The Amazing Like Race

Bilrow

[quote name='ratonbox' date='21 May 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1274399545' post='2306031']
Ok, here it is. I'll just C/P what i've said to admin.

It's just that simple. And because we very rarely offer them freeleech this turned out to be a rather good motivator. And I was going to simply rise the stakes if the competition would've lasted longer.
Also, the mandatory :smug:.
And congrats to GOONS and IAA! I really like the fact that you got a flag too.
[/quote]

Brilliant move, ratonbox. I would have utilized something similar, if I were still doing something like that (used to run silly web stuff back in the late 90's...not so much these days ^_^ ). Excellent use of available resources. Also, I'm extremely happy with the results, and congrats to you guys. Sorry the glory of the win was somewhat lost due to Facebook's mistake.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='21 May 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1274400823' post='2306063']
And congratulations to Nueva Vida and The Dark Templar. ;)
[/quote]

We seriously Love you guys! like a bunch! I am proud to be the first in my alliance to change my flag to the NV flag!

[quote name='PrinceArutha' date='21 May 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1274400978' post='2306068']
We seriously Love you guys! like a bunch! I am proud to be the first in my alliance to change my flag to the NV flag!
[/quote]

I suggest #71...it's absolutely gorgeous.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='21 May 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1274401193' post='2306082']
Thanks for your help, Your Squirrelishness. :)
[/quote]
Youre welcome your walrusishness :) (is it just me or are all the cool people in CN represented with animal avatars?

[quote name='nippy' date='21 May 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1274401319' post='2306088']
I suggest #71...it's absolutely gorgeous.
[/quote]

Yea, it's pretty sexy if I do say so myself. :awesome:

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='20 May 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1274397925' post='2305970']
Facebook's meddling shall not be forgotten. We roll at update.
[/quote]

Each alliance over 20 members shall nominate their least-favourite alliance-mate, who must switch their AA to 'Facebook', at which point they will be summarily destroyed. Sure, this scapegoating might not have any effect on the actual Facebook, but wouldn't it be cathartic?

Congrats to Nordreich, IAA, GOONS, Nueva Vida, and Dark Templar. The NV flag is one of the nicest going...glad to see it make it into the game.

[quote name='Schad' date='21 May 2010 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1274401849' post='2306115']
Each alliance over 20 members shall nominate their least-favourite alliance-mate, who must switch their AA to 'Facebook', at which point they will be summarily destroyed. Sure, this scapegoating might not have any effect on the actual Facebook, but wouldn't it be cathartic?
[/quote]

Oh god someone make this happen.

[quote name='ratonbox' date='21 May 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1274399545' post='2306031']
Ok, here it is. I'll just C/P what i've said to admin.

It's just that simple. And because we very rarely offer them freeleech this turned out to be a rather good motivator. And I was going to simply rise the stakes if the competition would've lasted longer.
Also, the mandatory :smug:.
And congrats to GOONS and IAA! I really like the fact that you got a flag too.
[/quote]

I was guessing offering them something on some of those facebook games.

Also I would of like you for free leeching if you told us about it :P

[quote name='Schad' date='20 May 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1274401849' post='2306115']
Each alliance over 20 members shall nominate their least-favourite alliance-mate, who must switch their AA to 'Facebook', at which point they will be summarily destroyed. Sure, this scapegoating might not have any effect on the actual Facebook, but wouldn't it be cathartic?[/quote]

Way to think outside the box.

[quote name='admin' date='20 May 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1274397086' post='2305929']
The Facebook "Like" counters are still incorrect and as we have no idea when the problem will be corrected I think it would be best to go ahead call an early end to the contest to save everyone the bickering and guesswork. I'm going to base the results off of Bilrow's [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85477&st=175&p=2301917&#entry2301917"]last good set of stats[/url] and proclaim Nordreich the winner of the contest to submit 3 flags in-game. And to make the other top two alliance contenders feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I will also be accepting one additional flag from Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism and one from Imperial Assault Alliance.

Please PM me a link to your flag submissions. The flags need to be 134px~ × 80px in size and they are subject to approval so please behave yourselves.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Sorry that Facebook failed us.
[/quote]

Thank you. :)

Congrats to NoR and GOONS. We should form a club, I mean, we are the most popular. :smug:

[quote name='PrinceArutha' date='20 May 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1274401554' post='2306107']
(is it just me or are all the cool people in CN represented with animal avatars?

[/quote]

i would like to think so.

congrats to NV, DT, IAA, and GOONS on the flags, and o/ NoR :awesome:

[quote name='Mathias' date='21 May 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1274412701' post='2306409']
Thank you. :)

Congrats to NoR and GOONS. We should form a club, I mean, we are the most popular. :smug:
[/quote]

The Interplanetary Triumvirate of Bob? :smug:

[quote name='Mathias' date='20 May 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1274412701' post='2306409']
[/quote]
We can make custom letterman jackets, the we can lean on our 80s camero and sweet talk all the pretty girls :smug: