An MHAnnouncement

[center][img]http://mostlyharmlessalliance.com/merits/67.jpg[/img][/center]
Ladies and Gentlemen of Bob,

Over the course of the last few days, MHA informed all of its PIAT partners of our intention to cancel all PIATs and discontinue the practice of entering into PIAT agreements. Traditionally, PIATs have been used as a stepping stone to larger, more binding agreements. Most of our current PIATs have been enacted for a very long time and have not served the purpose for which they were originally intended.

Furthermore, we assert that the friendship, trust, and cooperation required of obligatory treaties is better earned through hands on, practical involvement between two parties.

We recognize that PIATs do serve a symbolic purpose, but we believe that in some instances, they numb the signing parties to what really needs to be done. They numb us to what it takes to move on from their level and as such, many of them often remain dormant for long periods of time.

The MHA will always be seeking to make friends with new people who share our vision and interests. We merely hope to do so in a way where actions will speak louder than words in a PIAT when it comes to establishing relationships.

To our old PIAT partners, we extend to you the invitation to meet with us and get to know us, should you desire. Our decision lies in the attempt to take a more pragmatic approach to the establishment of relationships and is not due to any grievances, neither individual nor collective.

Signed,

Jadoo1989, Triumvir
Pudge1975, Triumvir
Majorddf, Triumvir

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, not necessarily a policy I would agree with, but I generally agree that getting to know an alliance for real cannot be replaced by any treaty.
Now you only gotta cancel with the gRAMlins, and your FA definitely will have been streamlined :D

[quote name='jadoo1989' date='14 April 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1271238047' post='2259899']
That's why there's a subtitle contained under the title which reads, in English, "Regarding our PIATs". I'm pretty sure that's a good clue that the announcement is regarding our PIATs. :P
[/quote]

Subtitles have lost credibility with all the DoW puns :P

Clearly an attempt to shirk some kind of responsibility to another alliance in the next war and/or an easy way to wipe clean some existing treaties under the guise of a policy change.

When oh when will ebil MHA stop oppressing the masses?

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1271243185' post='2259958']
What will come of Harmlins is what I'm wondering more about, but congrats on getting rid of some of your treaties which have lost their worth.
[/quote]
I could have sworn Harmlins wasn't a PIAT.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 April 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1271239399' post='2259915']
Just to confirm, you are cancelling on these people right?

ADI
Genesis
GUN
[b]Invicta[/b]
The Legion
UBD
UPN
[/quote]
They're not cancelling on us.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='14 April 2010 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1271248772' post='2260021']
Jadoo1989, Triumvir
Pudge1975, Triumvir
Majorddf, Triumvir

Never heard of any of you...
[/quote]
[color="#FFFF00"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Neither have I. :v:[/font][/color]

Well CN doesn't end on OWF. Furthermore, because of some practices here, many regard OWF as irrelevant(at best) to real politics of Bob. Example - Pudge is probably unknown to many of people here; but claiming to know much about us at the moment, without knowing him is... a bit baffling.

I was glad to see some new applications for diplomatic mask on our forums, the IRC is still a bit underestimated, but hopefully that will change with time.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='14 April 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1271248244' post='2260018']
They're not cancelling on us.
[/quote]
A wiki edit done by one of their gov members says otherwise, unless you cancelled on them first.