Players you've always admired

The MVP

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've admired a few people who were big in my early CN days and got me into the game politically. Among those would be General Vengeance, Grugbug, Trace, Tamerlane, JoshuaJames, and Lord Jay. All of those guys were people I admired in my early CN days and who I learned from. There are a quite a few other players I got advice from but I'd say those guys were the main go to guys that I'd say I put up as not my equal and more mentor early on.

Since people have upsides and downsides I always only admire some specific abilities

Syzygy - For thinking outside the box, having a lions' heart and political foresight (although sometimes delusional)
Steelrat - For establishing the first alliance wide Credit Card system in CN, which has been copied multiple times
Bob Janova - For always holding high the flag of justice and reason. And for his neverending patience with the OWF. And for his programmed alliance coordination tool.
Opethian - For doing his own thing and sticking to it, including humorous topics when he calls out an alliance

Dan123123 - Aurora Borealis currently. Brought me into the game years and years ago and has always been a great alliance leader, probably the best i've ever served under. ALWAYS puts his membership's interests before his own.

KaitlinK - Back in the good 'ol MA days. Awesome leader and an awesome person in general.

Hoo! - Again an awesome leader and a great player.

well, they are the three that have most influenced my time here in CN. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

The 'big names', even if they've been on the other side to me through a lot of history. Dilber, Sponge, Ivan (before he came back, the NSO experiment hasn't really worked), Archon. Every Viridian who kept the flame alive after the disbandment, and although I don't know them, the same for IAAers. Within Citadel, Syz and Steel made Grämlins great, and Feanor of TOP always did an excellent job of keeping the factions working together. For self-sacrifice in the name of a good cause the 11 founders of Vox Populi, particularly Doitzel for blowing the gaff on NPO with De Profundis. And really, anyone who can deal with back channel diplomacy without getting rolled, heh. (There's a reason I spend my time in domestic positions.)

Hmmm...."players you've always admired"....

This implies that I admired them from the start and continue to do so.

Hmmm.

In the case of many of the players listed already (and whose names will continue to be mentioned) there have been incidents that showed either a dark, duplicitous or otherwise objectionable side to their personality.

So nobody, I guess.

I could name names, but half of the people have left the game or are on rerolls so their names are meaingless and I'd just offend the ones I forgot anyways. So I'll simply nominate the NAAC officers assigned with helping training Fark between GWII and GWIII. How they handled dealing with up to 700 newbies and didn't put a brick through their screen I'll never know.

Also Dilber, the greatest Emperor Pacifica has ever had.

Edited by CRex of Gulo Gulo