On Pre-RP War Locking-Poll

Subtleknifewielder

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure how much of an interest there is in the subject, but since it was suggested to me and I thought it a good idea, I figured I'd throw it out there since there was a discussion on the issue in my locking thread.

There, this one's public.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Case by Case Basis.

Some people try to abuse the system on a regular basis, others have actual issues that need to take their attention away from the game. People who put RL first should not be punished,but if it becomes a regular issue for them, they shouldn't be in the game in the first place, if you ask me. RL trumps the game, but at a certain point, you are either to busy to play, or deliberately being inactive to get out of IC situations.

I view this poll as having no authority because it does not include the option:

Locks should be recognized when requested at all times.

RP does not dictate reality. It never should. That said, people should be able to request a lock if and when they need one regardless of their situation. Anything else is woefully disrespectful of the human condition. We are not machines.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281888863' post='2416709']
I view this poll as having no authority because it does not include the option:

RP does not dictate reality. It never should. That said, people should be able to request a lock if and when they need one regardless of their situation. Anything else is woefully disrespectful of the human condition. We are not machines.
[/quote]
Mael...that would obviously be included in option 5, durr hurr...but I can include it if you wish.

What I'm saying is there should be no poll. This is not a community decision. It's a fundamental right of the player and unquestionable.

The community has no authority to resolve that issue.

It's like if we took a poll on whether or not you are human and deserved to be treated as one.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281979254' post='2418026']
What I'm saying is there should be no poll. This is not a community decision. It's a fundamental right of the player and unquestionable.

It's like if we took a poll on whether or not you are human and deserved to be treated as one.
[/quote]

You're comparing determining whether someone is human and the ability to lock your nation during/right before a war. You can't compare the two.

Who says the community has no authority to resolve the issue of locking abuse? Rightfully, on a case-by-case basis. End of story.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281979254' post='2418026']

[/quote]
That's not what you said before...

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281888863' post='2416709']
[b]I view this poll as having no authority because it does not include the option:

[/b]
[/quote]
And saying the community has no authority is opening another can of worms. Nearly all of the 'rules' we use today are completely community-based, created by the community. The remaining have to do with those who operate the OOC help threads, or were handed down by Mods themselves.

I say the poll doesn't have any authority because of the type of decision being made. People get sick. People have vacations. People have emergencies. We cannot override these. That is reality. Reality has precedence over RP, therefore locks should always be available at all times regardless as to what any poll says.

We're not all teenagers without responsibilities. Some of us have other things in life worth being more concerned about and the last thing we'll want to do is worry about our status on some forum.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1282000908' post='2418362']
We're not all teenagers without responsibilities. Some of us have other things in life worth being more concerned about and the last thing we'll want to do is worry about our status on some forum.
[/quote]

Suck it up.

In my opinion, if somebody has some RL constraints preventing them from carrying forward with an RP that is already underway or just about to be launched, they should be permitted a lock or freeze if they OOCly request their RP participants. Most of the players in CNRP community are decent people, we know that there are certain unsurmountable problems due to RL. People would willingly pause their RPs for considerable time. However this pausing would also be subject to the goodwill of either sides involved. People with a tendency to have a pattern of "RL problems" at the exact time of an RP, should not be given the leave way. Again it should be on case by case basis, adjudicated by the GMs. An all encompassing rule ruling either this way or that way would not solve the problem and only exacerbate the issue.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1282000908' post='2418362']
I say the poll doesn't have any authority because of the type of decision being made. People get sick. People have vacations. People have emergencies. We cannot override these. That is reality. Reality has precedence over RP, therefore locks should always be available at all times regardless as to what any poll says.

[/quote]

Hey Mael. Case-by-case covers this. Novel concept isn't it?