Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

We aren't, we just don't like Polaris trying to claim they are different than us. They want to war us, great! They want to tech raid us, Great!

We are them and they are us.............and I am very happy :D

Well, there are two differences I can think of: first, you attacked for some tech; we attacked because the owners of said tech were tiny by comparison; second, you decided to spit in our face when we approached you diplomatically, and we decided to smile and smite you. But let's both have fun.

Apologizing for something that isn't the cause of the war to begin with. As has been stated several times. Learn to keep up, man.

Right, so why didn't the declare war on all the other alliances who tech raided small AA's, like PC, Athens, etc?

Destruction of communities masqueraded as tech raiding.

Larger, well connected alliances ganging up on alliances that have just lost a treaty, or have had no opportunity to establish one.

I havent seen grub complaining about tech raiding in general but I have seen him being vocal on those situations.

Er, so when you declare war with the intent of destruction you aren't destroying communities?

Apologizing for something that isn't the cause of the war to begin with. As has been stated several times. Learn to keep up, man.

Really I thought you were the one claiming it was all for flipping the finger to grub over their diplomatic attempt. Or are you backpedaling from that argument already?

You're saying there's a relation based on an entirely superficial similarity:

"CNARF was opposed to tech raids!"

"Polar declared on \m/, an alliance known for tech raiding!"

"Clearly the two are the same thing!"

I hope this puts into perspective just how incredibly stupid your argument is.

Considering the main motivator for polar being involved at all was because \m/ raided, that similarity holds a lot more true.

Larger, well connected alliances ganging up on alliances that have just lost a treaty, or have had no opportunity to establish one.

I havent seen grub complaining about tech raiding in general but I have seen him being vocal on those situations.

So it's against tech raiding alliances? I know several alliances whom allow that. Hey they happen to be allied to polar too.

Right, so why didn't the declare war on all the other alliances who tech raided small AA's, like PC, Athens, etc?

We've covered this...\m/ was the most exposed target and the easiest to make an example of...naturally all this outrage at NpO's behavior is wonderful and all, but if that's all that's going to happen--words--then the next few days will be rather boring.

Err..you can make that argument for PC for sure, but Athens?

Athens apologized and did what Polaris asked/demanded they do. They gave into Polaris's demands, \m/ did not. That is the difference here.

The death penalty is typically applied when passed by a legislative body, and the subject is convicted and sentenced by a judge and jury. Tell me, who appointed Polar the Legislator, Judge and Jury of Planet Bob? I sure as hell didn't vote for you.

Looks like you didn't read the OP, I'll quote grub for you:

I do however see many others, many who realize that our community has some standards, some agreed codes of conduct and some boundaries that keep our community functioning. We are forced to self-regulate, there is no CN Police, no Courts, except of public opinion and therefore as a community we are compelled to prevent anarchy by enforcing our own standards. This forum provides the platform for all and sundry to present their views and to be heard. Discussion and debate are an important part of our process, yet today I stand concerned that too few actually care at all about our community and what it needs to survive and with it, us.

This doesn't describe the situation with \m/ and NpO. However, it does sound like what \m/ did to FoA to get this whole ball rolling. :smug:

EDIT: can't spell at night. :P

Edited by LordAkanata

How about grub tells us lowly mortals why he decided to rain down holy judgement on \m/? I mean there's the tech raiding, the cursing on their own channels and their stubborn refusal to bow down to their betters. They're just all so good reasons I can't pick any.

On a unrelated note it's pretty fun to see the exact same people that have spent the last two conflicts spewing crap about how it's wrong to stomp an alliance just because you can suddenly do a 180 when they dislike the guys on the reciving end. Kudos for sticking to your beliefs guys.

Who knows? Maybe because the declaration wasn't in retaliation for the tech raiding?

It wasn't for the raid, and it wasn't for the comments. Tell me, friend, what was the DoW for? Because they just didn't like \m/?

Oh, right, that's exactly it.

Edited by NoFish

Care to point me to the "destroyed community" or the "alliance(S)" declared on in the DoW?

Really I thought you were the one claiming it was all for flipping the finger to grub over their diplomatic attempt. Or are you backpedaling from that argument already?

How do you get backpedaling from that? Really? Because I'm pretty sure that the foul language isnt what set Grub off. Didn't you say you were informed?

Clearly that was misleading of you.

Considering the main motivator for polar being involved at all was because \m/ raided, that similarity holds a lot more true.

What is "escalation"? Someone explain it to this guy.

So it's against tech raiding alliances? I know several alliances whom allow that. Hey they happen to be allied to polar too.
Wha? I'm pretty sure he just pointed out that some folks like to use "Tech Raids" as a convenient cover for attacking alliances these days. Edited by Chron

The war is over \m/'s conduct.

Grub's statements are a whole different matter.

^_^

Well yeah, and that goal is the destruction of the community. Which was one of your complaints.
We make no demands, nor will we, of anything relating to reparations, no alliances will be disbanded as a result of our war and peace is extremely simple to obtain.

Let's be clear. I was the nation from Kronos who raided the RLMMO alliance and started that whole mess for my alliance. Why do you think you know more about this situation than I do? YOU ARE WRONG. Get over it and stop making yourself and your alliance look bad. I love Nueva Vida. It pains me to see you posting. The nation who raided RLMMO who was ghosting Kronos Applicant was White Majik. This is not debatable and I do not care to show you proof. Just stop talking about this situation - it has nothing to do with Polar or \m/.

Apart from this (and nippy, and Chimp): have a present Penkala, it is educational :)