Question for UPN

Xiphosis

[quote name='Thomas Grimshaw' date='15 May 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1273916603' post='2298558']
Yeah, I'd like to come over and have some tea. If that's okay with [s]your overlords[/s] Greene.

:P

Seriously though, are you guys set?
[/quote]
Yes we are, we're creating a private channel atm.

Edited by Starpluck

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' date='15 May 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1273916734' post='2298560']
I hope you get everything set up smoothly though Facepunch
[/quote]

Ditto. Greene, I still think you far overstepped yourself here today. As Biazt summed it up:

(+Biazt[GOONS]) Did FP also request +m
(+Biazt[GOONS]) and you kicking us all earlier?
(+Biazt[GOONS]) and your registering of their channel?

If they needed a private channel it takes 30 seconds to explain how to set up a secure one, so I'm not sure why you didn't simply do that. It's unorthodox as hell to just register someone elses channel.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='15 May 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1273917070' post='2298563']
Ditto. Greene, I still think you far overstepped yourself here today. As Biazt summed it up:

(+Biazt[GOONS]) Did FP also request +m
(+Biazt[GOONS]) and you kicking us all earlier?
(+Biazt[GOONS]) and your registering of their channel?

If they needed a private channel it takes 30 seconds to explain how to set up a secure one, so I'm not sure why you didn't simply do that. It's unorthodox as hell to just register someone elses channel.
[/quote]
The post from the Facepunch member themselves just said that they were being assisted in setting up their channel and forum by UPN. Really, if they are happy with it I don't see why you should have your panties in a bunch over it.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1273917373' post='2298566']
The post from the Facepunch member themselves just said that they were being assisted in setting up their channel and forum by UPN. Really, if they are happy with it I don't see why you should have your panties in a bunch over it.
[/quote]

Because this occurred long before they had time to even establish a government. Greene did this while they were still debating it, and like I said, there wasn't even a point to it. It's a couple /chanserv commands, easily explainable. Looks a hell of a lot like brainwashing people who don't know better.

But I don't suppose you'd have much problem with that. :)

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1273917373' post='2298566']
[/quote]

He didn't assist with anything. He registered the channel himself, invited them in, then took advantage of their naivety and pretended it was normal to kick everyone in it and keep founder for himself.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='15 May 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1273917660' post='2298568']
Because this occurred long before they had time to even establish a government. Greene did this while they were still debating it, and like I said, there wasn't even a point to it. It's a couple /chanserv commands, easily explainable. Looks a hell of a lot like brainwashing people who don't know better.

But I don't suppose you'd have much problem with that. :)
[/quote]
You said it occurred earlier tonight. The Facepunch people have been talking about setting up an alliance for a little while now, I was watching the thread on their offsite forums. It is my understanding that they have a transitional government in place.

As to the IRC thing, I don't know about all of them, but the Facepunch guys I have talked to are not very experienced with IRC at all. Maybe it is easily explainable, maybe it is just easier to register one for them and hand it over. If it wasn't handed over I could see the problem, but it seems from the Facepunch member's post that it has been handed over.

Obligatory NPO drone comment

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='15 May 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1273918742' post='2298579']
As of a few minutes ago, aye. And Greene has handed the channel over.
[/quote]
Sooo...time to unbunch the panties? I know trying to bash ex-Hegemony is your thing, but surely you can come up with something better than this?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1273918947' post='2298581']
Sooo...time to unbunch the panties? I know trying to bash ex-Hegemony is your thing, but surely you can come up with something better than this?
[/quote]

Sooo... time to unbunch the panties? I know trying to bash your conquerors is your thing, but surely you can come up with something better than this?

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='Banksy' date='15 May 2010 - 03:24 AM' timestamp='1273922652' post='2298603']
So GOD is upset because it seems that UPN is keeping a potential tech farm for themselves? Damn. We must be bored.
[/quote]

Actually I was pissed because it's just not done. GOD has all the tech farms it needs - if we ever run out we'll simply pay WC another visit. We know they're good for it :D

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='15 May 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1273922663' post='2298604']
Sooo... time to unbunch the panties? I know trying to bash your conquerors is your thing, but surely you can come up with something better than this?
[/quote]
And here I was thinking you wanted to be friends D:

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='15 May 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1273923157' post='2298609']
Actually I was pissed because it's just not done. GOD has all the tech farms it needs - if we ever run out we'll simply pay WC another visit. We know[b] they're[/b] good for it :D
[/quote]
Fear me, for I am WC, and we are many.

[quote name='Syn' date='15 May 2010 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1273916217' post='2298554']
Just to make everything clear, Greene never intended to cause this heat to arise. He was only ensuring that our people got an equal say by monitoring the channel while we selected a leader, and formatted the key pieces of our government. Greene himself was used as a mediator, we apologize for any disrespect (or what seemed as "Shady" behavior). Our alliance, and the UPN want nothing but peace and harmony amongst you all.
[/quote]
Im sure he was well aware of the potential consequences of what he was doing. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of UPN. They will take your tech and run away if you get attacked. Alliances like TOP, GOD, STA and MK would make much better allies.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 May 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1273923762' post='2298616']
Im sure he was well aware of the potential consequences of what he was doing. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of UPN. They will take your tech and run away if you get attacked. Alliances like TOP, GOD, STA and MK would make much better allies.
[/quote]

Quoting this because my mind is blown. What have you done with Alterego?

[quote name='Syn' date='15 May 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1273916217' post='2298554']
[size="5"][size="2"]Greetings from the Facepunch Alliance.
[/size][/size]
I am coming to you as only some petty nominee, but I must (for the sake of many nations) set a few things straight about our alliance and the events that took place in the substandard IRC channel. We were assisted by the UPN by the means of receiving a temporary, working forum and IRC channel (for us to organize). This was organized as you said by the UPN Ministry of Defense, otherwise known as Greene345. We have struggled to accomplish our most coveted goal so far: the official formation of our very own alliance. [b]He is no longer in charge of any of our operations.[/b]

Just to make everything clear, Greene never intended to cause this heat to arise. He was only ensuring that our people got an equal say by monitoring the channel while we selected a leader, and formatted the key pieces of our government. Greene himself was used as a mediator, we apologize for any disrespect (or what seemed as "Shady" behavior). Our alliance, and the UPN want nothing but peace and harmony amongst you all.
[/quote]
Well you heard it here from Facepunch, that they are fine. To all those complaining about the bans, you'll most likely get unbanned. So get over yourselves.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' date='15 May 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1273926560' post='2298642']
UPN are the best nation builders and will help facepunch greatly :)
[/quote]

(this is sarcasm but dont tell anyone [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/shh.gif[/img])

[quote name='kevin32891' date='15 May 2010 - 05:34 AM' timestamp='1273926850' post='2298644']
Well you heard it here from Facepunch, that they are fine. To all those complaining about the bans, you'll most likely get unbanned. So get over yourselves.
[/quote]

Mmm, not quite. You heard it from two members, Syn and Starpluck. Not from Wakka, unoriginalname, jetboy, fippe, Stupideye, or any of the others. So you butt out of a diplomatic incident over which you are woefully uninformed and which has nothing to do with you.

Well, as of now, Syn[FP] has tilde in #facepunch, and Greene345 (the correct spelling) is the only AOP. Looks like they're still getting stuff worked out.

My guess is the kickbans were so they could use it as a private channel to talk about chanserv and the like. IRC newbies often don't handle queries well.

Now that this is resolved, the only question remaining is how much juice people who hate UPN can get out of this 'diplomatic incident'.

The ironic thing about people chiding us because we were trying to shamelessly secure an ally/techfarm is that the people who were banned from that channel were most likely trying to do something similar...

Go go go!

[quote name='Torito' date='15 May 2010 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1273928651' post='2298659']
Now that this is resolved, the only question remaining is how much juice people who hate UPN can get out of this 'diplomatic incident'.

The ironic thing about people chiding us because we were trying to shamelessly secure an ally/techfarm is that the people who were banned from that channel were most likely trying to do something similar...

Go go go!
[/quote]

It depends on how much class people want to have. Kick UPN a bit because a young, new alliance had some IRC problems? I'm sure some people will go for it.

I for one am very pleased to see that facepunch has regained control of its methods of communication.