GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Kenfolk GTS' date='16 July 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1279304493' post='2374784']
Seems like the lesson really is if you are framed for a hacker you shouldn't offer your support but should instead laugh at the person that got hacked. Very classy
[/quote]

It was their choice to believe it, and they will pay the consequences for their rash decision-making.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if someone you aren't having the greatest relations with has their forums "hacked" and an ally tells you, you would not believe them? You would go to that site, notice the change, and say that it was a joke? That just doesn't add up to me

[quote name='RePePe' date='16 July 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1279317680' post='2375034']
It was their choice to believe it, and they will pay the consequences for their rash decision-making.
[/quote]

Paying the consequences for wanting to help an ally?

I really don't follow you. At all.

[quote name='RePePe' date='16 July 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1279317680' post='2375034']
[/quote]

This post is worth quoting.

Since when was offering unequivocal support over an issue which may have been very serious "rash decision making".

[quote name='Kenfolk GTS' date='16 July 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1279319043' post='2375059']
So if someone you aren't having the greatest relations with has their forums "hacked" and an ally tells you, you would not believe them? You would go to that site, notice the change, and say that it was a joke? That just doesn't add up to me
[/quote]

So if someone you aren't having the greatest relations with makes spying accusations that could lead to war and an ally tells you, you would not believe them? You would just stay out in war mode, refuse to employ strategy, and say that it was a joke? That just doesn't add up to me.

Oops...I forget to mention. What you just quoted from me, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88994&view=findpost&p=2371466"]aren't exactly my own words[/url]. Clumsy me. :rolleyes:

Boy, for jokesters yourselves, you sure do fall into them quite nicely. :awesome:

I wasn't a part of any of that. I didn't think that whole GOD/ Kronos thing was funny nor do I support it. The fact you guys went into peace mode is a shame, but it is the correct response and exactly what any alliance with that intel would have done. Just like GOONS acted appropriately based on the accusation and evidence they received.

[quote name='Haquertal' date='16 July 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1279320819' post='2375110']
So you start off saying things that have no base, then you switch to "lol i trol u".

How quaint. [/quote]

Oh boy, I was kidding.

I posted the exact words of a member on PC just to compare the reactions to them saying it and the reactions I just got.

However, I would say it's been an interesting experiment.

As you were...

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='Kenfolk GTS' date='16 July 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1279320907' post='2375113']
I wasn't a part of any of that. I didn't think that whole GOD/ Kronos thing was funny nor do I support it. The fact you guys went into peace mode is a shame, but it is the correct response and exactly what any alliance with that intel would have done. Just like GOONS acted appropriately based on the accusation and evidence they received.
[/quote]

I dont think anyone in Valhalla is saying the GOONS didnt react professionaly Kenfolk.

Repepe was just pointing out the difference of reactions when a person of one 'side' posts something inane as compared to someone on the 'other side'.

ie: He was having some fun and joking, along with pointing out a little disparity in reactions to his post. NOT that GOONS reacted badly in any way. :blush:

Edited by chefjoe

Well to be honest and fair I didn't react this way to the other thing because sad to say I've been playing this game almost 4 years and am just now starting to get active on the OWF. So i'm not trying to take sides or shots at valhalla when I didn't at either GOD or Kronos. Sorry for the misunderstanding :P

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='16 July 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1279321619' post='2375140']
Come on. Whoever did this needs to grow up. That's the sickest, lowest kind of abuse in a game. Grow some stones and play the game straight. Sorry things came to this and I hope you're able to resolve this and catch whoever did this.
[/quote]
Read the thread. It was all a joke.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='17 July 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1279377825' post='2375784']
Compared to what Valhalla recieved, this is chump change, and yet i still see people from the side that was lauding the GOD/GOONS "joke" geting their panties in a bunch here.

How unsurprising. <_<
[/quote]
The boss makes a joke, everyone laughs.

One obvious clue that should have been picked up on by some is that I had previous sparred rather openly with GOONS in at least a couple of other OWF threads this week, yet when this came up, an opportunity to grill GOONS on an open spit, I was out washing the car...or something. :awesome:

I'd like to thank my alliance mates for making me facepalm on the Valhalla forums when I got let in on what was happening and also GOONS for showing me something that indicates I perhaps have misjudged you a bit.

Well played all.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='17 July 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1279383042' post='2375847']
One obvious clue that should have been picked up on by some is that I had previous sparred rather openly with GOONS in at least a couple of other OWF threads this week, yet when this came up, an opportunity to grill GOONS on an open spit, I was out washing the car...or something. :awesome:

I'd like to thank my alliance mates for making me facepalm on the Valhalla forums when I got let in on what was happening and also GOONS for showing me something that indicates I perhaps have misjudged you a bit.

Well played all.
[/quote]

I wonder how you could have roasted them for being good citizens, Hal.

Double edit: Dammit will you people use different avatars please.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='17 July 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1279377825' post='2375784']
Compared to what Valhalla recieved, this is chump change
[/quote]

A few days in peace > possibility of forums being hacked.

I'll keep that in mind. Forum hacking falls into another category, I think.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Aurion' date='17 July 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1279383316' post='2375855']A few days in peace > possibility of forums being hacked.

I'll keep that in mind. Forum hacking falls into another category, I think.
[/quote]

No, I believe you've missed the point entirely.

After the jokes are revealed, 5 days in peace > well, what exactly ARE the negative consequences GOONS is now experiencing? :wacko:

[quote name='RePePe' date='17 July 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1279384172' post='2375883']

After the jokes are revealed, 5 days in peace > well, what exactly ARE the negative consequences GOONS is now experiencing? :wacko:
[/quote]

we're having to talk to you?

I'd happily hit peacemode for 5 days if that was the price for you maintaining radio silence for that time.

[quote name='RePePe' date='17 July 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1279384172' post='2375883']
[/quote]

And you, apparently, have issues with reading comp.

[quote]Forum hacking falls into another category, I think.[/quote]

[quote name='Lamuella' date='17 July 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1279384566' post='2375896']
yeah, claiming someone is going to declare war in someone else is a little different from claiming someone committed an actual crime punishable by law in the real world.
[/quote]
Wow seriously, its all fun and games till some one gets their panties in a wad. If you feel so wronged there is a little button there to push to work it out.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='17 July 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1279388622' post='2375997']
Wow seriously, its all fun and games till some one gets their panties in a wad. If you feel so wronged there is a little button there to push to work it out.
[/quote]

the "ignore" button?

Seriously, did Valhalla of all people just come back with "do something about it" as a response?