Notice from the Random & Insane Recruitment Offices

The Random Insanity Alliance considers the AA "RIA Trade Partner" under its protection as an extension of the RIA Applicant AA.

Prospective nations who wish to move to this AA must agree to the following terms in order to receive the protection available:
1) The prospective nation must move to Maroon
2) The prospective nation must change their Alliance Affiliation to RIA Trade Partner
3) The prospective nation understands that if they start trouble they will have to deal with the repercussions on their own

Note on protected status:  This protection extends over "arbitrary warfare" (also known as "raiding"), and nations are not protected from the repercussions of actions they have taken against other nations or alliances.

Alliances are not barred from recruiting from this AA, and are free to leave or enter the AA at any time, whether they are at war or not. By changing their team to Maroon and setting their AA as "RIA Trade Partner" they have agreed to the terms of this protection. As such we accept war refugees, raid refugees, disbandment refugees, and those who would like to avoid politics in general.

Up, up Maroon team!

Ogaden, Head of Recruitment for the Random Insanity Alliance

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1280166299' post='2389822']
Will you take action against those who raid the AA, then?
[/quote]

We consider these nations as an extension of our applicant AA.
It isn't a 'special' AA, it's an extension of RIA itself.

Edited by James Dahl

Well when you get an applicant I will see this more than just pointless chest thumping against raiding alliances.

If you really want to stamp out tech raiding you need to take out the tech raiders. Anything else is pointless self agrandisment. Once you grow a pair and have something worthwhile to post let me know. Until then redundant threads will be mercilessly be ridiculed.

\M/6

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1280166519' post='2389825']
Good move.

Let the raiding alliance drama commence.
[/quote]

[quote name='M6 Redneck' timestamp='1280166701' post='2389827']
Well when you get an applicant I will see this more than just pointless chest thumping against raiding alliances.

If you really want to stamp out tech raiding you need to take out the tech raiders. Anything else is pointless self agrandisment. Once you grow a pair and have something worthwhile to post let me know. Until then redundant threads will be mercilessly be ridiculed.

\M/6
[/quote]

We are ourselves a raiding alliance and do not condemn raiding.
We want more trades and maybe tech trade partners, this is what this initiative is for.

This is not designed to "put an end" to tech raiding, nor is it capable of such a nebulous, unachievable goal even if it were.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1280168593' post='2389873']
[color="#0000FF"]I like this move. Anything that can put a dent in tech raiding is a good thing. Nicely done.[/color]
[/quote]

I doubt this will do much to even slow it down, most people who want to avoid being raided just ghost another AA. This option essentially acknowledges this reality and is essentially an AA that is legal and indeed encouraged to ghost. Ghost away, ghosts!

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1280168819' post='2389877']
I doubt this will do much to even slow it down, most people who want to avoid being raided just ghost another AA. This option essentially acknowledges this reality and is essentially an AA that is legal and indeed encouraged to ghost. Ghost away, ghosts!
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As I said, I support any move that will protect others from tech raiding.[/color]

[quote name='M6 Redneck' timestamp='1280168933' post='2389880']
Is the RIA Trade Partner AA allowed to raid?

\M/6
[/quote]

It is indeed, but as is spelled out in the original announcement, they have to deal with the consequences of actions taken against nations or alliances, as that is not covered under our terms of protection.