Joint Announcement from TORN/Zenith

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091029185309/cybernations/images/thumb/c/c6/TORN.svg/200px-TORN.svg.png[/img][/center]
[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/thumb/e/ee/Newzenflag.png/220px-Newzenflag.png[/img][/center]

[center][b][size="6"]The Thunderbolts and Lightning Accords, Part II[/size][/b][/center]

[quote]Article I. Sovereignty
Both signatories shall retain their sovereignty and shall not take any action, directly or indirectly, that would threaten the sovereignty of the other signatory.

Article II. Non-aggression
Both signatories pledge to refrain from any attacks upon the other, be it directly or indirectly. Both signatories shall not condone any acts of aggression toward the other nor use sanctions upon the other. Both signatories also pledge that diplomacy shall be the first action taken in any incident.

Article III. Mutual Defense
An act of war upon one signatory is to be considered an act of war upon the other and will be responded to with all available force.

Article IV. Optional Aggression

In the event that Zenith or TORN decides to take aggressive military action against another party, the other signatory may, at its discretion, provide whatever aid is deemed necessary, up to and including joining in the military action. The undersigned are highly encouraged to consult with the other before engaging in any aggressive military action.

Article V. Civility
Both signatories and its respective members shall remain civil to the other in any public area and any disagreements shall be solved through private channels.

Article VI. Communication
Both signatories shall remain in constant communication, either through forums or other forms of contact.

Article VII. Espionage
Neither signatory shall engage in any acts of espionage or conduct any acts malicious in nature toward the other signatory, including but not limited to condoning acts of aggression upon the other and aiding an enemy. If any information is found that concerns either signatory, the other shall provide said information immediately and without delays. If either signatory is found in violation of either condition, it is considered grounds for immediate termination.

Article VIII Termination
If either signatory wishes to withdraw from this treaty for any reason, they must inform the other 72 hours in advance where the treaty shall still remain active until the closure of aforementioned period. Following this period, Article II will remain active for a further 11 days.

Signed for Zenith

mike717, Third Overseer of Zenith,
Duncan King, FA Advisor
Zenith Assembly

Signed for The Order of Righteous Nations,

Bigwoody, Dear Leader
His Royal Thickness, TORN Thickfuhrer
Lord Curzon, Triumvir of Foreign Affairs
SinisterCanuck, Triumvir of War
DDEShare, Triumvir of Internal Affairs
AddictedAffliction, TORN Representative
[/quote]

tl;dr: Zenith and TORN upgrade from PEACE to MDoAP

Edited by mike717

[quote]Article IV. Optional Aggression

In the event that [b]Valhalla[/b] or TORN decides to take aggressive military action against another party, the other signatory may, at its discretion, provide whatever aid is deemed necessary, up to and including joining in the military action. The undersigned are highly encouraged to consult with the other before engaging in any aggressive military action.[/quote]

You might want to fix that. :ph34r:

[quote name='The Syndic' date='25 April 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1272242668' post='2275130']
[/quote]

No, you are missing it. It means that this treaty automatically chains into Valhalla.

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/242xx02.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='The Syndic' date='25 April 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1272242668' post='2275130']
[/quote]

[quote name='Chimaera' date='25 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1272243003' post='2275139']
Excellent cookie cutter MDoAP.

No, seriously, it's a good treaty but I have to laugh at the error Syndic pointed out.
[/quote]

That is quite funny, although the writing in treaties is some what overated. Just one of these days I want to see a treaty announcement like this.

[quote]This is a MDoAP, 3 days to cancel, no chaining, questions?[/quote]

[quote name='Chimaera' date='25 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1272243003' post='2275139']

No, seriously, it's a good treaty but I have to laugh at the error Syndic pointed out.
[/quote]

:smug:

Good luck to both Zenith and TORN. :)

[quote name='iMatt' date='25 April 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1272242684' post='2275131']
What is the history of this relationship? I thought that this may have already existed, and got downgraded at some point?
[/quote]

torn and zenith have had a Peace treaty for about a year now. After the aftermath of this war, and given that we had both been impressed with each other quite a bit over that time, it made sense to update the treaty to more accurately reflect the relationship.

[/quote]

yeah i fixed it on zeniths forums, then somehow i copied the wrong one. ahh well [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] im not one for crazy wacky treaties, and a cookie cutter one is fine with me.

edit: hi nate! i like you too.

Edited by mike717

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='25 April 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1272243138' post='2275145']
That is quite funny, although the writing in treaties is some what overated. Just one of these days I want to see a treaty announcement like this.
[/quote]

Its been tried, but in the end it reeks of professionalism. Treaty writing is all about finesse, and having fun with it. Just look at OBR, the Writ De Credo was a masterpiece, through graceful and convoluted language they were able to create a treaty that in essence prohibited all the signatories from attacking it, yet leaving a loophole by which they could all them. Very well written. But anyways, congrats

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='25 April 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272246183' post='2275209']
Why? I see nothing with it. :awesome:

Congrats to both TORN and Zenith on their treaty.
[/quote]

I'm sure the sekrit-vahalla-chaining-clause was suppose to remain sekrit. I have exposed your nefarious plot. Surrender now. :ph34r: