Way to go, CC

Schattenmann

lugosi_gasp2.jpg

A week to prepare plus a special guest appearance by LiquidMercury announcing your counter, and you get 24 wars off?

orly.jpg

Oh. my. God.

Did you know you were going to war?

From the amount of "I dont know whats going on" on their side in the Coalition Of Cowards 2.0 thread (sorry Coincidence thingy) I think they had no idea...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the CoC junk first time, and I still hate it. Plus the other side doesnt seem to have a name yet. So I thought up names for both, equally demeaning, that I think suit. If anyone else agrees you are welcome to use them. Whoever did Jerichoholics signature graphic deserves partial credit too, as that was my inspiration.

The Headless Hegemonists vs. The Klueless Karmunards.

Think that will catch on? <_<

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Peace mode used for strategic planning? I've never seen such a thing!

I don't get it though. Why should the original attackers even care. You guys are not doing any damage to them.

They should tell their allies to wait to declare until more nations actualy attack them, in the mean time they continue turning TPF into a smoking hole.

Some of the criticism being levelled in this thread is ridiculous. Not every war has to be a simple numbers game - "who gets the most declarations in on the first day wins" - kind of deal, and the strength of a DoW isn't solely based on numbers of wars declared on day #1 either.

I am also sick of the inane peace mode jokes. Must we have these same tired lines every god-damn war? It's a valid tactic to use and you'd be foolish to rule it out on the basis of some bizarre notion of macho-ness (instead of considering, I don't know, strategy or something), so please can we just stop the nonsense now.

lugosi_gasp2.jpg

A week to prepare plus a special guest appearance by LiquidMercury announcing your counter, and you get 24 wars off?

orly.jpg

Oh. my. God.

Did you know you were going to war?

They're pretty scary huh? Don't worry though, their lack of aggression was not due to cowardice ... it was just... coincidence.

I've noticed you CSN folks are quite bitter and rude. Not a very cool trait, even during a war.

Takes one to know one, am I right? Why yes, I am. How about instead of generalizing, you actually, ya know, get your head out of your $@! and realize that people of the same AA aren't the same.

I hadn't paid attention to whom, I just noticed the AA on every awful post.

I wouldn't really call them poking fun. In another thread one of your guys is mocking LM's reasoning behind delaying the war. Quite harsh.

Aw, do you want a tissue? I think I just shed a few crocodile tears.

In all seriousness, if it was Wicked, well, do you really expect any differently from him? His actions are practically trademarked to him. That and I would mock LM's reasons behind delaying the war too. Although I understand LM had OOC reasons, the fact that all of TPF's allies couldn't grow spines and coordinate something on their own without relying on LM is ridiculous. LM is incredibly knowledgeable, don't get me wrong, but God forbid LM isn't available at some point and someone has to make a military decision on their own.

EDIT: And just a heads up, there is sarcasm in this post afoot. :ph34r:

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Judging the number of wars you lot declared, the current Supercomplaints members can handle this on their own. Handily.

Even though my allies are on (clearly) one side of the battle lines, I'm going to have to say that this is without merit. At all. They declared wars to draw out the allies of Athens, \m/, and GOD. They obviously feigned away from Ragnarok as to try and hold out as long as possible before NpO jumps in. Perhaps my only confusion is in regards to why you would purposely pull in SF! and CnG at once when they clearly would have numerical supremacy, though it is safe to assume that the Declarations of Support just show those waiting to pounce on any of tonight's counters.

Someone mentioned that this was a chess game, and it clearly is. The first moves were establishing an aggressive formation that creates opportunity. Now the pawns are in motion, and I think white's bishop fell off the board... now where was he before. Damn.

So hiding isn't considered cowardice now?

It depends what kind of hiding. Hiding in which you're trying to never attack or hiding in order to gain an advantage. Considering they declared war, you can bet it's not the former.

How can you be so stupid to continue to use the "peace mode is for cowards" line in a war where your side used this tactic first.

Sarcasm. Supercomplaints (SC) complained about that tactic and continues to do so, and then they sent their top guys to do the exact same. Way to be consistent, guys.

Also, lulz at the CoC stuff. I await your evidence that anybody was ever planning on cancelling.

Even though my allies are on (clearly) one side of the battle lines, I'm going to have to say that this is without merit. At all. They declared wars to draw out the allies of Athens, \m/, and GOD. They obviously feigned away from Ragnarok as to try and hold out as long as possible before NpO jumps in. Perhaps my only confusion is in regards to why you would purposely pull in SF! and CnG at once when they clearly would have numerical supremacy, though it is safe to assume that the Declarations of Support just show those waiting to pounce on any of tonight's counters.

Someone mentioned that this was a chess game, and it clearly is. The first moves were establishing an aggressive formation that creates opportunity. Now the pawns are in motion, and I think white's bishop fell off the board... now where was he before. Damn.

Yeah, thing about that is if the counters do the same thing and go into hide mode and those counter counters come in in hide mode, we're right back where we started. Only this time we get to see how many times we can use the word "counter," consecutively before something actually breaks loose.

Yeah, thing about that is if the counters do the same thing and go into hide mode and those counter counters come in in hide mode, we're right back where we started. Only this time we get to see how many times we can use the word "counter," consecutively before something actually breaks loose.

Well, nonetheless it's going to be a long war because neither side is going to break on their "counters". And you are right... the word "counter" can't really apply to such a limited number of wars, but it definitely will draw attention to tonight.

Well, nonetheless it's going to be a long war because neither side is going to break on their "counters". And you are right... the word "counter" can't really apply to such a limited number of wars, but it definitely will draw attention to tonight.

I honestly don't see why anyone would even bother to pay attention tonight. We did just bust the forum server over like 22 wars last night. Let's giver her a break tonight. :lol1:

I know what the strategy is, good sir. I was being sarcastic in my post, in relation to the OP, in case you missed it.

But hey.

I honestly don't see why anyone would even bother to pay attention tonight. We did just bust the forum server over like 22 wars last night. Let's giver her a break tonight. :lol1:

Touche good sir.

I know what the strategy is, good sir. I was being sarcastic in my post, in relation to the OP, in case you missed it.

But hey.

Eh, my apologies. It's been a long day on the forums... so much bawwwing, crying, etc.

Given the lack of wars, questioning the 'blitz' is silly because there obviously wasn't a blitz. Even if all these alliances were highly inactive, they wouldn't be that inactive. Keep on trying to spin what you know you don't understand, it will work both on the opposition and the feeble minded fickle masses.

Given the lack of wars, questioning the 'blitz' is silly because there obviously wasn't a blitz. Even if all these alliances were highly inactive, they wouldn't be that inactive. Keep on trying to spin what you know you don't understand, it will work both on the opposition and the feeble minded fickle masses.

I agree with you that it wasn't a blitz. they should have declared on some other time, not before update (at least they won't cause heavy stress activity for the servers).

Pretty much my response as well.

\m/ - 58 nations in war mode. 5 declarations for \m/. 1 is offensive on Lady Gaga (Tela).

The 2 decs are by TFD.

1 dec from IRON. BnT (I guess it's pretty cool to be the only one).

But you're \m/...the shock troops, the scourge of Update and the first thing you see in the morning and realize your day is ruined.

I expect no less than all out assault. \m/>_<\m/

I'm sorry but this has to be one of the better posts I've seen lately.

Well spoken, good sir.