Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1266380439' post='2187014']
Why would I be bitter about what you did to GPA? I wasn't in GPA. I didn't know anyone in GPA. GPA sure wouldn't be bitter if somebody rolled GOD. I have no reason to be bitter about GPA. [i]But[/i] when your alliance starts blathering on about us ignoring a precedent that doesn't exist I'm going to point out that, hey, you did the same thing in your day.
[/quote]

So you do agree with what the NPO did to GPA?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' date='16 February 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1266377304' post='2186891']
I love the propaganda about OV where you call them bad at war, seeing as you're complaining nearly a year later that you're still paying reparations to them.
[/quote]
This has got to be one of the stupidest posts of the thread, which is pretty impressive really. Are you attempting to claim that OV single-handedly beat the NPO? The reason NPO is paying them reps is because OV's allies beat NPO. No one is even trying to argue the other side. Stop trying to make us stupider.

[quote name='flak attack' date='16 February 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1266381243' post='2187048']
A lack of opinion on an event is a statement of support now?
[/quote]

He did not state his opinion about the event but he did imply that GOD is doing the same thing to NPO that NPO did to GPA:

[quote]
[i]But[/i] when your alliance starts blathering on about us ignoring a precedent that doesn't exist I'm going to point out that, hey, you did the same thing in your day.
[/quote]

If they are doing the same thing to NPO then I would assume that they agree with what NPO did to GPA.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='16 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1266381592' post='2187057']
He did not state his opinion about the event but he did imply that GOD is doing the same thing to NPO that NPO did to GPA:

If they are doing the same thing to NPO then I would assume that they agree with what NPO did to GPA.
[/quote]
When it comes to reps, apparently he does. Honestly, it doesn't bother me much anymore that we were expected to pay reps through the war, though it infuriated me at the time.

I'm curious, being as you're a newer nation and weren't around during the GPA war, how much do you know about it? I'm under the impression that you don't really understand what went on, which is pretty understandable since it was two years ago.

[quote name='flak attack' date='16 February 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1266381806' post='2187064']
When it comes to reps, apparently he does. Honestly, it doesn't bother me much anymore that we were expected to pay reps through the war, though it infuriated me at the time.

I'm curious, being as you're a newer nation and weren't around during the GPA war, how much do you know about it? I'm under the impression that you don't really understand what went on, which is pretty understandable since it was two years ago.
[/quote]

Some clarification:I'm talking about what NPO did to GPA after the war, when they were paying reps to NPO (when NPO made GPA give reps). Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't agree with the war itself and CB (or lack of).

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='16 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1266381592' post='2187057']

[/quote]
I did not have an opinion on GPA being made to pay reparations during war when it happened, nor do I at the moment. I do, however, have qualms with the way that war started and how it was persecuted in general if that's what you're getting at.

[quote name='Penkala' date='16 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1266374742' post='2186746']
It is impossible to defend against 172 NS "rogues". Pacifica couldn't defend their members from it before, so how can they expect the G15 to do it now?
[/quote]
Look again. The one they've been complaining about is 37K.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='16 February 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1266375592' post='2186778']Unlike the reparations section, the protection section is rather vague. Have any real alliances declared war on you so far? Any coordinated rogue attacks? No?[/quote]
Wait, rogue attacks have to be coordinated to be worth defending against?

I worry for your membership.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='16 February 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1266376741' post='2186859']
-Don't wear anti-Karma propaganda signatures on the OWF. (applies especially for the Emperor)
-Keep PUBLIC anti-Karma sentiment at an absolute minimum.
[/quote]
Wait, Karma doesn't exist anymore. How can there be anti-Karma sentiment?

[quote name='Brandon Simonson' date='16 February 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1266379070' post='2186966']
You mean to tell me people are just now starting to blame Bilrow personally?!? Yay, I was ahead of the curve again. :lol1:
[/quote]
Well, you probably were a bit ahead of the curve, but I'm pretty sure it's been a common practice for some time now. :awesome:

[quote name='flak attack' date='16 February 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1266380123' post='2187003']
When was the last time you heard of a former GPA member applying to an alliance on your side of the treaty web? I think that says something. When people leave GPA, we tend to go to alliances that we know won't ally themselves with NPO in a long, long time.
[/quote]
Invicta's last Vice President was ex-GPA.

GPA reps =/= NPO reps because GPA, to the best of my knowledge and records, did not request a waiver. The Order feels so strongly about this that we are willing to extending our terms to stay neutral in this conflict. I didn't know that was a failing on my part.

Regarding the people who say we actually want to be under terms indefinitely by "dragging our feet" on rep repayments.

I hope you're seriously deluded in thinking that or it's all a big joke. I don't even need to start pointing out how stupid it is.

Nothing is so sure in Bob anymore.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='16 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1266383878' post='2187121']
Everyone knows that committing an act of war (and this is really pushing that definition to the limit, given the circumstances) doesn't automatically mean you're at war, right?
[/quote]

You don't consider sending aid to nations at war to be committing an act of war?

