An announcement from GRE and Fark

Zangmonkey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Diomede' date='22 February 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1266882525' post='2198113']
I find it pretty :awesome: how there's lot's of former Cit (all six alliances) expressing a desire to have fought on the same side, myself included.

One day maybe. One day.
[/quote]

I think if that happened, we'd be unstoppable! :D

You evil [i]evil[/i] Gramlins, exploiting and badgering Zenith into peace. How dare you! :mad:

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 February 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1266880751' post='2198061']
[i]Labat Blue[/i]

Fizzy amber ale
Tastes like heaven in my mouth
This is a good beer.
[/quote]
I think you sent that to the wrong place, that's for GOONS. :v:

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='22 February 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1266880555' post='2198055']
Ah, I can't keep up with the war map.
[/quote]

I've personally found this series of updates really handy.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=295&showentry=1351

Its a rather nice graph of the war, and isn't a giant mess like most attempts, I believe Jerichoholic mentioned at some point hes got a little program that generates it for him.

Oh dang it, I said use the second set of sigs! :o

Oh well.

GRE, FARK, it was real. Good fighting.

OG, it was a distinct pleasure working with you. You are all anyone could want in an ally and more.

Forward in Peace, friends.

*Edit:

I would also like to add that procedures are not set in stone, that creative solutions can be found to problems, and that the cease-fire was a great example of that. Many thanks to FARK and GRE (and OG) in taking a chance on us, it is very appreciated.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Good game.

GRE fought well. Fark you guys definitely stopped us from doing any more harm to GRE from pretty early in the war. Good coordination on the part of our opponents as well.

Old Guard and IRON - it was a pleasure being side by side with you guys.

Edited by Rob Holmes IIi

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1266886723' post='2198214']
GRE originally wanted a haiku out of me and Fark wanted a beer review. I figured I'd combine the two for my own amusement.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why we would have asked for a haiku, as there are much better forms of poetry out there.

Anyway, congrats on peace everyone. The Old Guard nations I fought were good fun, and were all classy people. I didn't have the pleasure to fight any Zenith nations though, but I only heard good things.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='22 February 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1266880045' post='2198031']
Zenith, well fought, tho FARK did most of the heavy lifting on your front I would like to say that your guys fought well and with decency
FARK I would like to thank for all your help with Zenith without your assistance they would have caused us significant issues.[/quote]
Yeah, we almost had you right where we wanted you, then those FARK members smothered us. It's really hard to pin someone down when you're being pulled off by 2-3 other people. Once we were tied up by tripping over FARK members, we weren't able to help Old Guard pin you down.

FARK, you did very well. You were a far different group of fighters than the undisciplined jumpers who couldn't stagger that I dealt with during the Illuminati war. I'll o7 you for that.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1266886723' post='2198214']
GRE originally wanted a haiku out of me and Fark wanted a beer review. I figured I'd combine the two for my own amusement.
[/quote]
And a new artform is created.

The Beirku.

[center]Rodenbach Red
[img]http://www.hallofbeers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/rodenbach.thumbnail.jpg[/img]
malty chewiness
sour red ale from flanders
bold head frothing white
[/center]

o/ Peace and Beer

EEjack

edit: poet failure fixed

Edited by EEjack

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 February 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1266880751' post='2198061']
LOL, who sent them the big sigs? :rolleyes:

Very happy to be at peace. For the Farkers:

[i]Labat Blue[/i]

Fizzy amber ale
Tastes like heaven in my mouth
This is a good beer.

Edit: syllables
[/quote]

Rejected!

Labatt has two t's

Blue/Bleue is a Pilsner

If that is heaven, I would hate to see hell.

/Thanks for the fight, your nukes hurt more than I let on.

Just a few things:

Gre and FARK, thanks for being understanding of our democratic process, and thanks for fighting so hard. We got smoked, but it was fun. I hope we provided some challeng to you guys.

IRON - Thanks for helping us out during the war. We don't have a treaty with you, but it's not something i'll forget. Good luck.

To OG and especially EEJack. It was a priviledge and an honor to get to know you guys and run this operation together. Here's to a new chapter in OG-Zenith relations.

For my alliance mates, words can express how proud i am of you guys for the way you fought.

Beer review forthcoming.

Edited by mike717

[quote name='EEjack' date='23 February 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1266887996' post='2198248']
And a new artform is created.

The Beirku.

[center]Rodenbach Red
[img]http://www.hallofbeers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/rodenbach.thumbnail.jpg[/img]
malty chewiness
sour red ale from flanders
bold head frothing white
[/center]

o/ Peace and Beer

EEjack

edit: poet failure fixed
[/quote]
That head is better described as "tan", EE. :P Same sylables to.

It is ironic that it is on the battlefield and within the ruins of our nations that old allies driven apart once again come together as friends. It is good to see that old grudges were also nuked into atoms in this conflict. Should we stand on the same side in a future war it will be an honor to call you comrads.

P