GOD DoW

Xiphosis

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you guys said Coalitions weren't real, and therefore Athens and TPF were never at war during Karma.

Guess my memory was off.

No, I said that alliances aren't at war unless they are, you know, somehow at war.

For example, right now GOD is at war with NSO. We are not at war with Polaris, STA, AZTEC, or USN. In fact, if we were at war with USN, it would be a violation of our treaties. Are you accusing us of violating our treaties Dilber? That's not very nice of you :<

No, I said that alliances aren't at war unless they are, you know, somehow at war.

For example, right now GOD is at war with NSO. We are not at war with Polaris, STA, AZTEC, or USN. In fact, if we were at war with USN, it would be a violation of our treaties. Are you accusing us of violating our treaties Dilber? That's not very nice of you :<

So you recognize an alliance is in a state of war with your "coalition mate" and are therefor at war with that alliance.

Right?

So you recognize an alliance is in a state of war with your "coalition mate" and are therefor at war with that alliance.

Right?

No, I recognize that NSO (lets not use vague terms here, it'll get confusing) is in a state of war with FOK, and therefor we are declaring war on NSO. The declaration part is pretty crucial.

Edited by NoFish

No, I recognize that NSO (lets not use vague terms here, it'll get confusing) is in a state of war with FOK, and therefor we are declaring war on NSO. The declaration part is pretty crucial.

Not the war itself, clearly.

I however am surprised you are trying to cover up your stupidity. Seems like a trend with NSO.
Oh, dear SCM, if only your defensive posturing had some basis in reality.

But you're gonna be hard pressed to find anyone that would honestly believe our alliance has any "stupidity" which requires "covering up". Although I will concede we start a lot of "trends", as it's just what we do.

I am glad people are setting this precedent for this war. I'd like to see alliances have more agency than to simply intervene where their allies are directly concerned.

I know how much you hate us, Xiphosis, but good luck, nonetheless. Our Sith are resilient, if nothing else.

Right, so you just used names and didn't include coalition. I'm just so confused.

We'll be blunt and brief, this is a coalition war and NSO hit our side yesterday. Therein we declare on NSO. We will be hitting where and as needed by our allies in the conflict.

I am glad people are setting this precedent for this war. I'd like to see alliances have more agency than to simply intervene where their allies are directly concerned.

I know how much you hate us, Xiphosis, but good luck, nonetheless. Our Sith are resilient, if nothing else.

I did consider citing a few treaties, but it seemed disingenuous. I've been mulling it over all day and frankly, the precedent I'd like to be setting here is for people just to be upfront about sides when they're there; and not try to scrounge up a legal reason they're honestly just using as an excuse, to fight.

We've all seen it, and we all know in the back of our heads it's silly. If you're declaring because of a treaty and that's it, say so, but if you're declaring because a GW broke out and you need to hit xx or xx, just say that.

And yeah, I knew it'd catch a bit of flak, no skin off my back though.

Right, so you just used names and didn't include coalition. I'm just so confused.

I suspect that you might be acting dense on purpose, but just in case... The crucial part in my mind is that the declaration of war exists between NSO and GOD. This means that when the war ends GOD will have a chance to sign off on NSO's terms when they surrender. Athens had no chacne to do so for TPF, and thus had no chance to ask for reparation, admonishment, etc.

I suspect that you might be acting dense on purpose, but just in case... The crucial part in my mind is that the declaration of war exists between NSO and GOD. This means that when the war ends GOD will have a chance to sign off on NSO's terms when they surrender. Athens had no chacne to do so for TPF, and thus had no chance to ask for reparation, admonishment, etc.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you missed the boat.

Or, you know, defend against Polar's aggression.

Why is it that you people continue to neglect to mention \m/'s aggression against FoA? Is it really too embarrassing for you fellows to own up to what you're really fighting for?

Anyway, FAIL hereby recognizes as a state of war with GOD and RnR. Since we're currently preoccupied with FOK, and are unable to spare any resources, I am afraid we must simply talk you to death. God have mercy on your souls.