Ceasefire

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='18 March 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1268968568' post='2229887']
The honorable move would have been to have actually gotten together with your opponent and negotiated/announced peace. This is not only an insult but an act of cowardice.

OBR, I am ashamed.
[/quote]
Gentle Persons

First our good page was one of our warriors against TORN and is still in range and though he shall be put through more training in the art of peace I shall say that if one has earned the right to speak it is one who indeed fought for our allies. I would not have further commented but the above quote surely caught my attention. I am sure it is my lack of understanding of the English language. When one remains on guard of ones allies risking being attacked while not attacking an already overwhelmed enemy it is cowardice but obtaining peace thus preventing any possibility of attack on us is not. Please feel free to explain this incongruity to me as my grasp of the concepts and English language must be suspect. As for those who disagree with this well that was bound to happen I am pleased that the Leader of GR has understood we still have his back. We are not on a side in this conflict we are here only to honour our treaty. I would have thought sneaking off to peace leaving our ally still at war would have been considered cowardice but perhaps I was unclear. It would however be helpful if those who disagree with this move because a ceasefire instead of peace is cowardice and those who believe a ceasefire is a de facto white peace would converse. It is all too confusing for one such as I to understand. Are we ate peace or simply cowards for not being at peace? It would really help our planning if you let us know.
This war has produced a strong degree of animus sadly when we try to keep some sense of chivalry in this conflict even that act is used to heap scorn all around. We shall never please all but since our ally is content and they are all we fought for then we shall try to do better in future for the rest of you.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this strikes me as more than a little odd, if your allies are happy then that's all that matters.

[quote name='Hime Themis' date='19 March 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1268972597' post='2229942']
Gentle Persons

First our good page was one of our warriors against TORN and is still in range and though he shall be put through more training in the art of peace I shall say that if one has earned the right to speak it is one who indeed fought for our allies. I would not have further commented but the above quote surely caught my attention. I am sure it is my lack of understanding of the English language. When one remains on guard of ones allies risking being attacked while not attacking an already overwhelmed enemy it is cowardice but obtaining peace thus preventing any possibility of attack on us is not. Please feel free to explain this incongruity to me as my grasp of the concepts and English language must be suspect. As for those who disagree with this well that was bound to happen I am pleased that the Leader of GR has understood we still have his back. We are not on a side in this conflict we are here only to honour our treaty. I would have thought sneaking off to peace leaving our ally still at war would have been considered cowardice but perhaps I was unclear. It would however be helpful if those who disagree with this move because a ceasefire instead of peace is cowardice and those who believe a ceasefire is a de facto white peace would converse. It is all too confusing for one such as I to understand. Are we ate peace or simply cowards for not being at peace? It would really help our planning if you let us know.
This war has produced a strong degree of animus sadly when we try to keep some sense of chivalry in this conflict even that act is used to heap scorn all around. We shall never please all but since our ally is content and they are all we fought for then we shall try to do better in future for the rest of you.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

In the words of the Immortal Bard: "Ba-Zing!"

[quote name='Ellis' date='18 March 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1268970221' post='2229909']
Isn't that usually known as a DoW?

In which case, it's frowned upon not to, and can get you in quite a lot of trouble :P
[/quote]
I put "every" in bold for a reason. A Dow is when you say you will start attacking someone. A peace treaty is when you agree to stop attacking someone.
All OBR is doing now is saying "we won't attack you [b]now[/b" Which is the same as saying "we are attacking you" every time you DoW a nation.

So by OBR standers not only should they post a DoW, they so also make a thread for each nation to nation war.

I will say I am pleased to see OBR continuing to be the honorable group of nations they have always been. I expected nothing less.. Though to be honest, I was hoping this was a much Broader Ceasefire constituting a winding down of planetwide hostilities. Alas.. it is just another quiet bowing out of a participant. I'll take it .. but ADMIN knows.. I'm actually quite bored with this curbstomp... *not that anyone cares how I feel :P*

oo/ TORN
oo/ OBR

Best of luck moving forward.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='18 March 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1268970047' post='2229907']Don't get me wrong, OBR's move here makes sense and none should question their staunch support of the Greenland Republic, but when I see things like this they're just too transparent to pass up.
[/quote]

I'll question any alliance's staunch support until I see it demonstrated. Joining a beatdown and then e-lawyering a white peace isn't enough.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='19 March 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1268977201' post='2230020']
I'll question any alliance's staunch support until I see it demonstrated. Joining a beatdown and then e-lawyering a white peace isn't enough.
[/quote]
Riiiiight. You people on planet bob dont know what you want. Its sad watching you run around in circles

First, you yell about how alliances should always honor their treaties. When an alliance does honor their treaty, you bash them for band wagoning or joining in on a curb stomp.

Then you say alliances should fight wars with honor (god i hate that word), and when they do you complain about how its not honorable enough to meet your standards and how you think they [i]should[/i] do it. Or how there are hidden motives. Or whatever else you guys can come up with just so you have a reason to complain.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='18 March 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1268979012' post='2230072']
Riiiiight. You people on planet bob dont know what you want. Its sad watching you run around in circles

First, you yell about how alliances should always honor their treaties. When an alliance does honor their treaty, you bash them for band wagoning or joining in on a curb stomp.

