STA announcement

pezstar

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282029373' post='2419159']
In response to Pezstar telling me what a rogue a attack is and isnt, correct?

Also a little bold for clarity.
[/quote]
Yes, in response to Pezstar telling you what a rogue atttack is and isn't. How is that relevant?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shodemofi' timestamp='1282029160' post='2419151']
That, my good sir, is a strawman. Again, it isn't our responsibility to know which of your gov can be trusted.
[/quote]
Its also you responsibility to ensure a crime has been committed by an unaligned nation. Care to show me that crime and that unaligned nation?

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282029022' post='2419148']
So thinking about something is now a crime? Are you the new thought police?
And I was asked by a Trium to not leave and not do anything, that's what I did to see how things played out. Of course you guys just couldn't control yourselves.
[/quote]

Quite quenching today to see \m/'s tears more richly delicious than ever.

This should make Sardonic's next issue of pubbie tears.

Quite a fine uncorking here, STA!

:)

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282028471' post='2419123']
Chief isn't a triumvirate, and has very little power in junior government. I suggest you think again.

Merrie Melodies is [u][b]still[/b][/u] a \m/ember.
[/quote]

I suggest you to chose better your gov members then, isn't STa fault if he said that MM left \m/.

Also commemorative signature:
[img]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6836/sall.png[/img]

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Shodemofi' timestamp='1282029445' post='2419165']
Yes, in response to Pezstar telling you what a rogue atttack is and isn't. How is that relevant?
[/quote]
Relevent in that it had nothing to do with me making up my mind, of course that is all moot as you made up my mind for me, only thanks to your quick trigger finger I didnt have decide of I wanted to do it as a rogue or not, rather I get to do it wearing my beloved AA.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282029422' post='2419163']
I'm going to clarify a few things to make it clear.

Chief Savage Man does not have the executive powers to act on behalf of \m/ as a triumvirate in their absence.

Merrie Melodies is still a member of \m/.

Merrie Melodies did not at any point confirm he was going to go rogue on STA.

STA attacked someone based on an assumption.

STA illegally attacked someone.
[/quote]

Chief Savage Man spoke to our gov, as a member of \m/ gov.

It is not the STA's responsibility to know which \m/ gov members can be trusted and which ones can't. If someone can't make decisions, don't let them talk to other alliance's govs in regards to decisions.

Chief Savage Man told us MM was no longer a \m/ember.

MM told us he WILL be attacking our own member.

STA attacks MM who, as we are told by \m/ gov, is no longer a \m/ember.

STA did nothing illegal.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282029507' post='2419167']
Quite quenching today to see \m/'s tears more richly delicious than ever.

This should make Sardonic's next issue of pubbie tears.

Quite a fine uncorking here, STA!

:)
[/quote]
No tears here fella, just pure happiness, a good argument, some successful attacks and nukes tonight.

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1282029652' post='2419171']

Chief Savage Man spoke to our gov, as a member of \m/ gov.

It is not the STA's responsibility to know which \m/ gov members can be trusted and which ones can't. If someone can't make decisions, don't let them talk to other alliance's govs in regards to decisions.

Chief Savage Man told us MM was no longer a \m/ember.

MM told us he WILL be attacking our own member.

STA attacks MM who, as we are told by \m/ gov, is no longer a \m/ember.

STA did nothing illegal.
[/quote]

Not quite accurate is it?

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282029422' post='2419163']
[/quote]

Somehow I doubt it will make things clear.
[quote]
Chief Savage Man does not have the executive powers to act on behalf of \m/ as a triumvirate in their absence.
[/quote]
He had just informed us that \m/ was cancelling their attacktorate, he is in your gov, and as such it was an entirely logical conclusion to make that a gov member had the power to tell us whether or not Merrie had informed \m/ that he was leaving. I don't understand why executive powers are needed to tell us that Merrie was leaving.
[quote]Merrie Melodies is still a member of \m/.[/quote]
Back already is he? You might want to ask NSO about accepting rogues, apparently it's frowned upon.
[quote]
Merrie Melodies did not at any point confirm he was going to go rogue on STA.[/quote]
Yes, he did. That is what he said. Maybe he didn't mean it, but that's hardly our fault.

[quote]
STA attacked someone based on an assumption.[/quote]
We attacked someone based on a direct threat to one of our members.
[quote]STA illegally attacked someone.
[/quote]
Since when is attacking an unaligned threat illegal? Also, I don't think the word illegal can even be used here. Illegal according to who?

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282029585' post='2419170']
Relevent in that it had nothing to do with me making up my mind, of course that is all moot as you made up my mind for me, only thanks to your quick trigger finger I didnt have decide of I wanted to do it as a rogue or not, rather I get to do it wearing my beloved AA.
[/quote]

Try walking up to someone and saying "i'm thinking about punching you in the face please stand there while I decide" Try that with me you will be swallowing teeth because I don't wait for anyone who makes threats upon me to decide. Once the threat is made it's decided.

I'd have to say STA pretty much did what any alliance should do in this situation. There was already tension from this thread with MM promising to violate this protectorate as soon as he could. Then he tells STA gov that he is thinking of going rogue on them and then that he is going to nuke a member of STA, then tells someone in \m/ gov that he is leaving, and that person tells STA gov that he has informed them of his intention to leave.

I'd say threatening STA members with nukes should count as an act of war, if MM isn't in \m/ it's an act of war by an unaligned and we've been told repeatedly lately that the unaligned have no rights at all, even to fight back. Or if MM is a member of \m/ still and \m/ stands behind his statements to STA, I'd say STA should consider it an act of war by \m/ against STA.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282029672' post='2419172']
No tears here fella, just pure happiness, a good argument, some successful attacks and nukes tonight.
[/quote]
No tears, sure, but I'm sure there's at least that one tear of loneliness streaking the side of your cheek. I hope being left alone in the cold doesn't cause it to freeze onto your face.

[quote name='Shodemofi' timestamp='1282029761' post='2419176']
Somehow I doubt it will make things clear.

He had just informed us that \m/ was cancelling their attacktorate, he is in your gov, and as such it was an entirely logical conclusion to make that a gov member had the power to tell us whether or not Merrie had informed \m/ that he was leaving. I don't understand why executive powers are needed to tell us that Merrie was leaving.

Back already is he? You might want to ask NSO about accepting rogues, apparently it's frowned upon.

Yes, he did. That is what he said. Maybe he didn't mean it, but that's hardly our fault.

We attacked someone based on a direct threat to one of our members.

[b]Since when is attacking an unaligned threat illegal? Also, I don't think the word illegal can even be used here. Illegal according to who?[/b]
[/quote]
Got a screenie of me being none? If not you are a liar.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282029585' post='2419170']
[/quote]
How am I supposed to know your thought process. The fact is you told us you that "When I nuke boomhower I am sure it will fit rogue." Anyone who says that isn't a direct threat of imminent roguery is deluding themselves.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282030292' post='2419194']
Care to post screenies of my rogue activity?
[/quote]

A nation claimed to be unaligned by the government of the alliance he belonged to making threats against our nations. I think you've already read the logs so no need for screenies.

Edited by lakerzz8