More peace

Salmia

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='27 February 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1267333747' post='2207606']
One way or the other, this was a good fight and I enjoyed it. Thanks for the battle.
[/quote]

That is quite a change of heart you have had there ;)

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='28 February 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1267333999' post='2207620']
$800 million? Geez, I would hope so, in a nuclear war. :awesome:
[/quote]
Remember what alliance he's coming from. 800 million would probably double NSO's strength. :v:

Edited by Snowbeast

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='28 February 2010 - 05:08 AM' timestamp='1267333922' post='2207614']
Helpful advice, making threats to one of the largest alliances in the game is not gonna help your case.
[/quote]

I truly do see your point. But, I didn't mean it as a threat at all really. I am by no means going to actively try to oppose Sparta, but I certainly don't want myself allied to anyone close with them, etc. And I know that many others feel the same way.

[quote name='Snowbeast' date='28 February 2010 - 05:08 AM' timestamp='1267333930' post='2207616']
I'm sure Sparta is shaking in their diamond encrusted boots paid for by TOOL reps.
[/quote]

Classy post there! :v:

[quote]So..TOOL can't pay these easily?

What Mia, do you guys not have warchests or something? WHAT ARE YOU TELLING YOUR PEOPLE MIA DAMMIT[/quote]

[quote]I'm sure Sparta is shaking in their diamond encrusted boots paid for by TOOL reps. [/quote]

Mama told if you aint got nothing to say......... let them say it for themselves.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='28 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1267333836' post='2207611']
I wasn't aware; i'm sooooo bad at these things sometimes!

You know that big run-on sentences that can add more and more parts and try to explain everything until the only thing it does is confuse?

Our allies were standing by to defend ever since rumors of this war developed. Look through the war history and you'll see almost every single ally, defensive and ODP, was standing by and eventually assisted us in defense. This includes key names within NOIR as well. Of course our friends saved us; that's what friends do. [b]We could have taken TOOL/Legion/OMFG ourselves while attacking IRON/TOP,[/b] but why deny the assistance of our friends, ready to lock their shields in place with the phalanx, when they ask? With Sparta and her allies working together as a unified front, we cannot be defeated. So I'm sorry we ruined your plan and decided to let our friends come to war with us ;-P

Anyway, this was far too long a reply for someone such as The Big Bad, who I have been very unimpressed with anytime I've seen him.
[/quote]

Wow. The bolded part invalidates everything else you said because it shows a distinct detachment from reality. Sparta showed one of, if not the worst performances and preparedness among mid sized and big alliances involved in the war.

[quote name='Snowbeast' date='27 February 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1267333930' post='2207616']
I'm sure Sparta is shaking in their diamond encrusted boots paid for by TOOL reps.
[/quote]
We actually bought hard candy-encrusted thongs :awesome:

[quote name='Castles' date='28 February 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1267334412' post='2207636']

Mama told if you aint got nothing to say......... let them say it for themselves.
[/quote]
Diamonds in my country are our form of currency :smug:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1267332872' post='2207558']
Who had declared an offensive war on an alliances supposedly in support of a conflict that said alliances were not in.

Brilliant friends and allies. The beatdown they took + the reparations should convince them to choose their allies more carefully (Hint: Competence is good). If not, well, they probably deserve what they got.
[/quote]

Ok, to see if I get it straight, people should choose their allies carefully not because they respect them, not because they have a bond, not because they want, but because if those allies have the bad luck of ending on the down side of a war people should expect to pay heavy reparations - and in this case they are heavy, still far from the NPO-heavy type, but heavy regardless - for picking them as allies?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1267333674' post='2207602']
Read the whole thing. I think I do, if you want further clarification you know where to find me.

So..TOOL can't pay these easily?

What Mia, do you guys not have warchests or something? WHAT ARE YOU TELLING YOUR PEOPLE MIA DAMMIT
[/quote]

Bob, when did you ever see a TOOL member say we could not pay these reparations? TOOL has not said any such thing. So please don't take a shot at TOOL when we're not the ones saying we're incapable of paying it. We would not have agreed to it if we could not pay it.

[quote name='Niedalry' date='28 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1267333946' post='2207617']
Thank you TOOL for your assistance. :wub:

I'm extremely sad and disappointed to see you suffer these reparations for being great allies and for simply honoring our treaty.
I can only wish you admin speed in paying reps and rebuilding TOOL to its former strength.

o/ TOOL
[/quote]

I am glad to have fought alongside of IRON. :wub: IRON :wub:

First, it's nice to see another ally out of this war. Looking at these terms, it appears that although they mistakenly think that they are funny, RIA, LOSS, and LOUD, are actually stand up guys. Sparta, MA, and Nemesis, on the other hand, appear to be requiring reparations from TOOL even though they piled on an already heavily engaged alliance.

