Decree of the Sith

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nojudfoo' timestamp='1281322480' post='2406153']
[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1281312112' post='2405290']
Whether or not this war is justified, I find it admirable of the NSO to prevent the escalation of war.
[/quote]
I have to agree.
[/quote]

To that, I reply this:

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281322363' post='2406143']
We don't want to get out of this just yet. Why would we? The way I see it, they brought this war to us. They didn't want to negotiate then, so we're not going to negotiate with them now. We're not pansies, and we're certainly not going to be begging like one.
[/quote]

If they wish to prevent the escalation of war, then why are they saying they won't take the measures required the end this... you know... now?

[quote name='Whitney' timestamp='1281322630' post='2406162']
If they wish to prevent the escalation of war, then why are they saying they won't take the measures required the end this... you know... now?
[/quote]

We're not going to let our allies get destroyed because that's probably what SF wants.

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1281322584' post='2406159']
you didn't even bother to dismantle his ridiculous argument!
[/quote]
All i could see in his post was the pacifican black and blue brain slug on his head :wacko:

Edited by Seth Muscarella

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281322756' post='2406171']
We're not going to let our allies get destroyed because that's probably what SF wants.
[/quote]
Our plan to setup NSO has succeeded but the one to setup their allies has failed

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281322756' post='2406171']
[/quote]

I'm not saying bring your allies into this. I'm saying apologize. Say, "Our bad." and move on.

I'd be disappointed in RoK if they asked for reps after a couple hours of war. You could be done here and now.

[quote name='Whitney' timestamp='1281322862' post='2406175']
I'm not saying bring your allies into this. I'm saying apologize. Say, "Our bad." and move on.

I'd be disappointed in RoK if they asked for reps after a couple hours of war. You could be done here and now.
[/quote]

I don't get it. You seem fit on placing the blame on us. Why did they start this war so quickly to begin with? Why didn't they wait for negotiations? RV told Hoo personally last night that it was our bad, but it fell on deaf ears. So why do you think it would work now?

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281322984' post='2406186']
I don't get it. You seem fit on placing the blame on us. Why did they start this war so quickly to begin with? Why didn't they wait for negotiations? RV told Hoo personally last night that it was our bad, but it fell on deaf ears. So why do you think it would work now?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Aye. I would have appreciated it last night when we spoke, Hoo, that you had already given the order to attack and that you had no interest in solving this diplomatic. You work fast. Less than twenty four hours and over a rather small thing. Really, I'm impressed.[/color]

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281322984' post='2406186']
[/quote]

Well, I'm under the impression that when someone says, "Don't aid him. He's a rogue. Here's proof." and then you send him aid... you just shot yourself in the foot there.

I don't know. It just seems obvious... competent, even, to end this without too much of a hassle.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1281322536' post='2406157']
You'd know something about stabbing people in the back, wouldn't you.
[/quote]

Honestly? LOL; that's all I have to say to this. This isn't about me, or us, or whatever, so I'll keep it out of this thread, but to suggest this is ridiculous, and you know it. Sometimes people leave alliances, I thought I did so on good terms. Sigh. Enough of that though, leaving it out of this lol.

From what I've read there were mistakes on both sides, but it also seems like someone was itching for war. This could have been settled in 5 minutes of chat, instead war was declared. I thought this type of "might makes right" politics is what you all fought to prevent from happening anymore with the Karma war? At least that's how it was explained to me, broken down to the basics. I wasn't around back then, so I can't say myself. But making the connection is obvious and makes it all the more ridiculous and humorous.

I can always count on the OWF to deliver, there's no denying that. Ridiculous entertainment at it's best.

Edited by LucasSnow

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1281323223' post='2406202']
Well I think I found your problem right there ma'am.
[/quote]

Alright. You realize that we're still not going to change this policy because of this war, right?

[quote name='Whitney' timestamp='1281323155' post='2406197']
Well, I'm under the impression that when someone says, "Don't aid him. He's a rogue. Here's proof." and then you send him aid... you just shot yourself in the foot there.

I don't know. It just seems obvious... competent, even, to end this without too much of a hassle.
[/quote]

Maybe for your alliance. Maybe when you're alliance is getting curbstomped, you'll plead for mercy at the first second. But we won't.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1281323358' post='2406212']
Silly me, I thought stabbing people in the back during negotiations was always wrong. Or maybe it was only wrong for NPO to do it to OV.
[/quote]
Are you referring to when NSO aided RoK's ZI target right after Hoo explicitly stated to Heft that such an action would be seen as direct war? Because yes, that was definitely a backstabbing.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1281323358' post='2406212']
Silly me, I thought stabbing people in the back during negotiations was always wrong. Or maybe it was only wrong for NPO to do it to OV.
[/quote]

Do something about it then, stop arguing about it. Form a new Karma and defend NSO whether they wish for it or not. So much nonesense nowadays..

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281323486' post='2406223']
Alright. You realize that we're still not going to change this policy because of this war, right?
[/quote]
That's perfectly fine and well; NSO's policies are hers alone. Just don't act surprised when you get attacked for it. Again and again and again.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1281322536' post='2406157']
You'd know something about stabbing people in the back, wouldn't you.
[/quote]

Don't flatter yourself. Joining an alliance with a culture better suited for him is prolly not a stab in the back, but if it is, then I'm happy he joined my ally in order to do so. One with a treaty to NSO at that. Maybe you'll both get lucky enough to be able to work out this issue on the field.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1281324039' post='2406250']
Don't flatter yourself. Joining an alliance with a culture better suited for him is prolly not a stab in the back, but if it is, then I'm happy he joined my ally in order to do so. One with a treaty to NSO at that. Maybe you'll both get lucky enough to be able to work out this issue on the field.
[/quote]

But kissing up to the government, running for a position in it, and getting as much intel as he can before running off to NPO and trying to spill it to their gov is most certainly one. If he left without deceiving us and trying to play us for fools I wouldn't have minded one bit, but he has certainly proven that he's the stuff NPO is made of.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281323609' post='2406228']
Maybe for your alliance. Maybe when you're alliance is getting curbstomped, you'll plead for mercy at the first second. But we won't.
[/quote]

I understand you may be frustrated by the situation... but I think wishing to end this now is more intelligent then letting yourself get knocked around before doing so.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1281324011' post='2406247']
That's perfectly fine and well; NSO's policies are hers alone. Just don't act surprised when you get attacked for it. Again and again and again.
[/quote]

I thought you guys were attacking us because we aided him. Not because we accepted him. Are you changing your CB now? Well VE doesn't really have a CB considering they're just bandwagoning, but the point stands.