Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Crymson

Well you probably did actually, although I haven't seen a precise timeline. Granted you weren't involved in said peace negotiations.

(given how peace was announced so shortly after your declaration, it seems quite possible that you attacked during the negotiations)

Why do you have to be such a downer?

:(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one of CnG had broken multiple treaties to attack TOP who wasn't involved, TOP would be crying foul right now.

If we're dealing in hypotheticals.

It was mighty obvious that CnG was going to attack TOP. Plus the giant hailstorm in #mushroom after the fact and everyone thanking CnG for setting up TOP/IRON pretty much confirmed it. Stop trying to get some moral high ground like TOP is the big bad school bully and you are an innocent bystander that he decided to punch in the face.

It was mighty obvious that CnG was going to attack TOP. Plus the giant hailstorm in #mushroom after the fact and everyone thanking CnG for setting up TOP/IRON pretty much confirmed it. Stop trying to get some moral high ground like TOP is the big bad school bully and you are an innocent bystander that he decided to punch in the face.

CN Lesson #1: Take nothing you see in #mushroom seriously.

hailstorm in #mushroom for having TOP declare on us and all of CN laughing in your faces?

Sorry, I bet that hurt.

All of CN?

News to me. CnG is not all of CN.

Maybe one day. Reach for those stars!

Someone is trying a bit too hard. I think its obvious CnG is not all of CN, but if you look at the comments from most alliances (except for you and yours) they think this was a !@#$@#$ stupid move. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't.

hailstorm in #mushroom for having TOP declare on us and all of CN laughing in your faces?

Sorry, I bet that hurt.

No it didn't hurt. So you hailed us declare, we hailed you all fighting it out. It's a war, it's fun, now everybody scream "yatzhee!" I seriously don't understand why anyone is upset about this. You wanted war, we gave you war. To say this is a completely separate war from the Polaris \m/ issue is completely ignorant. To say that MK had zero planning in this (albeit are not the main planning force, hi Ram!) would also be ignorant. This is all the same war, but instead of entering on your terms via bogus treaty lines (like I said before I actually found multiple treaties for us to have now attacked ourselves and all our allies) and losing the military vantage point of being able to choose targets, we chose to enter pre-emptively, take advantage of said strategical aspect.

No it didn't hurt. So you hailed us declare, we hailed you all fighting it out. It's a war, it's fun, now everybody scream "yatzhee!" I seriously don't understand why anyone is upset about this. You wanted war, we gave you war. To say this is a completely separate war from the Polaris \m/ issue is completely ignorant. To say that MK had zero planning in this (albeit are not the main planning force, hi Ram!) would also be ignorant. This is all the same war, but instead of entering on your terms via bogus treaty lines (like I said before I actually found multiple treaties for us to have now attacked ourselves and all our allies) and losing the military vantage point of being able to choose targets, we chose to enter pre-emptively, take advantage of said strategical aspect.

Yes LM, I do realize you put no stock in treaties and would rather attack first, ask questions later.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

It becomes a separate war when you attack a uninvolved party, which you did since were uninvolved at the time.

If this is a separate war then so far TOP is the only Citadel alliance that has gotten involved, I wonder if the rest will help them? :ph34r:

It becomes a separate war when you attack a uninvolved party, which you did since were uninvolved at the time.

Uninvolved is debatable. That's like saying I was uninvolved in Karma until I was at war in-game.

Yes LM, I do realize you put no stock in treaties and would rather attack first, ask questions later.

To be fair, does much of CN put stock in treaties? MHA should be defending us, Gremlins could defend us, I'm sure MK could chain into defending us somehow. Fact is there are three truths in CN. The political system has deteriorated unbelievably so (yes TOP and myself have been apart of this), treaties are worthless (again, yes TOP and myself have been apart of this, probably me more so then most as I've had people use Ghost DoW's, Chain things 10 times over, and asked people to find loop holes in treaties that have year long cancellation clauses, asked people to ignore NAP clauses post-cancellation and hit said treaty partners), and tech is great.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you will do and what you won't do. I will say that :gasp: I still like most everyone on the other "side." I will say that I respect all of you (well most of you some people seriously still suck on both sides). I will say that this will be a lot of fun, and if the chips fall against me and mine, I'm still going to say it was worth it. So at the end of the day, I can smile, have no regrets, and still go have [ooc] a beer with some people [ooc].

