They [i][b]WANT[/b][/i] to win...
[/quote]

Well you lost, how does it feel? ;)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1282606931' post='2428288']
I can't believe Sparta didn't make it out. They are easily top 5 WAE.
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM&feature=search

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1282699398' post='2430189']
To everybody complaining that because it's hosted on the MK boards it's incredible biased.

It's true to a minor degree but when it comes down to things, the final 4 would likely be the same if it were hosted on here. And I'm sure much of the top 8 and 16 would be similar.
[/quote]
This man speaks the truth. The top 16 is pretty spot on. I can't believe NSO beat out MHA though.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1282731872' post='2430665']
This man speaks the truth. The top 16 is pretty spot on. I can't believe NSO beat out MHA though.
[/quote]

MHA had the lead right up until the end of the war.

[quote name='zenergy' timestamp='1282741717' post='2430740']
I'm stoked - NATO is way worse than TSO, so I'm sure we've got a shot at the finals.
[/quote]And you've done what at least 80% of the alliance members in the final 16 have done. Cheered for your own team. Ironically this just enforces the point even further because it looks bad if you're serious or joking.

Good luck beating Legion regardless.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1282742908' post='2430758']
And you've done what at least 80% of the alliance members in the final 16 have done. Cheered for your own team. Ironically this just enforces the point even further because it looks bad if you're serious or joking.

[/quote]

Then it's a lose/lose situation because anyone who gives it a <_< or a :mad: hears, "It's just a joke! Why are you taking it so seriously?"

I guess the moral of the story is to just be awesome and avoid all of it. :ehm:

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1282747947' post='2430838']
I know a lot of people don't like us but theres a difference between not liking someone and them being a WAE. Also its funny that many of the ex-heg alliances are still up there. Maybe a little bit of voting bias?
[/quote]

A little bit?

I think it's at the point now where people are voting to spite/convince/be a jerk so it would actually be hard to progress to the next round. So if you're actually trying to win, you'd have to do something pretty big and bad to draw attention.

But in other things, I know who I want to win. :ph34r:

I know a lot of people don't like us but theres a difference between not liking someone and them being a WAE. Also its funny that many of the ex-heg alliances are still up there. Maybe a little bit of voting bias?
[/quote]
You could have registered on their boards to vote just as easy as everyone else did. If you didn't show up to vote than that is not MK's fault.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1282747443' post='2430828']I see a high probability of a purple(ish) alliance winning. Do us proud guys <_<[/quote]
Purple doesn't have a chance. This contest was over as soon as the SOS Brigade as entered into it. MK [b]really[/b] doesn't like us.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1282747947' post='2430838']I know a lot of people don't like us but theres a difference between not liking someone and them being a WAE. Also its funny that many of the ex-heg alliances are still up there. Maybe a little bit of voting bias?[/quote]
It's the freaking [i]Mushroom Kingdom[/i]. What did you expect, a free, fair and unbiased poll?

I don't see what your all complaining about, if you think its unfair go sign up and vote for yourself.

Its not like this has been done in secret at any point and im pretty certain the results would be similar wherever it was hosted.

[/quote]
Plenty of alliances you people like to hate on were represented, don't worry! Sparta and MHA both did well.

[quote name='Locke426' timestamp='1282744344' post='2430780']
Then it's a lose/lose situation because anyone who gives it a <_< or a :mad: hears, "It's just a joke! Why are you taking it so seriously?"

I guess the moral of the story is to just be awesome and avoid all of it. :ehm:
[/quote]
Actually Altheus of UPN had a pretty good rant and we all cheered him for it.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1282751393' post='2430892']
Purple doesn't have a chance. This contest was over as soon as the SOS Brigade as entered into it. MK [b]really[/b] doesn't like us.
[/quote]
Actually, judging from what I've seen so far, we'd be at stiff competition against Invicta or Legion.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1282742908' post='2430758']
And you've done what at least 80% of the alliance members in the final 16 have done. Cheered for your own team. Ironically this just enforces the point even further because it looks bad if you're serious or joking.

[/quote]

Of course I'm rooting for NATO - anybody that MK thinks is the Worst Alliance Ever must be some really cool folks. :D

Oh, nobody will take any of this seriously until you put ERA in the running.

I was quite dissapointed to see us in WAE then even more dissapointed so see we lost to IRON, and all when i was cleaning my awards cabinet up in preparation. I am very dissapointed; it should have been SOS vs TIO. STIOS :S

Nothing like promoting petty hate and childish attitudes.

I still hold out hope that the more intelligent and mature individuals that play this thing will FINALLY say enough is enough and start promoting a more realistic professional way of dealing with alliance diplomacy.

As for all the malice for NATO, why? all the voodoo hoodoo bad things that you accuse NATO of were done long ago. The past is the past and those that made those decisions are either long gone or have faded to relatively minimal activity due to RL or burnout. The current leaders (excluding myself) were either small uninvolved nations or not even around. You hold spite for a name? That is a true shame. You demean NATO for not being a group of posting whores on these forums? well we like it that way. We see NO VALUE in rating friends or enemies in all these best of, worst of, alliance/leaders etc etc. you all should realize that WE actually try to play this like a real event. Our diplomacy team has been trained to try and stay professional. We do make mistakes. But we are trying. I would hope that at the least, the more civil and mature leaders out there who hold a dislike for NATO would reconsider and give these new guys a chance. For too long we have been letting the childish and immature run the show (and i don't mean ALL leaders out there). IF you really do have control over your alliances, lets see a month of professionalism from your crew in here and in all matters of diplomacy. Do you think you can do it? Seems to me that NATO is pretty good at managing that as an alliance. If you see me as a hold over from the old days, don't let that hold you back. I will soon be retiring myself and out of your way. The old NATO you despise has not been around for a long time. Grow up people and treat these newer leaders with some respect. If your real life is so horrible and depressing, or you simply enjoy belittling others, that your only solace is demeaning and working to break down the spirit and positive attitude of others, perhaps it is time to reconsider if you should be here at all. Personally, I hold no ill will towards ANY alliance, friend, former friend, or foe in this game. Enough is enough for me, and surely you all aren't 14 out there.

Vote for NATO, for some reason succeeding at this proves we are doing something right. Even if it is only "sucking" in your eyes.