Corporate Press Conference

[center][img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/fearnloathing78x/newcorpflag13.png[/img][/center]

[size="6"][center]First Official Corporate Press Conference[/center]
[/size]

Greetings gents. First let me address the the most obvious matter, that being what you see above. Yes, that is indeed what we've finally decided to be our new flag. As Kev had stated in the announcement of our move to the green sphere, the flag we had used there was a placeholder. We were still debating over our flag's new design, and many good prototypes were proposed and systematically shot down. I am very happy to see one of my own designs make the cut and flattered that our members liked it and voted for it. Please feel free to tell me how awesome it is and how much you love it, though I'm already well aware :smug:

With that out of the way, our next major announcement is a major refocusing of our Foreign Affairs. We've found forum diplomacy, for the most part, to be rather slow and cumbersome, and as such the majority of our diplomacy will now be done on irc and through an OWF press conference we will be holding each month (this being the first). We will still likely have me or Ian (Sovereign Dixie on irc) hanging on the forums of our treaty partners or AA's we just like to hang with, but that will be it. We'll also still be accepting foreign diplomats who wish to come over to our forums, but we really encourage those that want to get to know us to meet with us on #corporation on Coldfront and to participate in our monthly press conferences.

And on that note, we'll now begin our first press conference. Please ask us anything you'd like to know about us, or even tell us a bit about yourself/your AA as well if you'd like.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='10 June 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1276222325' post='2332551']
Would you ever join a coalition to roll Athens? :3
[/quote]

Definitely.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='10 June 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1276222335' post='2332552']
When are you going to break through to reason and just use the old flag again?
[/quote]

When you agree to join us in forming a coalition to roll Athens.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='10 June 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1276222325' post='2332551']
Hows the green sphere treating you?
[/quote]

So far, very well. I like most of the fellow UJA signatories I've met, and they've been a pleasure to work with.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='10 June 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1276222531' post='2332560']
Gondor, discuss.

Also, nice flag.
[/quote]

I'm not fond of their leader, other than that they're alright.

What a bunch of self serving questions so far (sorry for picking on you Chey)... don't you guys want to know our opinion on world events? Sheesh.

Do you still dislike the NADC or is it getting to the point of water under the bridge?

EDIT: It is relevant for me to decide if I still dislike you or if it's water under the bridge :P

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='New Frontier' date='10 June 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1276222694' post='2332569']
What are your feelings concerning a potential merger between the orange and red spheres to compete with the tyrannical blue sphere?
[/quote]

Long have I thought that someone needed to put down the scourge of the blue sphere. Given I am a fan of absolutely every single alliance on Orange and Red without exception, I could not think of a better team to bring blue down.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='10 June 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1276222748' post='2332571']
Do you still dislike the NADC or is it getting to the point of water under the bridge?

EDIT: It is relevant for me to decide if I still dislike you or if it's water under the bridge :P
[/quote]

I gladly speak for all of Corporation when I say ourselves and NADC have decided to let bygones be bygones. There are better things for all of us to focus on.

Edited by Kevin McDonald

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='11 June 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1276222798' post='2332574']
I gladly speak for all of Corporation when I say ourselves and NADC have decided to let bygones be bygones. There are better things for all of us to focus on.
[/quote]

Fantastic :)

What are Corporation's main projects and goals? I see 4/7 of your MDP+ treaties are with alliances belonging to the SuperFriends MADP bloc, do you think your alliance would be a good fit in that bloc and its ideals? What are your thoughts on TFD - besides the, I imagine, unpleased political allignement with NADC - ?

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='10 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1276223230' post='2332592']
You guys seem pretty cool. Although Hereno seems to like you, so that doesn't do you any favors :P
[/quote]

I'd knew he'd be trouble :P

[quote name='Lusitan' date='10 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1276223218' post='2332590']
Fantastic :)

What are Corporation's main projects and goals? I see 4/7 of your MDP+ treaties are with alliances belonging to the SuperFriends MADP bloc, do you think your alliance would be a good fit in that bloc and its ideals? What are your thoughts on TFD - besides the, I imagine, unpleased political allignement with NADC - ?
[/quote]

Right now The Corporation is heavily focused on internal growth. While this growth does include some FA projects, we have asked all our active members to focus on recruitment, tech deals, and other economic activities.

In terms of the Corporation's future plans for new, renewed or expanded foreign relations, at this time we are happy with our position and do not foresee any major changes. Obviously we get along very well with the alliances that make up SF, and that is satisfactory to all parties at this time.

My thoughts on TFD are my own, and they are that I really don't know much about you. You tend to keep in different circles than we do, and I don't see that changing. I'm sure we'll get along well enough and have civil conversations, but that's likely it.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='11 June 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1276223599' post='2332609']
Right now The Corporation is heavily focused on internal growth. While this growth does include some FA projects, we have asked all our active members to focus on recruitment, tech deals, and other economic activities.

In terms of the Corporation's future plans for new, renewed or expanded foreign relations, at this time we are happy with our position and do not foresee any major changes. Obviously we get along very well with the alliances that make up SF, and that is satisfactory to all parties at this time.

My thoughts on TFD are my own, and they are that I really don't know much about you. You tend to keep in different circles than we do, and I don't see that changing. I'm sure we'll get along well enough and have civil conversations, but that's likely it.
[/quote]

Thank you, good replies. Keep up the good work :)

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='10 June 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1276222213' post='2332548']
And on that note, we'll now begin our first press conference. Please ask us anything you'd like to know about us, or even tell us a bit about yourself/your AA as well if you'd like.
[/quote]
Will you help SF roll C&G? Is it still Archers fault? Why is iClean full of fail

[quote name='wickedj' date='10 June 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1276224167' post='2332642']
Will you help SF roll C&G? Is it still Archers fault? Why is iClean full of fail
[/quote]

We're already gathering a coalition to destroy Athens. If you'd like to join Corp and \m/ on this, give me a ring ;)

It's always Archer's fault.

iClean is full of fail because he is not me.