An announcement from the Mostly Harmless Alliance, FOK, and FARK

jadoo1989

[quote name='King Death II' date='19 February 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1266580973' post='2191890']
No reps? Are you kidding me? Way to go, on letting the other side win the game in the long term.
[/quote]

RIA has a history of not forcing unnecessary reparations on their defeated opponents. Guess it's time to shop around for a new alliance! Good luck. :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on peace everyone. It was a good fight NADC.

[quote name='pezstar' date='19 February 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1266562572' post='2191740']
Just don't do it. It's not as though they can actually make it a requirement for peace.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how violating their surrender terms would be a good idea. :huh:

[quote name='x Tela x' date='19 February 2010 - 04:36 AM' timestamp='1266554201' post='2191429']
It was fun, MHA/FOK. :)

Also, lol at beer reviews. Maybe we've got someone silly enough to do that.
[/quote]
*coughs*
Beeer, where? :P

Fun fight guys. :)

[quote name='Krack' date='19 February 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1266575653' post='2191839']
I, too, heard this vicious rumor. I find it very hard to believe.
[/quote]

We had new nations with about 2k infra getting nuked.. so yes they nuked non-nuclear nations.

Congrats on peace everyone I guess.

[quote name='Otherworld' date='19 February 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1266585370' post='2191934']
We had new nations with about 2k infra getting nuked.. so yes they nuked non-nuclear nations.
[/quote]

FOK is a terrible terrible alliance. I hope someone punishes them for such heinous crimes.

I had great fun fighting MCXA. All those surrender terms sent to me after I anarchied a nation were so endearing[read:irritating]. Sending mail [ooc] and calling my leaders and my boyfriend [/ooc] fascist made me chuckle [read: snort]. I love you MCXA :wub: Good luck rebuiding.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='19 February 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1266573801' post='2191821']
Oh my using TOP's aiding of alliances on their-side of the war after you bandwagoned onto their allies with no reason to speak of other than Gremlins right of sovereignty is a pretty poor justification of negating your treaties. Personally I think we have found our replacement for the old ODN.
[/quote]
I will just repost a summary of my questions/conversation I had with a member of TOP, also ex-GRE

1) Did TOP not break the spirit of the treaty by attacking MK? whom I believe any of the ex-Gre members in TOP could have told you that Gre would move to defend them. By attacking MK, you are bringing in Gre and this leaves the MHA no room to maneuver. Is this something an ally should do?

2) Did TOP/IRON not consider the depth of the MHA-Gre relationship before attacking C&G? Did TOP/IRON really think that the TOP-MHA treaty or any treaty would supercede the Harmless Accords? Was any of the ex-Gre members in TOP consulted on how MHA would react if TOP were to hit C&G? Did they also think that the Harmless Accords are just another piece of paper?

TOP's actions essentially forced us to choose between them and Gre. But was there any doubt where we would fall?
Everyone blames us for violating the treaty. But I would just ask this question, who forced us into the situation where we had to choose violating our treaty with TOP or leave Gre to fight IRON alone? Was there any doubt which would we choose?

Yes, the way our treaties lean, we would probably be fighting on the SF side, but if TOP didn't choose this course of action, would we be fighting IRON?

3) A suggestion was made that we could have hit TORN and DAWN w/o hitting IRON. Asking us to hit TORN and DAWN is akin to asking TOP to hit only Vanguard and Athens only in C&G. Doesn't make any sense does it?
If TORN and DAWN was not involved, what then can the MHA do? Watch while Gre fights IRON alone? Fight TOP or IRON? Was TORN and DAWN brought in for the sole purpose of ensuring that the MHA would not fight IRON? I do not think so and hope that this is not so.

If you still are not happy, I would request you approach any ex-Gre TOP members for their strategic view of how Gre would react and then how MHA would react with TOP's DoW? You had such a huge resource of Gre-MHA relations experts in your coalition, but was any of it ever utilised when deciding your plans?

Anyway, good luck to NADC, Echelon and MCXA in their rebuilding.

[quote name='majorddf' date='19 February 2010 - 03:10 AM' timestamp='1266570659' post='2191806']
MCXA certaintly did not deserve a white peace, or even an off white peace, many of their nations behaved so dishonorably that they should have been made to pay through the nose! So I think that they should count themselves lucky to get away with the terms they have.

As always, peace is preferable.

