionate.

Some in the NSO complained about this and were told by numerous people that Hoo's word is his word and by doing what he specifically asked not be done the NSO were insane based on the premise that Hoo means what he says. This was rammed home quite clearly and often.

Now, fast forward a week or so and we have Hoo's word relegated to an inconvenient and irrelevant uttering of the past when it comes to peacing out the war. Hoo promised to "walk away" after the round of wars ended and good on him for promising that. Sounds fair and reasonable to me.

So, I'll just enjoy the irony of the people pontificating over Hoo's word being hard currency up until it becomes inconvenient when pushing their own agendas. All hail the peace terms heroes!
[/quote]

I would suggest you , and several other people missed the qualification line in Hoo's message. He made it VERY clear that he was, and could only, speak for RoK, and not his allies. As his allies decided that the terms agreed upon were appropriate, and the opportunity for RoK to exit the war WITH their allies instead of seperate from their allies, is absolutely NOT an instance of Hoo breaking his word to anyone. There is no way that Lintwad, RV, Ivan, Tyga, or Pez could believe that Hoo has the authority to speak for all alliances on that front.

Had tonights update come and gone, and RoK continued their attacks, THEN you might have some grounds to call Hoo out on his word. But this...

Van Hoo III Sent 16 August 2010 - 02:19 PM
I am calling the shots and am in charge in regard to Ragnarok. As we have discussed, we have no intention of extending this war beyond this next round. Should our allies decide they want to keep it going for their own grievances, then that would be up to them. I doubt that would actually happen, to be candid ... but the option is theirs

...very clearly indiciates that he is speaking ONLY for RoK. When the rest of the "terms" were agreed upon, he exited WITH his allies. It is amazing that anyone is trying to spin it any other way.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282631034' post='2429090']
[/quote]

If that's your interpretation of it, fair enough. What I see is consultation between alliances where one of them doesn't want anything but one of the others do, and harmless enough they just put one together and someone from the side presents it.

Personally I think you're reaching here since I'm sure you know if it was solely down to RoK there would be no terms, but like I said you're allowed your opinion.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631224' post='2429097']
I would suggest you , and several other people missed the qualification line in Hoo's message. He made it VERY clear that he was, and could only, speak for RoK, and not his allies. As his allies decided that the terms agreed upon were appropriate, and the opportunity for RoK to exit the war WITH their allies instead of seperate from their allies, is absolutely NOT an instance of Hoo breaking his word to anyone. There is no way that Lintwad, RV, Ivan, Tyga, or Pez could believe that Hoo has the authority to speak for all alliances on that front.

Had tonights update come and gone, and RoK continued their attacks, THEN you might have some grounds to call Hoo out on his word. But this...

I am calling the shots and am in charge in regard to Ragnarok. As we have discussed, we have no intention of extending this war beyond this next round. Should our allies decide they want to keep it going for their own grievances, then that would be up to them. I doubt that would actually happen, to be candid ... but the option is theirs

...very clearly indiciates that he is speaking ONLY for RoK. When the rest of the "terms" were agreed upon, he exited WITH his allies. It is amazing that anyone is trying to spin it any other way.
[/quote]

With confirmation from both VE and RnR that they would leave once RoK did, I was comfortable leaving it to Hoo to speak for just his alliance.

[/quote]

Except that RoK was the alliance that presented the terms. And signed them.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282631022' post='2429089']
That's all you GOT?! You went old school claim and that's it! REALLY? I suggest you focus on the silent part, silentkiller, if that is all you have.
[/quote]
You're free to respond to the point I made, and then Tygaland completely made 100 times better than I did to reflect on the inherent and hilarious irony of your position.

[/quote]

Psst..RoK didn't walk away, they signed the terms. ;)

Also, as this war was RoK's and the hangers-on only came in to prevent NSO escaping into peace mode (remember that one?) I find it odd that RoK's allies would have such leverage when the time comes to peace the war out.

RoK's allies behaved abominably this evening but I really expected no better from the usual peace term heroes.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282631356' post='2429103']
With confirmation from both VE and RnR that they would leave once RoK did, I was comfortable leaving it to Hoo to speak for just his alliance.
[/quote]

And for all you know, that may have all been a done deal. Again, there were more people at play than just those 2. It is ALWAYS desirable to exit as a unit. I, for one, have ZERO doubt that had NSO said no to these terms, RoK , and Hoo, would have been true to their word and walked away. It is disgusting, to be honest, to watch anyone paint it as anything else.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282631022' post='2429089']
[/quote]

Forget that I ever told you to be creative. No really. Your posts are becoming too painful to read anymore.

Now ontopic Goodluck on the peace NSO. Here's to a quick rebuilding.