Then you say alliances should fight wars with honor (god i hate that word), and when they do you complain about how its not honorable enough to meet your standards and how you think they [i]should[/i] do it. Or how there are hidden motives. Or whatever else you guys can come up with just so you have a reason to complain.
[/quote]

Some people have nuanced opinions. I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

[quote name='magicninja' date='19 March 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1268978074' post='2230048']
Pretty nice of you guys to offer this up.

Let's see how they respond.....
[/quote]
They're unprepared, the offensive shall be launched on Tuesday!

In all seriousness, OBR have been classy opponents throughout this war, which is quite the accomplishment in a time where mot of the discourse we see is hostile. This has been true in public and private. Not to mention, they've taken our rather rigorous defense via nuclear means in stride, without complaint (few alliances have been this way in both public and private). Between that attitude and them managing to get our pre-war #2 nation to surrender without firing a shot, OBR is a group to be respected.

Cheers.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='19 March 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1268980626' post='2230092']
Some people have nuanced opinions. I'm sorry you're having a hard time.
[/quote]
which is a sign of you not knowing what you want. You'd rather find anyway possible to vilify someone than stick to a set of principles.

[quote name='neneko' date='18 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1268959508' post='2229728']
Nice attempt to use a respectable and honorable move to fuel your own propaganda. You're a credit to bob.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No propaganda. Just an observation. Now while I won't claim TOP is in the right here, surely you cannot claim that terms which remove an alliance from the world stage for well over a year are justified? No amount of money could rebuild you. What you demand from TOP, IRON, and the others are merely the result of your own pettiness and refusal to drop your grudge. TOP has paid for whatever they've done to you. They have been broken. Now it is time to end this.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='19 March 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1268997698' post='2230175']
[color="#0000FF"]No propaganda. Just an observation. Now while I won't claim TOP is in the right here, surely you cannot claim that terms which remove an alliance from the world stage for well over a year are justified? No amount of money could rebuild you. What you demand from TOP, IRON, and the others are merely the result of your own pettiness and refusal to drop your grudge. TOP has paid for whatever they've done to you. They have been broken. Now it is time to end this.[/color]
[/quote]
Some TOP members would disagree. They dont see themselves as broken at all and are willin to keep goin at it, from what ive seen

[quote name='Newhotness' date='19 March 2010 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1269001509' post='2230214']
Some TOP members would disagree. They dont see themselves as broken at all and are willin to keep goin at it, from what ive seen
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They have no choice. I would continue fighting as well if I were in their place. But the point remains, CnG does not want to give them peace. The reps they are demanding are not to rebuild, but rather to remove TOP from the world. For at least a year. Hopefully more. That is the point.

It was rubbish when NPO used that tactic. Reps, followed by viceroys. Alliances were neutralized and unable to do a thing. It was absolute rubbish. Then Karma does it to NPO with ridiculous reps. Not to rebuild but to remove from the world. That was also rubbish. Now we see Karma, in all but name, doing it again to TOP and IRON. It is rubbish now as well.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='19 March 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1269001727' post='2230218']
[color="#0000FF"] Alliances were neutralized and unable to do a thing. It was absolute rubbish. Then Karma does it to NPO with ridiculous reps. Not to rebuild but to remove from the world. That was also rubbish.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, where did they go, those NPO-guys? It seems they are completely removed from the world. Oh wait, except for the fact that they're the second largest alliance out there and will probably become #1 again after the terms are over.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' date='19 March 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1269002968' post='2230229']
Yeah, where did they go, those NPO-guys? It seems they are completely removed from the world. Oh wait, except for the fact that they're the second largest alliance out there and will probably become #1 again after the terms are over.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You've destroy their power base in this war. I fully expect you to hit them again after this war ends. Just after terms expire I suppose. I already know that is what you're planning.[/color]

A solid stance on the matter, OBR.

It is interesting to see that some have hard time accepting anything but black or white, peace or war, ect. Yet, some situations call for an adaptable approach. Let's hope that this cease-fire blooms into full peace. Good luck.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='19 March 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1268997698' post='2230175']
[/quote]

Remove them from the world stage? Are you kidding? TOP could easily accept their terms today and be sanctioned again within a few months. IRON probably could as well given how all their top ranks have sat in peace mode the whole war.

Neither alliance shall by any means have been "removed from the world stage".

[quote name='Newhotness' date='19 March 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1268987579' post='2230128']
which is a sign of you not knowing what you want. You'd rather find anyway possible to vilify someone than stick to a set of principles.
[/quote]

Oh I have principles. They might be a little too complicated for you to understand. They don't start and end with "durrr hurrr honour your treaties" I'm afraid. If you believe that not being a drooling twit is not knowing what you want, be my guest. But keep the twits from drooling on me, thanks.

Edited by Sal Paradise