For reference I would have [ooc] beer [ooc] with:

Archon

SirWilliam

Londo

Xiphosis (for some reason I just think you'd be the biggest instigator at a [ooc] bar [ooc] and it would be glorious.

Most of MK as a whole actually

AirMe

Trace

Azaghul if he was here

and plenty of others.

Uninvolved is debatable. That's like saying I was uninvolved in Karma until I was at war in-game.

When i say uninvolved i mean it in the sense that we were not in that conflict but were prepped to defend our allies if they needed it. You guys decided to be forthright and declare on us preemptively creating a whole new conflict due to the fact that that none of our alliances were fighting in the war that was happening at the time.

[ooc] I would have a beer with you too tbh [ooc]

Edit: sorry for the double post :(

Edited by i surge i

The more the merrier~

So you want your allies in Umbrella to come against you all? I mean I would love them to come play on our side too :P

When i say uninvolved i mean it in the sense that we were not in that conflict but were prepped to defend our allies if they needed it. You guys decided to be forthright and declare on us preemptively creating a whole new conflict due to the fact that that none of our alliances were fighting in the war that was happening at the time.

[ooc] I would have a beer with you too tbh [ooc]

Edit: sorry for the double post :(

We both knew that each other would be entering said conflict. We just took the initiative to go in quicker.

[ooc] It's like seeing a super hot chick (hey there sexy) and saying, "hey I have a helicopter, want to get out of here (out of the bar)." Well who is going to say no to a helicopter ride while drunk. Plus you know you'll probably get some. I mean sure you could go through the process of buying her drinks, courting her for the night, maybe dancing with her (remember guys throwing a spin/twirl in makes her feel special, also always dance), maybe going for a late night and buying 4th meal at taco bell, or you could just stick with the quick and easy route and take her on your helicopter. Same result, quicker to the action. Obligatory, "that's what she said." Also one day when I do have a helicopter, we're all definitely going to get drinks and the tab is on me since I will obviously be loaded.[ooc]

Edited by LiquidMercury

To be fair, does much of CN put stock in treaties? MHA should be defending us[...]

And I quote "4. Defense obligations shall not be triggered should the one signatory become defensively engaged via any of the following: as a result of other offensive military action,[...]"

And I quote "4. Defense obligations shall not be triggered should the one signatory become defensively engaged via any of the following: as a result of other offensive military action,[...]"

You took all of my great analogies, and just snipped it and didn't even comment. I am offended Delta. Also offensive/defensive, it's all semantics these days. Though you're probably right.

It's already been proven that the treaty between MHA and TOP is worthless. However, MHA and TOP are (were?) friends, and in the new "We will defend our friends" MHA world, LM is correct.

So you want your allies in Umbrella to come against you all? I mean I would love them to come play on our side too :P

There are other citadel alliances too :v

We both knew that each other would be entering said conflict. We just took the initiative to go in quicker.

[ooc] It's like seeing a super hot chick (hey there sexy) and saying, "hey I have a helicopter, want to get out of here (out of the bar)." Well who is going to say no to a helicopter ride while drunk. Plus you know you'll probably get some. I mean sure you could go through the process of buying her drinks, courting her for the night, maybe dancing with her (remember guys throwing a spin/twirl in makes her feel special, also always dance), maybe going for a late night and buying 4th meal at taco bell, or you could just stick with the quick and easy route and take her on your helicopter. Same result, quicker to the action. Obligatory, "that's what she said." Also one day when I do have a helicopter, we're all definitely going to get drinks and the tab is on me since I will obviously be loaded.[ooc]

The main point i'm driving at is that you can't call this the same conflict, this is an entirely new war between us which is completely fine with me. [ooc] Good analogy by the way, i laughed[ooc]