Oh well.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='28 February 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1267334730' post='2207646']
Ok, to see if I get it straight, people should choose their allies carefully not because they respect them, not because they have a bond, not because they want, but because if those allies have the bad luck of ending on the down side of a war people should expect to pay heavy reparations - and in this case they are heavy, still far from the NPO-heavy type, but heavy regardless - for picking them as allies?
[/quote]
The bad luck?

No, you should choose /competent/ allies who don't make extremely stupid decisions or expect to end up up !@#$% creek without a paddle.

[quote name='Salmia' date='28 February 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1267334776' post='2207648']
Bob, when did you ever see a TOOL member say we could not pay these reparations? TOOL has not said any such thing. So please don't take a shot at TOOL when we're not the ones saying we're incapable of paying it. We would not have agreed to it if we could not pay it.

I am glad to have fought alongside of IRON. :wub: IRON :wub:
[/quote]
Mia, that was all sarcasm. I know you guys are capable.

[quote] We could have taken TOOL/Legion/OMFG ourselves while attacking IRON/TOP, but why deny the assistance of our friends, ready to lock their shields in place with the phalanx, when they ask? With Sparta and her allies working together as a unified front, we cannot be defeated.[/quote]

This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen here. Seems to me most of your united front is embarrassed by not only your performance in the war but, even more so by your attempt to get massives reps out of the fighting they did to save you. oh I see a united front all right. A united front, bringing together people from both sides of the war, looking at Sparta in disgust. Bravo.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='28 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1267334435' post='2207637']
Wow. The bolded part invalidates everything else you said because it shows a distinct detachment from reality. Sparta showed one of, if not the worst performances and preparedness among mid sized and big alliances involved in the war.
[/quote]

If you really believe this man, so you don't talk to other people in your alliance. You should ask your top nations about their encounter with Sparta. You can disagree with us, you can hate us, but to say bad things about Spartan performence is just a big lie. It was not casual that our ranking position and our average NS didn't drop as much as the majority of alliances. Even when we are at war with TOP/IRON, which btw I consider good opponents.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1267335038' post='2207658']
The bad luck?

[b]No, you should choose /competent/ allies who don't make extremely stupid decisions or expect to end up up !@#$% creek without a paddle.[/b]

Mia, that was all sarcasm. I know you guys are capable.
[/quote]

Aren't you allied with Athens?

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='27 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1267331452' post='2207492']
Are you even serious? I can also say without a doubt every TOOL nation I fought was a half dead slug but I suppose I don't need to constantly remind myself that I'm competent like you apparently need to. You should probably check yourself before making useless shows of bravado.
[/quote]

He is serious and I have some of the same stories myself and wait.......yes, I have checked myself for making useless shows of bravado and went ahead and checked gamemaster and none were found to be useless. So bravo to all of TOOL! What was it, seven alliances on us? WOW!! Who would have thought it would take seven to bring us down.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1267335038' post='2207658']

No, you should choose /competent/ allies who don't make extremely stupid decisions or expect to end up up !@#$% creek without a paddle.

[/quote]

And there's the money quote. You should pick allies based on who is going to be on the winning side of wars.

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='28 February 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1267335100' post='2207663']
Aren't you allied with Athens?
[/quote]
I think I have made my stance on Athens pretty clear.

$%&@ you Londo. D:

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='28 February 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1267335095' post='2207662']
If you really believe this man, so you don't talk to other people in your alliance. You should ask your top nations about their encounter with Sparta. You can disagree with us, you can hate us, but to say bad things about Spartan performence is just a big lie. It was not casual that our ranking position and our average NS didn't drop as much as the majority of alliances. Even when we are at war with TOP/IRON, which btw I consider good opponents.
[/quote]

You sure it had nothing to do with a lot of your top ranks staying in Peace mode while your allies fought in the upper ranks. say for example yew gate(your strongest nation)

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Roadie' date='28 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1267335150' post='2207666']
And there's the money quote. You should pick allies based on who is going to be on the winning side of wars.
[/quote]
When war is the same as extremely stupid decisions, then yup, you should. Since they aren't, thank you for ignoring what I said.