GOD DoW

Xiphosis

I know the Sith aren't very good at war, but there are other reasons to be in peace mode. This is pretty elementary stuff here.

I'm not a master strategist or anything, but even I can see that GOD's strategy here is shortsighted and not likely to produce the results they want.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you forming a coalition to defend against Polar's aggression? I thought it was wrong to step in and defend an alliance that you dont have ties to?

PC -> LEO (R&R) -> GOD.

I fail to see how GOD has no connection. Their bloc mate is MDoAP'd to FOK.

Edited by Penkala

Yes, their coalition side started this. And your side, oh, I mean Polar, expected \m/'s allies to not defend them. :rolleyes:

Whatever your opinion on whether Polar was in the right or not \m/'s official allies are, by and large, not the people currently defending them. A majority of the anti-NpO side of this has used optional aggression pacts to chain in at the present moment, some of them up to twice removed from a direct treaty. And seeing as NpO's right to defend FoA was wrong apparently because they didn't have a treaty, the hypocrisy at this point is flowing pretty heavy in both directions. So, and I say this lovingly, both sides need to get over themselves a bit. NpO choose to step in for FoA because they saw an opportunity, just as their detractors are taking license to engineer a counter-attack.

That's not accurate. Polar knew full well that others may come to the "defense" of \m/ as many knew full well that NSO and others will come to the defense of Polar if others started jumping in. Global war is hear, let's roll.

Next semester I will be offering Sarcasm 101.

That requires them to actually attack.

I admit I'm disappointed, all that vitriol spewed at us over the months, and this is all they can muster? I'm laughing my $@! off at their inability to back up their hot air.

You talk as though the entire war is over.

Can't we have just a single war where both sides doesn't try to "call out" the other on having people in peacemode?

I think everyone with half a brain know that it's part of how wars are fought by now.

Completely agree with neneko here. The whining about peace mode and the extremely outdated emphasis on update blitzes or the size of your update blitz is pretty dumb at this point. This isn't 2007 anymore.

Edited by President Obama

Can't we have just a single war where both sides doesn't try to "call out" the other on having people in peacemode?

I think everyone with half a brain know that it's part of how wars are fought by now.

Also hi god can you bring home some stormtrooper helmets for me?

Considering the mass amount of crap they've spewed, you'd think these knuckleheads would be more than willing to finally have a chance to do something about it, but now all we see are some half-hearted, half-dozen actual declarations, and of course we're gonna call them out on it.

GOD can't stomp us if theyre in peace mode. So I guess they should quit making themselves look ridiculous.

Whatever your opinion on whether Polar was in the right or not \m/'s official allies are, by and large, not the people currently defending them. A majority of the anti-NpO side of this has used optional aggression pacts to chain in at the present moment, some of them up to twice removed from a direct treaty. And seeing as NpO's right to defend FoA was wrong apparently because they didn't have a treaty, the hypocrisy at this point is flowing pretty heavy in both directions. So, and I say this lovingly, both sides need to get over themselves a bit. NpO choose to step in for FoA because they saw an opportunity, just as their detractors are taking license to engineer a counter-attack.

It's ironic that you are posting this into the DoW of an alliance who followed an MADP.

Considering the mass amount of crap they've spewed, you'd think these knuckleheads would be more than willing to finally have a chance to do something about it, but now all we see are some half-hearted, half-dozen actual declarations, and of course we're gonna call them out on it.

GOD can't stomp us if theyre in peace mode. So I guess they should quit making themselves look ridiculous.

Are you really quite sure you are the person who wants to throw stones about what kind of "crap" we spew?

get out of peace mode first

Yeah, funny story about that. In one of the early strategy meetings someone said that they thought NSO was going to run into peace mode before we could declare and we all agreed. The clerk who was taking notes wrote it down as that we should run into peace mode before we declare. None of us really thought it made sense, but it was already written down so we thought we probably should just go with it. Boy was our face red when we realized what happened.

Yeah, funny story about that. In one of the early strategy meetings someone said that they thought NSO was going to run into peace mode before we could declare and we all agreed. The clerk who was taking notes wrote it down as that we should run into peace mode before we declare. None of us really thought it made sense, but it was already written down so we thought we probably should just go with it. Boy was our face red when we realized what happened.

I hope thats a joke

R&R has ties to FOK, GOD has ties to R&R. We're not.

And you are tied to GOD thus you guys have formed up a coalition to plan out how you think this World War that shouldn't have been is to go down because you guys would like to see Polar hamstrung as much as possible due to the impressive growth they have shown the world.

Yes, we all get the tie between GOD and RnR what I was talking about is the particular wording of the OP that betrays more then just a simple defensive treaty activation.

Wait what?

Coherency check isle three please.

Go ahead and read over the OP again and if it still flies over your head we will get you that coherency check.

PC -> LEO (R&R) -> GOD.

I fail to see how GOD has no connection. Their bloc mate is MDoAP'd to FOK.

That is not what is questioned at all. It is the fact that it has been admitted that a coalition has formed up in order to control who follows their treaties in order to try and control who jumps into the war. Basically it is a tactical coalition you have formed to try and control how this war goes. What that means is there are some alliances that have already decided that they want in on this and they will push forth a World War from this.

The only reason why this could be is because the end result is for a heavily damaged Polar because of their position in the world and their expedient growth rate.