So the next time Créole is at war, I guess there will be no issues if another alliance organizes $15 million in aid to each of the nations that you're fighting.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='17 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1266382942' post='2187102']
Invicta's last Vice President was ex-GPA.
[/quote]
I'm curious, who was that? I don't remember anyone from GPA going over there and the list of xGPA members on the forum doesn't have anyone in Invicta (It's a bit outdated though)

[quote name='Timmehhh' date='16 February 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1266375153' post='2186763']
FOK is sorry we can't uphold our obligation to defend NPO against rogues for the time being, due the global war.
When the war is over we will be ready again to deal with the rogues who are attacking NPO.
[/quote]

As a member of the Diplomatic Corps, I've had the chance to work with FOK in the past, and I must say they've been nothing but fantastic to talk with and always helpful. I know it's already been said, but I wanted to add my own thanks to FOK for being a great alliance to work with! :wub:

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1266384052' post='2187123']
You don't consider sending aid to nations at war to be committing an act of war?

So the next time Créole is at war, I guess there will be no issues if another alliance organizes $15 million in aid to each of the nations that you're fighting.
[/quote]

Not necessarily. As long as the aid isn't meant to help the nation at war with its war, I don't see it as an act of war. For example, a neutral party sells tech to nations at war (regardless of "sides") for commercial reasons. I don't see that as an act of war. Should that party sell tech in order to increase the battle odds of the nation at war, I see that as an act of war.

[quote name='flak attack' date='17 February 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1266384383' post='2187133']
I'm curious, who was that? I don't remember anyone from GPA going over there and the list of xGPA members on the forum doesn't have anyone in Invicta (It's a bit outdated though)
[/quote]
Amonra. He replaced me; I'm ex-NRGW. lol. Seems to be a trend of ex-somewhere as VP.

Our current VP, Learz, is ex-Vox. Just so you know.

Amonra may have been before your time, he left GPA way back.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='16 February 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1266384686' post='2187149']
Amonra. He replaced me; I'm ex-NRGW. lol. Seems to be a trend of ex-somewhere as VP.

[/quote]
If he left before Woodstock, I don't think it really matters.

Also, I don't remember Learz being ex-Vox. And I thought I knew everybody who was ex-Vox.

That's cool I guess. We are a great bunch. ^_^

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='16 February 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1266384446' post='2187137']
Not necessarily. As long as the aid isn't meant to help the nation at war with its war, I don't see it as an act of war. For example, a neutral party sells tech to nations at war (regardless of "sides") for commercial reasons. I don't see that as an act of war. Should that party sell tech in order to increase the battle odds of the nation at war, I see that as an act of war.
[/quote]

I don't think intention really has anything to do with whether the aid helps or not, but I am glad that NSO and NpO have stated that they understand our position while we continue sending reps to GOD.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1266385128' post='2187162']
I don't think intention really has anything to do with whether the aid helps or not, but I am glad that NSO and NpO have stated that they understand our position while we continue sending reps to GOD.
[/quote]

Yah, there was a real danger of those guys not being understanding. I thought we were going to see NSO declare war on NPO for aiding their enemies.

And before anyone asks, I'm totally serious.

Edit: sp

Edited by Benjamin Arouet

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='17 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1266383272' post='2187105']
GPA reps =/= NPO reps because GPA, to the best of my knowledge and records, did not request a waiver. The Order feels so strongly about this that we are willing to extending our terms to stay neutral in this conflict. I didn't know that was a failing on my part.
[/quote]

That's pretty much it. I have no issue with NPO coming to me and asking for them to be in terms for longer.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='17 February 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1266384686' post='2187149']

[/quote]
If he's before my time, you aren't putting up a very compelling case as for how often people join that side of the web, considering I joined just after UJW

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1266384052' post='2187123']

[/quote]

Imagine we live in a world where the majority of nations believed that aiding an alliance involved in a war was [b]not[/b] an act of war to the belligerents involved. See what the difference is now?

An "act of war" is [b]completely[/b] arbitrary.

Edited by Virillus

[quote name='Jesse End' date='17 February 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1266384052' post='2187123']
You don't consider sending aid to nations at war to be committing an act of war?[/quote]
In general it is an act of war. It's really stretching the definition in this case because of the context. But even then, it's up to the aggrieved alliance to recognize an act of war as a commencement of hostilities. Any time a nation in one alliance tech raids another one (and both are established alliances) it is an act of war. However, the raided alliance usually works out reparations instead of responding to an act of war with open warfare. Say that time some Fark noob raided a Pacifican nation (this was before Karma I believe). You sent one of your own to see what was up instead of automatically declaring war. In much the same way, Polaris seems to have mostly laughed this current Charlie Foxtrot instead of viewing themselves as at war with you.

[quote]So the next time Créole is at war, I guess there will be no issues if another alliance organizes $15 million in aid to each of the nations that you're fighting.
[/quote]
Ultimately it'll be up to us whether to recognize a state of war between ourselves and an alliance aiding our enemies.