MHAIL!
[/quote]

Don't make false accusations and not show proof to back it up. What was so dishonhonorable? Oh yeah using our spies. I remember you guys saying it was just like getting nuked. I see the similarity in that. And having a nuclear nation at 4500k ns nuking non nuclear nations is Honorable.

Here's my proof.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=255725
http://www.cybernations.net/message.asp?ID=48927467

Anyway good fight Mha And fok. Had fun sending those pm's to you. And good job to our allies. Now hopefully others will put an end to this conflict so everybody can start to rebuild. Thanks again for a good fight.

[quote name='alkicker' date='19 February 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1266596287' post='2192091']
Don't make false accusations and not show proof to back it up. What was so dishonhonorable? Oh yeah using our spies. I remember you guys saying it was just like getting nuked. I see the similarity in that. And having a nuclear nation at 4500k ns nuking non nuclear nations is Honorable.

Here's my proof.

Anyway good fight Mha And fok. Had fun sending those pm's to you. And good job to our allies. Now hopefully others will put an end to this conflict so everybody can start to rebuild. Thanks again for a good fight.
[/quote]

I think it was more to the point of the BS messages you guys were spamming all our members with trying to claim our leaders are facists and all the other lies they contained ;D

[quote name='alkicker' date='19 February 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1266596287' post='2192091']
Here's my proof.
[/quote]

[quote name='scutterbug' date='19 February 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1266596502' post='2192097']
I think it was more to the point of the BS messages you guys were spamming all our members with trying to claim our leaders are facists and all the other lies they contained ;D
[/quote]
this

and Plus don't go complaining about Nuke Nations Nuking Non-Nuclear Ones, I'm a Non-Nuclear Nation and I've been nuked twice, My Non-Nuke Flightmate was nuked 5 times, It happened on both sides of the war buddy.
That being said, No Grudges held, mcxa put up a good fight, Good luck to you all in the future.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='19 February 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1266596452' post='2192094']
Well, looks like the rats flee the sinking ship, eh?
[/quote]
We left because IRON said we should. Echelon was perfectly willing to stay as long as IRON needed us, and in fact would not have left this war without not only IRON's permission, but their blessing, which we have received. I certainly don't like seeing my allies in a war of this magnitude, but Echelon really has nothing tangible left to offer.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='19 February 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1266596743' post='2192102']
FOK, FARK and MHA are far too merciful, I'm sure Echelon will break one of the terms in this soon enough, as hard as that is.
[/quote]
Yes, we have such a history of breaking surrender terms. In case you were wondering, the ridiculous term that we rescinded that "Karma" pushed on us, we have still not broken. We don't recognize it anymore, but if you really want to nit-pick, we have not broken the term.

[quote name='AvengingAngel256' date='19 February 2010 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1266597468' post='2192118']
this

and Plus don't go complaining about Nuke Nations Nuking Non-Nuclear Ones, I'm a Non-Nuclear Nation and I've been nuked twice, My Non-Nuke Flightmate was nuked 5 times, It happened on both sides of the war buddy.
That being said, No Grudges held, mcxa put up a good fight, Good luck to you all in the future.
[/quote]
Was I complaining? I was stating something that was in previous post. All is fair in war. It was a good fight and i had lots of fun. As for the messages being sent, you get what you give. If you didn't want pm's then you shouldn't have sent them either. If you read my previous post i said that MHA and FOK were a bunch of classy people. Am i wrong for that statment?

[quote name='alkicker' date='19 February 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1266598164' post='2192138']
Was I complaining? I was stating something that was in previous post. All is fair in war. It was a good fight and i had lots of fun. As for the messages being sent, you get what you give. If you didn't want pm's then you shouldn't have sent them either. If you read my previous post i said that MHA and FOK were a bunch of classy people. Am i wrong for that statment?
[/quote]

We send out harmless poetry and surrender terms, not messages calling your alliance leaders facists. Theres quite a distinct difference between the two ;)

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' date='19 February 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1266598585' post='2192151']
Wait, MHA handed out peace terms yet still didn't stop the whining? Oh dear....
[/quote]

Wait someone posting here without reading the entire thread and making a baseless claim?

I see no whining merely the exchanging of facts on either side move along.

[quote name='scutterbug' date='19 February 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1266598406' post='2192144']
We send out harmless poetry and surrender terms, not messages calling your alliance leaders facists. Theres quite a distinct difference between the two ;)
[/quote]

We did apoligise to scorn about sending such messages, it was a typo. We dont think your leaders are a 'darker facist wo'.

Anyway hail peace, see you another war.

Edited by MontyKo