The Prevalence of Spying on Bob

Sandwich Controversy

296 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='King Puffington' date='09 February 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1265754519' post='2171292']
Yes, I have personally gone into an alliance for the purpose of undermining them.

amidoinitrite
[/quote]
Meh. We already assumed that was why you joined ODN.

Edited by flak attack

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spied extensively throughout the Karma War and have re-activated my espionage activities in this latest war. It's pretty easy at my level, too, because nobody down here has any spies to stop me with. Unfortunately, they don't have any nukes for me to spy away either, and that was always the spy op that I enjoyed the most.

-Bama

[quote name='Epik High' date='09 February 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1265752515' post='2171220']
Except the poll isn't anonymous. Unless that was the joke. If so, lol funny etc.
[/quote]

It really doesn't matter. I voted that I've accepted information from spies. :3

[quote name='MisterShadow' date='09 February 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1265755287' post='2171318']
I've had "We think you are going to be attacked", and I asked why
[/quote]

Same with me but the answer i got was "Because they told us"

I spied on an alliance once... although to say I did it to undermine them is a bit inaccurate. A little while after UJW, an alliance popped up that looked like a group of rerolls (all on black team, all nations created in a short time span, etc)... I thought they were GOONS so I joined to find out whether it was a coincidence and really weird timing or if they really were rerolls. Turns out it was just a group of people who discovered the game at the same time and created nations together. I actually ended up helping them with setting up trades, figuring out the best resources, gave them some guides, etc, then left. They ended up getting bored of the game and quit.

[color="#0000FF"]While I have never entered into an alliance with the plan to undermine it, I have undermined alliances which I have joined in the past. So I kindly ask that nobody refer to me as a spy. For I am not a spy. Merely a traitor. Thank you for your understanding.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='09 February 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1265763695' post='2171564']
[color="#0000FF"]While I have never entered into an alliance with the plan to undermine it, I have undermined alliances which I have joined in the past. So I kindly ask that nobody refer to me as a spy. For I am not a spy. Merely a traitor. Thank you for your understanding.[/color]
[/quote]

If hell existed, you would burn in it for being a traitor.
Aren't you afraid of the judaico-christian notion of endless pain over the deeds you do in this material reality in the imaginary reality that they call afterlife?

Oh dang. Just noticed it was a public poll... oh dear. >_>

I was a terrible spy. I remember leaking a few logs to TPF and GOD that took place in January 2009 that said GOD was worried TPF was going to roll them or one of their allies. mhawk gave me logs, I gave to Xiphosis and vice-versa. :smug:

Actively undermining SOS Brigade. Next target will be .. umm... I dunno.

Edited by Bernkastel

At Grämlins at one point we had a spy come to us with NPO screenshots ... we sent him on his way and tipped of NPO. In Continuum there were various 'leaks' to get CBs on alliances that were about to be rolled; I wasn't involved enough to know if they were the result of spying or not. That all comes under (c).

An anonymous poll on this issue might be interesting. I'm guessing most of the votes for (a) are jokes.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='09 February 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1265767242' post='2171622']

An anonymous poll on this issue might be interesting. I'm guessing most of the votes for (a) are jokes.
[/quote]

Damn, you caught me.

Actually, I don't feel that an anonymous poll would be any better, to be honest. People would still vote (a) as a joke, and it totally ruin the purpose.

We may get to the ridiculous situation of some alliance being so infiltrated that it has nothing but spies from various alliances as its members, all of whom are unaware of the presence of the other spies and reporting the goings on of that alliance back to their masters. :awesome:

Edited by Prime minister Johns

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='10 February 2010 - 06:00 AM' timestamp='1265767242' post='2171622']
[/quote]

Ya I was gonna joke-vote but then I figured I couldn't care enough and just told the truth anyways. Do CB's expire 2 years later? meh

[quote name='Comrade Craig' date='10 February 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1265762512' post='2171534']
Spies, wannabe spies, saboteurs, and traitors of all stripes constantly feel the urge to share their information with whomever will listen. They want the recognition, which is why they usually get caught.

-Craig
[/quote]
You misunderstand the psychology of a spy and it is a more complex subject than you have previously thought, there are three main types of spy. And their motivation is the deciding factor on if they will talk.

Firstly there is the attention seeking spy will eventually do a giant expose with the information they uncover and enjoy the limelight the get. They are usually freelancers since no sane spy master would want the world to know that he knows certain things.

Then you have the mercenary spy who hands over information for money, these spies are more discreet than the first type but they are liable to reveal everything if the money runs out.

And finally there is the ideologically driven spy that will pass on the info in secret and continue to work indefinitely for no payment or public recognition. Their reward is being a part of a movement.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

List of people to roll:

Epik High Icon, Imperator G4G Icon, Jeeooh Icon, Chickenzilla Icon, mythicknight Icon, King Puffington Icon, lebubu Icon, Metallica5000 Icon, Stonewall Jaxon Icon, heggo Icon, Eden Taylor Icon, TwistedRebelDB47 Icon, hizzy Icon, Rebel Virginia Icon, Aimee Mann Icon, Horatio II Icon, Wa Mu Icon, General lee Icon, Tigerdonia Redux Icon, shirunei Icon, Alter Leader Nabla Icon, Bernkastel Icon, Yankeesfan924 Icon, Alekhine Icon, Zikawe Icon, Huntzman Icon, Sargun Icon, The Corrupt Teacher Icon, Tick1 Icon, Yevgeni Luchenkov Icon, Commisar Gaunt Icon, Darth Andrew Icon, Bad JuJu Icon, Jimmy2e Icon, Wizardess Icon

Down with the spaiz!

And to think that they're all icons. Something fishy is going on here, I say!

Edited by x Tela x

I actually only joined Kronos on a mission from Sparta to infiltrate their community and work towards isolating TOP...

I would have returned to the nest by now, but I had to make sure my effects were lasting... but hey, I've said too much.

[img]http://pictures.mastermarf.com/blog/2009/090921-conspiracy.jpg[/img]