FOK DoW

Your posts smack of total and absolute hypocrisy. Not because of what the poster you're replying to has stated, but that you accuse him of spinning this against you. Both sides are actively courting the international scene on who is at fault and who is on the "right side" of things. Saying someone is a liar, while not providing proof of what they say is wrong is simply hearsay. Your word versus his, and frankly that doesn't mean that you're right or he is.

Perhaps if you provided a little more than the usual bellicose language, we might be able to get somewhere.

When he's accusing Grub of spurious bullcrap, which never happened, it's not exactly a matter of hearsay for Grub to call him a liar.

Once Grub is shown to be a liar, then you can call him a hypocrite, until then, keep your baseless namecalling to yourself.

If anything we've proven that an alliance attempting to impose it's police mentality on others goes against the political consensus of this world.

You talk a lot about freedom, and I know that what you mean is being able to beat down on helpless nations, on weaker parties. Yet if someone says no and decides to help whoever you're hitting for no reason you cry foul. Too bad. Actions have consequences. Learn to live with it.

When he's accusing Grub of spurious bullcrap, which never happened, it's not exactly a matter of hearsay for Grub to call him a liar.

Once Grub is shown to be a liar, then you can call him a hypocrite, until then, keep your baseless namecalling to yourself.

Actually I never called him a name, that was you that insinuated that I called AlmightyGrub something. I stated that I believe his words were hypocritical on the basis that it was ludicrous for someone to be called a liar because another individual merely says so. It is precisely hearsay because one doesn't have to be proven a liar first. As a matter of fact, if one was proven to be a liar then the answer would be quite evident one way or the other. As it stands, the water remains murky and it still remains hearsay because neither side to my knowledge has revealed wexactly what happened in the diplomatic back channels.

Also, I would like to hear your logic at how one must be proven a liar first in order for it to be hearsay. To my knowledge hearsay is related to accusations, not the results of being found guilty of something.

Your posts smack of total and absolute hypocrisy. Not because of what the poster you're replying to has stated, but that you accuse him of spinning this against you. Both sides are actively courting the international scene on who is at fault and who is on the "right side" of things. Saying someone is a liar, while not providing proof of what they say is wrong is simply hearsay. Your word versus his, and frankly that doesn't mean that you're right or he is.

Perhaps if you provided a little more than the usual bellicose language, we might be able to get somewhere.

I would suggest to you in the strongest terms, check the actual facts, not the actual spin/blatant lie.

Polaris made an offer, directly to the concerned parties. It was posted publicly, not hidden in secret and to attempt to suggest it was withdrawn is a pathetic lie. The post is still public, it has not ever been changed or withdrawn.

Not only a deliberate lie, it is a deliberate attempt to mislead an already pathetically gullible peanut gallery. But please do continue using the word hypocrisy, it sounds so cool when you try to use it in a sentence not comprehending for one second either its meaning or its application to the situation.

Seriously, the terms are simple, I have conceded all I am ever going to... and it is all there in black and white. If you do not like the terms, tough, that's what they are.

As for PC, they have to do precisely nothing, as clearly stated yesterday well prior to update. They can just walk away. Do keep on spinning though.

The spin factors are delicious, but do try to confine them to some semblance of reality.

EDIT:

Here are the terms offered publicly and privately before update 23/1/10. No link will be provided. Please note the time stamps are mine. Update is 16:00

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> The parties NpO, \m/ and PC agree to end hostilities

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> \m/ acknowledges that they have a charter that reflects the accepted CN standards and they agree to follow their charter

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> Community standards on Planet Bob are defined by the community as a whole. NpO acknowledges this and that it is not the sole moral authority.

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> signed for the NpO..Grub

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> that is my current offer?

Edited by AlmightyGrub

Nobody likes the police

Well actually, in the Netherlands, when it's time to dial 911 it would be more useful to call the New Polar Order. Last time I called the cops about someone getting killed in the appartment above me, it took them 45 minutes to arrive on the scene. By then things had escalated.

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> The parties NpO, \m/ and PC agree to end hostilities

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> \m/ acknowledges that they have a charter that reflects the accepted CN standards and they agree to follow their charter

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> Community standards on Planet Bob are defined by the community as a whole. NpO acknowledges this and that it is not the sole moral authority.

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> signed for the NpO..Grub

[13:38] <AlmightyGrub> that is my current offer?

Who determines the CN standards? There's no authority leading the community in terms of morality or anything else, so the only ones that can determine them are the one's that are trying to impose them, in this case you.

I don't remember appointing anyone to determine my standards and i don't recall supporting a treaty with NpO back when i did to help give you the political revenue to claim such a thing.

Who determines the CN standards? There's no authority leading the community in terms of morality or anything else, so the only ones that can determine them are the one's that are trying to impose them, in this case you.

I don't remember appointing anyone to determine my standards and i don't recall supporting a treaty with NpO back when i did to help give you the political revenue to claim such a thing.

Were you seriously blind to it? "community standards are defined by the community as a whole".

I know people love trying to look like the unique jerks that they are, but at the end of the day most people agree on most issues, like how raiding a 33-man alliance with a bunch of friends is a jerk move, and how asking someone to "do something about it" when you're a measly 2 mil NS is idiotic.

Edited by hizzy

Really? It seems i'm not member to your community, despite the fact that you're telling me i am. How do i apply?

it's not "my" community. The community is Planet Bob... or at least the part of Planet Bob that's active on these forums.

it's not "my" community. The community is Planet Bob... or at least the part of Planet Bob that's active on these forums.

Is it now? The closest thing to this community you're talking about is obviously not as united in standards as you claim it to be since this DoW wouldn't exist if like you claim the community would agree. Obviously someone dislikes what grub did more than what m/ did.

So where's this "cn community standards" thing that you're talking about given that not everyone agrees and how exactly are you nominating it when people seem to have different standards? Seems like everyone's become a community spokesperson nowadays.

Their charter is complacent to the general consensus already, they just need to follow it.

I almost imagined the next thing you'd say is "we're just helping them out really". :P

We are helping out the little guys, who next thing they know will be in a state of "tech raid" and probably destroyed or crippled.

This is a nice effort to cloud the issue and present polars reason for fighting the war for it.

I appreciate the effort, but sometimes people actually are up front and say what they mean, I know it is hard to believe, but polars reason for the war is precisely what it said in polar's DoW and not FOK's DoW.